Losing my trinkets to a bug is hard to come back from

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
I think it’s strange SV is so nonchalant about these types of issues. Besides the immediate impact on the affected player there is also a ripple effect on newer players in the community when they hear about these kinds of problems. Even if SV cannot immediately fix the bug, the player should be reimbursed without question.

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think it’s strange SV is so nonchalant about these types of issues. Besides the immediate impact on the affected player there is also a ripple effect on newer players in the community when they hear about these kinds of problems. Even if SV cannot immediately fix the bug, the player should be reimbursed without question.
They have a strong no reimbursement policy because they cannot track anything whatsoever, it's understandable they just don't trust players.

In MO1 GMs would even dupe shit for people because they didn't knew" and trusted people. Then SV realized GMs were doing favors to players and since they didn't had the tools to check the databae they just applied a no reimbursement policy, and they never made a proper database for GMs. This should have been done day 1 of MO2 development but instead we get shitty copy-paste garbage from the previous game.
Then they wonder why people quits lol.

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
They have a strong no reimbursement policy because they cannot track anything whatsoever, it's understandable they just don't trust players.

In MO1 GMs would even dupe shit for people because they didn't knew" and trusted people. Then SV realized GMs were doing favors to players and since they didn't had the tools to check the databae they just applied a no reimbursement policy, and they never made a proper database for GMs. This should have been done day 1 of MO2 development but instead we get shitty copy-paste garbage from the previous game.

Guess that makes sense but is pretty unfathomable to me for a game in this day and age. I remember there were a few issues in EQ1 and their team was able to verify items and reimburse players. That was in 1999.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Guess that makes sense but is pretty unfathomable to me for a game in this day and age. I remember there were a few issues in EQ1 and their team was able to verify items and reimburse players. That was in 1999.

Im unaware why they can't do such a simple thing as tracking a character's absolute log, but i can imagine its related to the really shitty lead development. Player logs should be one of the first infrastructure assets made, specially considering all that happened in MO1. Its not like they don't know this is a problematic. They promised in MO1 they would work on it, but here we are.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

Looks like Seb is incapable of adding some IDs to the database and logging their transactions. Or an item tracking plugin isn't available.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

even technology can't make up the difference between a highly experience, highly funded team, vs a low experience, low funded team

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Lost a bug with my top trinkets. 5 gold rings and 3 skadite amulets. Just put it in bag and iside chest after this :) Mortal, Mortal never changes

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Lost a bug with my top trinkets. 5 gold rings and 3 skadite amulets. Just put it in bag and iside chest after this :) Mortal, Mortal never changes

I have epic dogshit cuprum trinkets that I found or bought off broker cheap unid. I have them all on base level of storage haha. I was like man these trinkets... - opens bag -.... nah, nahhh.

• Wow
Reactions: TheHeretic

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
I have epic dogshit cuprum trinkets that I found or bought off broker cheap unid. I have them all on base level of storage haha. I was like man these trinkets... - opens bag -.... nah, nahhh.
That was happened when you play in a game solo and didnt read forum

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
feel u, but that's the hazard of introducing soul bound shit to the game. It's pussification, slo brainwash.

yo iirc pick axes were soul bound, but people whined til they weren't lol. Now they want trinkets. oke.
If the game deleted 5k in trinket or 5k in mats I'd still be pissed and quit. I've been insanely salty over the game killing me from my bandages disappearing and making me lose a fight losing 10g gear. I didn't waste my night looking for a fight so I can lose it for the single reason that my bandages disappeared (and were obviously on my body after). Losing 5k gold because the game decided to is unacceptable. The player didn't roam with 5k gold, risking it. It was stored safely. So weather trinkets drop or not has no effect. It wasn't risked gear.

What blows my mind is how they had all these issues in MO1, then decided to remake MO2 the same way so they cant track anything lol...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If the game deleted 5k in trinket or 5k in mats I'd still be pissed and quit. I've been insanely salty over the game

Like I said I feel you, but on the other hand, MO been fucking people over for years. I feel like that's a bad mindset. MO is just for fun at this point. Play it like a themepark, fight people if they come. It's free.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zachary13309339208/recommended/1170950?snr=1_5_9__402

That's how I feel now. I'm still salty SV didn't give me my money back. I'm still salty they let our shit get hacked. That being said, other than boycotting, which is also an option, just do what ya can. Get the enjoyment out of it that it can offer. Don't look at it as a primary source of enjoyment.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
What blows my mind is how they had all these issues in MO1, then decided to remake MO2 the same way so they cant track anything lol...

It doesn't blow my mind, the amount of accuracy i've been having forecasting shitty development with mortal might aswell make me qualify as a fortune teller, except that for mortal its more like misfortune teller.

1660146906839.png