Look MO2 you have to seriously listen looking at the numbers...

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
As I have been telling you this game has problems in the mass market sense, massive problems. There is a way for you to pull out of the nose dive laucnh is alluding to you being in, but you and the niche small economically irrelevant voices you have been listening to will not like it.

Mandatory
A - Your going to have to make PVP optional.
B - Bring in a duelling option.

Important to consider and would be massively beneficial to you.
C - Get rid of skill book training time - buy the book click it and its done.
D - Get rid of attribute training time - you make a char all attributes when you enter the game are maxed and in correlation with how you created your char.

Optional but strongly recommended.
E - Ideally there would be two factions that players can join, 3 cities are of one faction - 3 cities are of the other faction, auto spawn in a faction city according to your own faction choice. Possibility for battlegrounds.
F - Bring in random group formulation function with private group chat.
G - Recipe drops in alchemy and cooking (cook book and maybe alchemy book that recipes automatically get added to) that give attribute buffs. you could also have woodworking recipe drops for furniture etc.
H - At least SOME instanced dungeons with max group size restrictions - this allows you to make a dungeon that is challenging and fun.

As Kipling said,
'Dream but dont let dreams become your master..' To dream of making a good game does not mean the dream IS a good game.

Good Luck

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Some of these suggestions will never happen because the community is specifically here for Open World Full Loot PvP. Like 95% of the people who have backed this game all along will immediately pull out if this game becomes a consensual-only PvP game with factions.

As I've stated in other topics recently if this game wants to pull inspiration from a successful MMO it can get ideas from EVE Online that won't alienate it's core audience and core design principles. It can't go with something like WoW or New World at this point. Beyond my personal feelings the market is already saturated with such titles, it's core audience absolutely does not want that. Switching game models and alienating its core at this point is suicide for this game. If people want WoW with action combat it would be better to develop an entirely new game.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Mandatory

C - [REDUCE] skill book training time -
D - [REDUCE] attribute training time - you make a char all attributes when you enter the game are maxed and in correlation with how you created your char.

I was hoping those 20k people were gonna pvp me, but they never did. :/ Anyway, being in the GY with a bunch of assholes hitting the same zombie and diving for the loot bag makes me wish I was full spec, or wish for pvp so that those people will get driven out and I will survive :D

That aside, I agree with the things I listed.

And there should be a REAL DUEL, like there should be friendly and real duel, so you can challenge someone to a fight to the death where you can loot them if they are pissing you off.

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
As I have been telling you this game has problems in the mass market sense, massive problems. There is a way for you to pull out of the nose dive laucnh is alluding to you being in, but you and the niche small economically irrelevant voices you have been listening to will not like it.

Mandatory

D - Get rid of attribute training time - you make a char all attributes when you enter the game are maxed and in correlation with how you created your char.

E - Ideally there would be two factions that players can join, 3 cities are of one faction - 3 cities are of the other faction, auto spawn in a faction city according to your own faction choice. Possibility for battlegrounds.
G - Recipe drops in alchemy and cooking (cook book and maybe alchemy book that recipes automatically get added to) that give attribute buffs. you could also have woodworking recipe drops for furniture etc.
H - At least SOME instanced dungeons with max group size restrictions - this allows you to make a dungeon that is challenging and fun.

As Kipling said,
'Dream but dont let dreams become your master..' To dream of making a good game does not mean the dream IS a good game.

Good Luck
Not needed or wanted. This is a full loot pvp game which means once you leave haven you consent to pvp. No safe zones, no options. Dueling function is not needed since pvp can take place anywhere at anytime. This is not some theme park clone of world of warcrap or New World. Mo2 is not a game you finish in a single weekend. Crafting and skilling up will take weeks, Players are expected to explore and talk to ALL npc vendors. This map is huge and so are some of the cities, there is much planed and the development will take years. This game is not for everyone and is unforgiving to the lazy and those who do not pay attention to what and who is around them.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dueling function is not needed since pvp can take place anywhere at anytime.

I assume most people here played MO1, right? Dueling is of course needed for so many reasons. The only question is whether you can loot the person after, or like it was before, it was just a fight between two people who both kept blue bags.

So it doesn't seem like I'm making shit up, people need duel for practice, good players like to duel each other, too. People like to watch, it brings content. Dueling is a HUGE missing aspect of the game right now. The only exploit of it was that you could use it to skill up... multi boxing and blocking while a char attacks another w/ pigs <3 best att gain.

Aynthe

Mar 22, 2021
I disagree with all your points from A all the way to H. There are plenty of games out there currently that satisfy your A to H needs.

housemaster

Jan 26, 2022

Mandatory

As Kipling said,

Good Luck

Phew, I'm glad that one of the last hardcore MMOs hopefuly won't become a victim of the pathological mass market. Why do people like you want to destroy every niche that exists? Ever thought that just maybe the developers have a vision that has nothing to do with mindless money-making?

Reactions: Melhisedek

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I disagree with all your points from A all the way to H. There are plenty of games out there currently that satisfy your A to H needs.

YOU DON'T WANT A DUEL OPTION IN THE GAME??????????????????????

I assume you just said that to explicitly reject the post and probably didn't even read it closely. Can someone explain why they think dueling is not necessary? Why was it in the MORE HARDCORE MO1, then?

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
I'm not interested in PVP, but implementing ideas from this topic would kill the game immediately. If someone is looking for other solutions, I suggest looking at other sandboxes, i.e. ultima online and eve online.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
OP basically your asking to play a different game. Your opinion, like, and dislikes aren't facts they're just your opinion, likes, and dislikes. Rather than screech that the game will fail because you don't like it just go play a game you do like very simple.

Reactions: Moored

nazgo

May 29, 2020
but the game never aimed for mass markets? what they want is stable market from a niche segment, that segment being people who enjoy the mmos of old

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

Mandatory

As Kipling said,

Good Luck

Manadatory:

A - No.
B - Yes.

Important:
C - No.
D - No.

Strongly Recommend:
E - Eh. We'll see.
F - No.
G - Not sure I understand.
H - NO.

A lot of this stuff currently goes against the games differentiating qualities that you don't find in other games.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
As I have been telling you this game has problems in the mass market sense, massive problems.

Your first sentence pretty much points out the issue. This game is not targeting the masses.

You simply are looking for a game that this one is not.

The only thing I can see that could possibly fit is the duel option.

The first game had such an option so I do not think it is going to far to expect to see it again.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Mandatory
A - maybe if you are naked ? but meh no , you have ghost for that

B - in mo1 there was one , shoud be implemented someday

C - fk no , new account could be endgame viable in minutes -_-

D - no way , it doesn't even take that long lol

E - don't see what it would bring ...

F - what ?

G - well ,; this one i'll say why not but some ppl love the hardcore excel sheet for alchemy xd

H - why not ? if loot is heavyly reduced , i say why not

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
Are people also getting into WoW forums and demand to make it full loot PvP?

Or is that just a one sided thing?

• Haha
Reactions: Raknor