Lower requirement for grandmaster shieldsmith

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
Having to chop 3.1mill wood to get grandmaster shieldsmith is waaaay too crazy compared to the other grandmaster titles.
It takes us 310 wood for a small flat shield and we are required to make 10k of those!
It's been months, I quit the game 2 times already and still need 1.96mill left to go
I don't feel like progressing the game before getting that title on the other hand, but I don't see myself managing to chop the rest of the 2mill~ wood I have to chop left before I'll quit the game once again.
Please change that never-ending grind, it's too overwhelming.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Having to chop 3.1mill wood to get grandmaster shieldsmith is waaaay too crazy compared to the other grandmaster titles.
It takes us 310 wood for a small flat shield and we are required to make 10k of those!
It's been months, I quit the game 2 times already and still need 1.96mill left to go
I don't feel like progressing the game before getting that title on the other hand, but I don't see myself managing to chop the rest of the 2mill~ wood I have to chop left before I'll quit the game once again.
Please change that never-ending grind, it's too overwhelming.
The point is longevity in the titles, not being able to get them all easily.

That being said, there is a huge imbalance in the amount of materials needed among the crafting professions. Nothing is consistent. You can use a single stack of Crepite for bows and restock once every several months.

It's a higher order issue in the balancing of material usage across the professions.

Reactions: Jatix

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
The point is longevity in the titles, not being able to get them all easily.

That being said, there is a huge imbalance in the amount of materials needed among the crafting professions. Nothing is consistent. You can use a single stack of Crepite for bows and restock once every several months.

It's a higher order issue in the balancing of material usage across the professions.
Dude, people are becoming grandmasters easily by spam crafting bone tissues in any role except shieldsmith, you can become grandmaster within a day doing that. (especially as bow crafter)
You can't even compare it to chopping 3mill wood while each chop gives you 20 wood (on maxed skill), and it does take a while to get.

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
Sell shields and buy wood. Ez clap
1. You cant buy such amounts because nobody farms this much
2. You still have to get 3mill wood for that "ez clap", its not as easy as you think it is - like I said, it made me take a break from the game twice.
3. Why do I even have to throw all my gold and effort on that while other crafting classes are able to become grandmaster at much easier and faster pace?

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
2. You still have to get 3mill wood for that "ez clap", its not as easy as you think it is - like I said, it made me take a break from the game twice.
3. Why do I even have to throw all my gold and effort on that while other crafting classes are able to become grandmaster at much easier and faster pace?
Like I get it its balanced wrong, but I also dont get why you would bother grinding this hard and quit over a title that does nothing other than say you shit a huge amount of wood and clicked craft 10,000 times. Like sadly crafting titles dont mean anything. This game doesnt have some epic shield crafting system that should make someone want to be a shield crafting main. And because of that, they wont be changing the system. They cant lower the resource used because for anyone not making 10k shields, they are already worth nothing. They can lower the 10k to 1k but thats just kinda inconsistent and I dont see them doing it.

The good news is that if for some reason you still chose to make 10k shields for a title, you will be the only one who has it for a while. Making it easier to get gains you nothing, it just devalues the title you want.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like I get it its balanced wrong, but I also dont get why you would bother grinding this hard and quit over a title that does nothing other than say you shit a huge amount of wood and clicked craft 10,000 times. Like sadly crafting titles dont mean anything. This game doesnt have some epic shield crafting system that should make someone want to be a shield crafting main. And because of that, they wont be changing the system. They cant lower the resource used because for anyone not making 10k shields, they are already worth nothing. They can lower the 10k to 1k but thats just kinda inconsistent and I dont see them doing it.

The good news is that if for some reason you still chose to make 10k shields for a title, you will be the only one who has it for a while. Making it easier to get gains you nothing, it just devalues the title you want.

Yea I mean even like a 1% mat cost reduction would be nice lool. I don't even have GM wep, but I haven't specced... lances, poleaxes yet. I've made a lot of stuff. I guess the titles mean SOMETHING because unless someone is just a jerkoff spamming daggers or whatever, it's likely a Master can craft most wep types at max lore. BUT I guess, otoh, people be locking at 70 so hehh.

I do wish all the titles weren't basically spam/grind titles. ah, MO forya.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yea I mean even like a 1% mat cost reduction would be nice lool. I don't even have GM wep, but I haven't specced... lances, poleaxes yet. I've made a lot of stuff. I guess the titles mean SOMETHING because unless someone is just a jerkoff spamming daggers or whatever, it's likely a Master can craft most wep types at max lore. BUT I guess, otoh, people be locking at 70 so hehh.

I do wish all the titles weren't basically spam/grind titles. ah, MO forya.
Actually using wood is good tho. MO1 you used like 7 spongewood per weapon. It was a joke, 1 stack lasted forever. Its just bad for grinding. But you also only need 70 skill for max damage.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Actually using wood is good tho. MO1 you used like 7 spongewood per weapon. It was a joke, 1 stack lasted forever. Its just bad for grinding. But you also only need 70 skill for max damage.

yea, I mean for Master/GM etc. I feel like they should base it on appropriate lores being at 100 and crafting skills being at 100. Like to be GM you'd need to have all specs, cron, ogh, maal, etc. And yea wood is surprisingly interesting for certain weps like spears, too, but the dura is so crap. The wt is def interesting tho.

I spam w/ BT and FG leather.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
yea, I mean for Master/GM etc. I feel like they should base it on appropriate lores being at 100 and crafting skills being at 100. Like to be GM you'd need to have all specs, cron, ogh, maal, etc. And yea wood is surprisingly interesting for certain weps like spears, too, but the dura is so crap. The wt is def interesting tho.

I spam w/ BT and FG leather.
They can make GM crafter require 100 ogh cron tm and tung lores. Like just having 100 shield crafting isnt worthy of GM title. People want it to be easier, but all that does is make the title have less value.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They can make GM crafter require 100 ogh cron tm and tung lores. Like just having 100 shield crafting isnt worthy of GM title. People want it to be easier, but all that does is make the title have less value.

agree. That's how I got 'rich (cuz I'm lazy, plus not TOO wild with prices) ' off soph titles. Only like 2 people had them and they prol got them off of black creft fish spam.

To be the only person in the game with a title is def something. GM other stuff is all overdone.

Edit: but yea I'd rather have GM mean you can craft many things at high lore (or could, assuming you didn't spec off) opposed to that you clicked craft 10,000 times. lol. I haven't even got it, like I said, and the only thing I dread more than re-clading chars would be spamming weps back up. THOSE POLES.

otoh lool, just checked.gemmm.jpg

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Edit: but yea I'd rather have GM mean you can craft many things at high lore (or could, assuming you didn't spec off) opposed to that you clicked craft 10,000 times. lol. I haven't even got it, like I said, and the only thing I dread more than re-clading chars would be spamming weps back up. THOSE POLES.

otoh lool, just checked.View attachment 5073
Game badly needs a better reroll system to keep clade xp and titles.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Game badly needs a better reroll system to keep clade xp and titles.
Is this a joke? Steam account stuff already sticks when remaking, so achievement progress and titles do stick.
Clade XP is the outlier.

What they need yes is a way to reroll your race in game without reMAKING your character.