Long freezes and delayed loading of textures and NPCs

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I'm playing on a machine with 32 GB Ram and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, game installed on a SSD. The network connection is 1-GBit-cable in-house with 1-Gbit-fiber internet.

Since the UE5 patch I'm observing long freezes of the game. The CPU load is falling down from about 60% to <10%, same for GPU load. Those freezes are often taking 10 seconds or longer, but I just observed a 60 seconds freeze in the city center of Meduli.

Second, the floor of two buildings in Tindrem is sometimes loaded with a delay of ten seconds or longer: The task NPC building and the bank. I have been falling through the ground twice when riding into those buildings and got teleported back into the building after some seconds automatically.

Third observation yesterday at the Bandit camp / Belbus spawn south-east of Tindrem: I got attacked by "unknown" = Belbus and had to wait for a minute until the Belbus has been rendered.

Added observation number four: Opening the bank or broker or a vendor or the pet window sometimes causes a freeze, too.

1701591316314.png

1701591400110.png

Last edited:

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I have a worse computer and network connection than you but I have almost the same problems : 6 sec freeze, delay floor in Tindrem bank, etc.

Monco

May 28, 2020
Same issues here. Although my PC is a little bit worse than yours I also have the game installed on a SSD. They really broke the game with UE5, I've heard so many players having these type of issues.

Drago

May 30, 2020
"I (still) have the same problems. There are sudden FPS drops to 10, regardless of the landscape. This results in freezing or lag. It happens more frequently in cities, but suddenly occurs in the jungle near a tower as well, even though the game used to run smoothly there. This wasn't the case before the patch. It's just not enjoyable like this.

Reactions: Xunila

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Happens all over the place to be honest, but yea even worse in cities. Strongholds and houses dont load until you are almost inside of them. Animals dont de-aggro. Micro stutter very often when fighting other players. Long freezes at random. You can almost guarantee that every fight there is at least 1 or 2 people that die from getting disconnected…..Its a total shit show, and so far all they’ve come up with is “reboot the server every 6 hours”. Very disheartening.

Reactions: Xunila and Drago

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
Personally I am waiting a bit for the patch to be ironed-out before logging in. I am hearing mixed opinions on the patch. A few friends seem to be loving it with little to no problems, while others are having a similar time as described in this thread. Those with newer hardware seem to be fairing the best.