Losing my trinkets to a bug is hard to come back from

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
I have damn near white-knighted for this game. Most of the bugs I know how to deal with, and adapt to. I have always have a pretty great time playing this game.

Last night, I put my trinkets in a bag into an access chest in my house. Opened the bag 5minutes later, trinkets were gone. Secure house, secure access chest shared between two characters. The bug on the splash screen said it was related to the /droploot command - figured access chests were fine.

I am crushed man. Close to 3000gold I spent on those trinkets, would likely cost 4k+ now to replace. 55primary point gold topaz amulet specific for my build, and two cuprum amythest rings with +max health +max strength.

I reached out to multiple GM's - and they all told me they cannot help in anyway. This is unacceptable. They can't even replace the base trinket - even buying an UNID gold topaz amulet is gonna run me at least 2k.

I feel so deflated man. If I lost it in PVP, it would be fine - that would be fair. I just feel robbed.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I have damn near white-knighted for this game. Most of the bugs I know how to deal with, and adapt to. I have always have a pretty great time playing this game.

Last night, I put my trinkets in a bag into an access chest in my house. Opened the bag 5minutes later, trinkets were gone. Secure house, secure access chest shared between two characters. The bug on the splash screen said it was related to the /droploot command - figured access chests were fine.

I am crushed man. Close to 3000gold I spent on those trinkets, would likely cost 4k+ now to replace. 55primary point gold topaz amulet specific for my build, and two cuprum amythest rings with +max health +max strength.

I reached out to multiple GM's - and they all told me they cannot help in anyway. This is unacceptable. They can't even replace the base trinket - even buying an UNID gold topaz amulet is gonna run me at least 2k.

I feel so deflated man. If I lost it in PVP, it would be fine - that would be fair. I just feel robbed.
Join the club, lost a bunch of money on shitty broken broker and they couldn't (or wouldnt) aknowledge the problem that just happened.
They have a strong no-giving items policy because a lot of people used to scam GM's in MO1 and that was truly unacceptable. So GMs would often do really nasty deeds with the powers they had.

But, to be honest they need to find a way to track items. I find it hilarious after over a decade of mortal development they still haven't figured out a way to control items ingame, its pitiful to say the least.

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022

Maybe it is just an old bug when an item just become invisible place-holder in inventory (you can’t place items on the same spot in this way).

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
You may try to put the bag with trinkets in you char inventory then type “/droploot” and check your loot bag. Don’t forget to close the door of your house:\

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
Maybe it is just an old bug when an item just become invisible place-holder in inventory (you can’t place items on the same spot in this way).

Thats the first thing I tried. I'm a vet to this game, and know the workarounds to all the bugs...except this one.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I lost a stack of cron do to a house chest deleting it. Some guildies lost trinkets and other mats to chest.

I dont even care about cron I can make more its nothing. But trinkets you cant make more of that type. Its rng and huge time investment.

Houses also went sown due to the data base servers having issues with people losing tons of stuff.

No logs to go get your junk back that the game deleted.

A great way to lose players.

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
I lost a stack of cron do to a house chest deleting it. Some guildies lost trinkets and other mats to chest.

I dont even care about cron I can make more its nothing. But trinkets you cant make more of that type. Its rng and huge time investment.

Houses also went sown due to the data base servers having issues with people losing tons of stuff.

No logs to go get your junk back that the game deleted.

A great way to lose players.

Yeah...its pretty despicable. I spent 2 weeks looking for that EXACT trinket, and had to pay a premium for it.

Can I farm up more gold and buy another trinket, adjust the build, and make it work? Yeah, of course I can.

But I don't want to now. I need a break from MO2 at this point. I'm fucking pissed off.

Even if the GM could just give me back te base trinkets by looking at the logs, that would bring me back; but they won't. So fuck it. If they won't play, why should I.

D

Deleted member 44

I lost two rings like this as well. LGM Discord just ignores me at this point.

