Looking for Crafting Material details.

DoomFlavored

Mar 30, 2021
The crafting system for Mortal Online 2 looks to be quite deep indeed, and as a new player I'm eager to get into it, but also not sure what materials I should go for as the game doesn't give me any sort of information or hints as to the differences between materials.
I have found Whitewood, Daplewood, and Greywood, and crafted a few bows, but I don't know which is better or anything.

From a couple of videos I've looked at, they talk about how every material is better or worse for some things and there's tons of combinations. That's wonderful, but I'd love to have some way of knowing which type of wood I should use for my intended purposes.
Maybe in the item description it should say something like "Most heavy, Better slashing resistance."

If anyone has information on what the crafting material properties are, I'd really appreciate it. Or perhaps there is a skill in the game I could pick up that would let me look at the details and know what to farm.

Conman2112

Mar 29, 2021
Ok this may be a stupid question or im just super new, what is considered a catalyst for crafting?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Discovery and knowledge is a lot of what this game is about.

Players spend lots of time experimenting with the different materials and testing them out.

Spread sheets are often used to organize findings.

Later in game more and more of this will become common knowledge. But players can often be resistant to hand out such info since it gives them an edge.

That said, much of the info for the first game could still apply here. So one could use that as a starting point for testing.

Reactions: User_name

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Ok this may be a stupid question or im just super new, what is considered a catalyst for crafting?

I will say that crushing an item does not get any benefits from adding additional materials. So it could be a good place for new players to start experimenting with extracting.

Conman2112

Mar 29, 2021
Ok right on dude, thanks. I never played MO1 or any other MMOs with as much detail in crafting so this is all a learning experience for me.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Note that there are some nice guides in the guide sections of these forums that could help.

Also you may be able to find old MO1 guides and such online that could help as well.

For example:

Reactions: Speznat

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
Dapplewood > Greywood > Whitewood

Dapplewood gives the heaviest, most range and has the highest STR requirement.

The part I am struggling with atm is knowing if anything I am crafting is any good.

I made a sword out of bone, leather and teeth, the damage numbers look way better than the sword you start with but has terrible durability.
But since I have only seen the stats on those two swords I have no idea if it was a good craft or I should have sold the mats and bought a sword from the vendor.

Something to learn over time I guess.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
the damage numbers look way better than the sword you start with but has terrible durability.
Going to happen until steel becomes widely available. Also, there are other woods like stonewood that may increase the durability along with steel. It just takes time to find out how far with Lores you are willing to go and to figure out what you'll need to trade for.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
The crafting system for Mortal Online 2 looks to be quite deep indeed, and as a new player I'm eager to get into it, but also not sure what materials I should go for as the game doesn't give me any sort of information or hints as to the differences between materials.
I have found Whitewood, Daplewood, and Greywood, and crafted a few bows, but I don't know which is better or anything.

From a couple of videos I've looked at, they talk about how every material is better or worse for some things and there's tons of combinations. That's wonderful, but I'd love to have some way of knowing which type of wood I should use for my intended purposes.
Maybe in the item description it should say something like "Most heavy, Better slashing resistance."

If anyone has information on what the crafting material properties are, I'd really appreciate it. Or perhaps there is a skill in the game I could pick up that would let me look at the details and know what to farm.

well, either you find old information online or you have to experiment yourself with different materials.

back in MO1 items didn't even have the stat numbers on it (which is a great help for new crafters), like damage per type (for weapons) or damage reduction per type (armor), or str requirements (for bows). in the past you had to test each material yourself on a compliant friend, acting as target and damage recorder :D

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
also take any recipes you read with a grain of salt. often times people are mistaken about the values or sv has changed the calculations. you *always* have to do your own testing to verify things

-barcode

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Dapplewood > Greywood > Whitewood

Dapplewood gives the heaviest, most range and has the highest STR requirement.

The part I am struggling with atm is knowing if anything I am crafting is any good.

I made a sword out of bone, leather and teeth, the damage numbers look way better than the sword you start with but has terrible durability.
But since I have only seen the stats on those two swords I have no idea if it was a good craft or I should have sold the mats and bought a sword from the vendor.

Something to learn over time I guess.

