Logout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotrigger

Nov 30, 2020
This is by far one of the best changes. Adds a possible risk reward to logging out in the wilderness as opposed to the safety of a inn or bank, while also giving the middle finger to client crashing shitters.

Good stuff SV.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Did I miss an update to this? I see this thread fading into the background, (last post 11/26) and this is kind of a big deal.

Its not in the game yet and there has been no more input by SV on the subject. So its really all just speculation at this point.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
It's just my opinion, but I'd say SV did a good job identifying problems that needed to be solved, but I don't know if this is the best solution to them. This system will not only punish anyone out in the wild that has to so much as answer the door, or deal with a screaming kid, or even go to the bathroom, but also will make every single person who logs out spend the rest of their time until they log back in, wondering if they've lost everything, helpless to stop it or even know it happened. And oft times, with possible bad things, the not knowing can be the worst part. I'm not sure how much people are going to want to pay subscriptions to be stressed out like that in their RL day. Good job on getting rid of even more exploits SV, thank you for that, but perhaps this particular solution could use a little polishing.

Reactions: ulfy and Rorry
Status
Not open for further replies.