Reactions: Tzone

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
feel u, but that's the hazard of introducing soul bound shit to the game. It's pussification, slo brainwash.

yo iirc pick axes were soul bound, but people whined til they weren't lol. Now they want trinkets. oke.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
feel u, but that's the hazard of introducing soul bound shit to the game. It's pussification, slo brainwash.

yo iirc pick axes were soul bound, but people whined til they weren't lol. Now they want trinkets. oke.
yeah sadly they introduce bound items on a "full loot game" which is not full loot anymore, one step closer to the mainstream garbage.

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
Painful to read, I feel bad for you bro. Tbh, problems and bugs like this are why I’ve never even attempted to build a house in this game…..the ROI just was never there for me given the inherent risks to losing your gold, items, and most of all time.

MO2 is simply at an alpha development level in many areas and should be approached accordingly. If I lost my character and everything I own tomorrow I wouldn’t lose much sleep over it cause Ive been careful not to overly invest my time in something that is so unfinished.

Reactions: Bladeer01

Exfaust

Feb 7, 2022
Sorry to hear that, man. That's actually so terrible.

Really hoping that this sort of thing gets looked at critically so that future incidents like this don't happen and more importantly don't come up as a development flaw going forward; this is something that really shouldn't happen at all. If it does - there needs to be a way to remedy it. Hope to see you come back - despite how frustrating this sort of experience can be sometimes. It's absolutely the type of thing to push people away.

Reactions: alabugin

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@Robmo Posted this support announcement on Discord on 2nd July. I feel that they should have transferred all items stored in houses to a place-able temporary storage npc where they can be kept safe and accessible by the house owner(s) until SV finds a solid fix for the bug. I feel sorry for those who lost their items.

Missing Items and House Storage

Hello Mortals,

The GMs have been getting reports that items have been vanishing from player's home storage. The Devs are working on this issue. In the case it is a UI bug, it is likely in a "false" slot. After leaving the slot "empty" for some time, it may re appear. In the case of is simply gone, we do not have a solution now.

We wanted to give a heads up in case you run into this issue. Use a little bit of care when placing high value items in your home. We suggest using the bank. We apologize for this issue.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
@Robmo Posted this support announcement on Discord on 2nd July. I feel that they should have transferred all items stored in houses to a place-able temporary storage npc where they can be kept safe and accessible by the house owner(s) until SV finds a solid fix for the bug. I feel sorry for those who lost their items.

Missing Items and House Storage

Hello Mortals,

The GMs have been getting reports that items have been vanishing from player's home storage. The Devs are working on this issue. In the case it is a UI bug, it is likely in a "false" slot. After leaving the slot "empty" for some time, it may re appear. In the case of is simply gone, we do not have a solution now.

We wanted to give a heads up in case you run into this issue. Use a little bit of care when placing high value items in your home. We suggest using the bank. We apologize for this issue.
Could you try making an ingame ticket and asking for LGM Discord specifically? They may be able to help you now.

Reactions: Exfaust

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I lost way more to bugs than pkers. Strange how we all normalize it. That being said when it happens to you nobody cares. Everyone acts tough when it happens to someone else 'get over it', then when it happens to them they're real upset

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I lost way more to bugs than pkers. Strange how we all normalize it. That being said when it happens to you nobody cares. Everyone acts tough when it happens to someone else 'get over it', then when it happens to them they're real upset
That's the core concept of Mortal.
You play on patchday and you get a lot of shit for free.
You play on the next patch day and all your stuff is gone.
So you could say it's a balance in itself. :D

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Now you see the truth of the game. It didn't beleive it's so buggy until i played long enough to see the roaches scurrying around. Now i wonder if there is any customer protection in EU in regards to false advertisement.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
That's the core concept of Mortal.
You play on patchday and you get a lot of shit for free.
You play on the next patch day and all your stuff is gone.
So you could say it's a balance in itself. :D

think I had one pet duplicate itself once, bout all I've gotten for free though, probably lost about 10 pets from glitching out and not moving or fighting during combat, dying the second I logged back in, or just clipping through floors and getting stuck between objects