List the game at 19.99 on Steam

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
as Early Access/Persistent beta with an eventual sub, but b2p for the foreseeable future.

W.

PS: Then start trying to make the game good.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bump! the diff between 19.99 and 24/27 is yuge in terms of trigger buying. I think 19.99 is a buy now think later price.

D

Dracu

Remove the future subs aswell and sell expansions/dlc

Not cosmetic or convinience, just stuff thats actually worth something... Content.
The sub for content doesnt seem to suffice cause no content to begin with atm

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Remove the future subs aswell and sell expansions/dlc

Not cosmetic or convinience, just stuff thats actually worth something... Content.
The sub for content doesnt seem to suffice cause no content to begin with atm

Yeah, I'm trying to think of how to work that out in my head. Esp since they are releasing all of their 'good content' now, or things that people might pay into later like Magic schools etc. I dunno what the separation of content would be, but I do think people w/ and w/o expansions could play together easily, prol without even a disadvantage if they ran the right build.

Why $20? Is that so less people refund when they hate the game?

That's the standard bargain bin price, any lower and it's kind of sad. The idea is to get more people. I think SV should be honest and call for people and explain that they fucked up and such. They haven't really come out with a plan on how they are gonna get back on track, either, but just putting the game up for a 'sale price' that isn't much less than the sales they have, but sends a clear message 'try me.' It's the most aggressive sensible price IMO and means a lot more than 24, 27.

D

Dracu

Yeah, I'm trying to think of how to work that out in my head. Esp since they are releasing all of their 'good content' now, or things that people might pay into later like Magic schools etc. I dunno what the separation of content would be, but I do think people w/ and w/o expansions could play together easily, prol without even a disadvantage if they ran the right build.

That's the standard bargain bin price, any lower and it's kind of sad. The idea is to get more people. I think SV should be honest and call for people and explain that they fucked up and such. They haven't really come out with a plan on how they are gonna get back on track, either, but just putting the game up for a 'sale price' that isn't much less than the sales they have, but sends a clear message 'try me.' It's the most aggressive sensible price IMO and means a lot more than 24, 27.
Expansions like:
New Areas, new classes, new races, new armor/weapon types, dungeons, gamemodes

An Expansion could be:
1 New race
1 new magic school
1 new weapon type
1 new Armor type
1 new Area
A questline
New dungeons in that area
Alternate gamemodes which can be played only there

new weapon and armor require special secondary skill to craft and use them which can be obtained in the new area only (not learnable by book)

There so much room to be creative with, beeing able to add completly different spins to new areas and how they are played without having to touch the original myrland and destroying the gameplay there even further.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Games already on sale and isnt selling. Price doesnt matter when the gameplay is bad. And technically, more people buying the game, deciding this sucks, and leaving a negative review (and prob refunding if it hasn't been 2 hours), will just make the reviews go down more making less people want to buy.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Make this game f2p since exacly as MO1 It's not worth the sub. At least right now we are not being charged for the piece of poop the game Is.

I really dislike when players get "imaginative" with how SV should sell us the garbage they make, like if they need economic incentive to deliver just one thing well made.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Expansions like:
New Areas, new classes, new races, new armor/weapon types, dungeons, gamemodes

An Expansion could be:
1 New race
1 new magic school
1 new weapon type
1 new Armor type
1 new Area
A questline
New dungeons in that area
Alternate gamemodes which can be played only there

new weapon and armor require special secondary skill to craft and use them which can be obtained in the new area only (not learnable by book)

There so much room to be creative with, beeing able to add completly different spins to new areas and how they are played without having to touch the original myrland and destroying the gameplay there even further.

yeah, like I said, it would be cool cuz it could mix everyone together more or less like some other expansion based games did (like Guild Wars 1.) I'm not opposed. I'm not opposed to sub, either, if the game is good lol... mainly tho, imo, they need to get people and give them something. They need to be honest. Donald Trump style of talking isn't always the best. If things are fucky, it's OK to admit they are fucky, and lay out steps to fix them. SV is kindasorta doing this, but not really. I mean, can we get an apology, can we get a commitment? But yea I do think 19.99 would sell some copies, as for what hapens after, yea re: jatix, it's a risk, but I don't think it would necessarily turn out like you think FOR SURE.

