Looking for budget gaming laptop for MO2

D

Dracu

Budget gaminglaptop.... There is none tbh. Go big or go home xD But nah you need to spend around 1,5k mininum check the strix series or legion. Both very solid choices. Cheap gaming laptops suckkks cause they have cool gpu names but they cant use full power.

The more you look into it the more ready you will become to pay more. Started with looking at 1k laptops with gtx 3060... Turned out would have been the worst pudchase ever. Good that the store didnt have it on store.

Ended up with a strix scar, cause fuuuuck.you will say goodbye to you pc and cherish your gaminglaptop. That thing will last you a few years afterall.

tommywell08

Jan 4, 2023
Your advice appears to be working, but I'm still using a PC and want to switch, but I need to wait till I have a reliable budget. I play mediocre games to kill time because of this, just like a bad bunny. You will provide me with a suggestion when it is appropriate.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think I spent around $1200 on my PC in total in 2020 and it runs this game very well. But the method I used to build it is have my friends who like hardware debate over a list of part. Purchase said list of parts https://pcpartpicker.com once they agreed on something, and then had a local shop slap it all together for like $60. If you are a gamer, you have a group of friends like this whether you know it or not.

Mind you it doesn't run MO2 GREAT. It just runs it well, and generally anything else I want to run. I got the top score on the steam VR assessment thing for instance.

We'll probably be doing something similar for Dagasi with a $2000 budget after tax returns this season. It's really the way to go IMO.

I'd never do serious gaming on a laptop because you can't use a process like this to build one from scratch, and even if you could, you'd still need to raise your budget.

Last edited:

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for laptop that will handle MO2 on at least medium settings. My budget is +/- 1.000$. Anyone already tested and could recommend one?
I don't expect to play anything else so I'd like to get laptop that will be just enough for MO2 ;)
Gigabyte A5-X1 is absolutely nuts, make sure its the 5900HX 3070. this is my #1 recommendation.

Gigabyte P57X is equally as nuts (for its time) make sure its the 1070 , v6/v7 is fine. Just don't get the P57W or older P57X with 970s.

Look for refurbished units on newegg or amazon or ebay. Refurbished with warranty first, refurbished second and lastly look for them used on ebay with ebays great return policy you can open it up and if ANYTHING is different ebay immediately refunds you your money and you're out time, great for buying used.

i just seen an open box a5 x1 used on ebay sell for 1199.
and P57x for like 400-500 used on ebay, which is insane if they are in perfect working condition.

Edit: i've personally recommended 4 of these laptops and all of them delivered to me and i inspected/benched them and set them up. and the people i recommended them too absolutely love them and they are insane. Enjoy, i hope you find a nice used one that treats you well