There is a hidden stat I've revealed through spreadsheet calculations. I call it "R/S" for "Range / Strength". Dapplewood gives some of the best range but it's on the low end of R/S. Among wood types only ironwood is worse. This makes spongewood (The best R/S base mat) good for the highest end bows that use good backing. Dapplewood is good for getting more range out of cheap backing like bone tissue.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
There is a hidden stat I've revealed through spreadsheet calculations. I call it "R/S" for "Range / Strength". Dapplewood gives some of the best range but it's on the low end of R/S. Only ironwood is worse. This makes spongewood (The best R/S base mat) good for the highest end bows that use good backing. Dapplewood is good for getting more range out of cheap backing like bone tissue.

this, although there is one wood which has a very good "R/S", meaning that it can pump more dmg for the same str requirement.

though once you get ot dense crepite all is surpassed :D

DoomFlavored

Mar 30, 2021
just skill up the lores and have fun trying out combinations by yourself, imho :)

Does upping the lores provide any information? Or just faster gathering?

Discovery and knowledge is a lot of what this game is about.

Players spend lots of time experimenting with the different materials and testing them out.

Spread sheets are often used to organize findings.

Later in game more and more of this will become common knowledge. But players can often be resistant to hand out such info since it gives them an edge.

That said, much of the info for the first game could still apply here. So one could use that as a starting point for testing.

I'm okay with the philosophy but I'd like to be able to have some way of my character discovering that information so I'm not just purely guessing with no way of knowing if I'm even at the correct starting line. Even if it was getting the information over time and slowly earning more accurate values.
Real craftsmen have ways of figuring out what materials are good for because they are physical things. They can feel them, test their limits, do experiments that don't involve crafting a full item out of it. We don't have this ability in the game because... well... It's a game. And we don't have full dive VR yet lol. We can't fondle this wood to know how dense and weighty it is compared to others.

Maybe something that could be added would be specific values discovered for certain types of crafting, that are ranges which narrow over time as you practice with the material more. After making a pair of pants with Pig's leather you could get a very not helpful value of like 1-10 durability, but after 100 pairs of pants you know that it's got a value of 3 durability. And it will probably have between 2-7 for shield padding.
This is of course not how the crafting system works, but I'm just tossing out a general concept that the devs could adapt to how this one actually is. Allow for discovery of the info outside of searching up on google.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021

No extra information that I have seen however you need the lore to be able to process or craft with an item.
The lore skill you have in the materials effects the quality of final crafting and the amount you receive when mining, creating or processing that material.

Reactions: Kuroi

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Most of the extracting and crafting stuff are pretty much a direct port from the first game, if you are wondering about anything and cant find it on these forums just go look on the forums of the first game.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
In crafting it does effect results.

I'm okay with the philosophy but I'd like to be able to have some way of my character discovering that information so I'm not just purely guessing with no way of knowing if I'm even at the correct starting line. Even if it was getting the information over time and slowly earning more accurate values.
Real craftsmen have ways of figuring out what materials are good for because they are physical things. They can feel them, test their limits, do experiments that don't involve crafting a full item out of it. We don't have this ability in the game because... well... It's a game. And we don't have full dive VR yet lol. We can't fondle this wood to know how dense and weighty it is compared to others.

All the items created have stats on them that you can compare with others. But trial and compare is how you can test things. Its not for everyone to do it for sure. But I will guarantee that many will put time in it to gain such knowledge over others.

Again, player knowledge (you are the character) is a big part of what this game is about. The cooking and alchemy systems will make your head spin if you start looking into those. But many in the first game took up the challenge to find better food and potions than others. Once discovered they often held the best info tight to their chest.

Maybe something that could be added would be specific values discovered for certain types of crafting, that are ranges which narrow over time as you practice with the material more. After making a pair of pants with Pig's leather you could get a very not helpful value of like 1-10 durability, but after 100 pairs of pants you know that it's got a value of 3 durability. And it will probably have between 2-7 for shield padding.
This is of course not how the crafting system works, but I'm just tossing out a general concept that the devs could adapt to how this one actually is. Allow for discovery of the info outside of searching up on google.

This is kind of how it worked in the first game. You got a bar that showed a range of what stats of the item would be based on you skills. Both the quality changed and the info you had on the item. This proved to be more confusing than helpful. And it also made it where the unskilled players could not easily tell the difference between items they was wanting to purchase. So now all the stats of items have a real number on them.

Maybe they still have plans to return to this system. But I am doubtful.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Read the book.

And then read children skill books to raise it more.

It works a little backwards when the skill gains are not as fast though. Then you can read the parent just enough to be able to read a child. And then read the children skills to get gains in both at the same time.