Long Bow

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
I often see long bows in the auction house where you need 137 str. Is it not rare that characters have such high strength values? I mean if I want to make and sell a lot of longbows, I can't build bows that require 137 str. isn't that way too high? Or in other words, how strong can a character be who wants to use a longbow? Or asked another way, what STR values would you set when building a bow? I always build between 107 and 115 STR. What do you think?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I often see long bows in the auction house where you need 137 str. Is it not rare that characters have such high strength values? I mean if I want to make and sell a lot of longbows, I can't build bows that require 137 str. isn't that way too high? Or in other words, how strong can a character be who wants to use a longbow? Or asked another way, what STR values would you set when building a bow? I always build between 107 and 115 STR. What do you think?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Thursar-Kallard using the clade gift to get +20 strength.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
does they sell tho?

Like all bows it depends on the current events and market demand. In areas with high amounts of PVP and Thursar-Kallard populations yes. But in most places no. Most archers are either Oghmir or Alvarin. A few remaining Thur-Kal are out there but not hugely popular.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
but i still have not received an answer to my original question. How much STR can a char have? To me it is important to build appropriate bows.
I feel ya OP, the game seems like it was designed mostly for solo-crafting your own stuff or individual crafting by crafters for specific people otherwise they wouldn't implement such a retarded system where dmg is directly tied to strength caps, requiring you to know the strength cap of most popular builds so that you can sell stuff.

I'd suggest you spend an hour sifting through the horrible market UI and note down the most popular str requirements you see listed. The ones to look out for are 110, 115, 121, etc...

Alternatively just produce d crepite/d crepite shortbows, the str req maxes out around 80ish.

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
I feel ya OP, the game seems like it was designed mostly for solo-crafting your own stuff or individual crafting by crafters for specific people otherwise they wouldn't implement such a retarded system where dmg is directly tied to strength caps, requiring you to know the strength cap of most popular builds so that you can sell stuff.

I'd suggest you spend an hour sifting through the horrible market UI and note down the most popular str requirements you see listed. The ones to look out for are 110, 115, 121, etc...

Alternatively just produce d crepite/d crepite shortbows, the str req maxes out around 80ish.
okay thanks, I think I can work with that.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
okay thanks, I think I can work with that.
I don't disagree with that guy but I more so thinks it's just more difficult to craft bows and armor specifically for players. Bows have to be at that individuals STR and armor has to be under that individuals armor weight. These just have to be tailored to the player is all