Games already on sale and isnt selling. Price doesnt matter when the gameplay is bad. And technically, more people buying the game, deciding this sucks, and leaving a negative review (and prob refunding if it hasn't been 2 hours), will just make the reviews go down more making less people want to buy.

It was on sale for cheaper. The game is prol not worth 40 box + sub. I bought it cuz it was 40 box sub included. Now they seem to be pricing it at box price w/ o sub included. I'm just saying a few dollars would go a long way. I do think the game has problems, and it could melt down again server wise, but they need at least a small influx of people.

w/ an explanation of what they are doing and how it's going to fit into their plans to turn this into a healthy MMO.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Exacly theres no point on going for sale if the game Is the same poop and everyone quit because of it. It's kinda wishy thinking they are going to retain anyone.

yeah, like I said, it would be cool cuz it could mix everyone together more or less like some other expansion based games did (like Guild Wars 1.) I'm not opposed. I'm not opposed to sub, either, if the game is good lol... mainly tho, imo, they need to get people and give them something. They need to be honest. Donald Trump style of talking isn't always the best. If things are fucky, it's OK to admit they are fucky, and lay out steps to fix them. SV is kindasorta doing this, but not really. I mean, can we get an apology, can we get a commitment? But yea I do think 19.99 would sell some copies, as for what hapens after, yea re: jatix, it's a risk, but I don't think it would necessarily turn out like you think FOR SURE.

It was on sale for cheaper. The game is prol not worth 40 box + sub. I bought it cuz it was 40 box sub included. Now they seem to be pricing it at box price w/ o sub included. I'm just saying a few dollars would go a long way. I do think the game has problems, and it could melt down again server wise, but they need at least a small influx of people.

w/ an explanation of what they are doing and how it's going to fit into their plans to turn this into a healthy MMO.
Theres absolutly no point on trying to bring people to the game on the state it Is. Any smart person could see those tools such as re-launchs or cheaper sales are ment to boost after development. Not addressing the problematics before sales Is wasting that resource.
Unless you just don't care and risk that player will refund and unistall after findding the game Is shite.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Exacly theres no point on going for sale if the game Is the same poop and everyone quit because of it. It's kinda wishy thinking they are going to retain anyone.

Theres absolutly no point on trying to bring people to the game on the state it Is. Any smart person could see those tools such as re-launchs or cheaper sales are ment to boost after development. Not addressing the problematics before sales Is wasting that resource.
Unless you just don't care and risk that player will refund and unistall after findding the game Is shite.

there are people who are gonna come in w/ stars in their eyes as always. On steam there are sooo many dogshit 19.99 games. haha. You're right some people might log in and be like NAH or refund or w/e, but I do think it would get more people. But it has to be done w/ intent to grow the game. More people drive the game but they need tools. A larger problem IMO w/ new audiences is MO2 is advertising features from MO1 (late game, as I've said,) but they don't have any emotional attachment for new players. It's like necromancy hmm ok. When if they just focused on giving more people more tools to take action, things would work out, but yea I mean they could prol get 100 starry eye'd people off that.

But you're right SV has to step up, too. The idea would be to get the people as the game gets better and have them work thru the hard part (so they don't leave when they realize the core flaws, bugs etc,) but I also kinda think they should kick everyone out of the keeps they are using if they aren't active lol.

I dunno, man, people have different reactions to different situations, and I can say with high certainty, if MO2 was my game... I'm not taking a L this early. People deal w/ failure differently, tho, but my best bet is just get the game into the hands of people who wanna play. Even if they are all LARP kids or w/e. Then give them stuff to do.

Basically we're at a crossroads where I think the game can be boosted A LITTLE. I don't think it can be DOA like that. I think it's DOA as is, but 50% sale, that goes into a whole diff category. Steam sorts stuff in diff ways. It's POSSIBLE but yea it doesn't help that people in the comments are like WORST GAM EVER. When, to be fair... def not true, but to also be fair, it's a joke of a game.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
there are people who are gonna come in w/ stars in their eyes as always. On steam there are sooo many dogshit 19.99 games. haha. You're right some people might log in and be like NAH or refund or w/e, but I do think it would get more people. But it has to be done w/ intent to grow the game. More people drive the game but they need tools. A larger problem IMO w/ new audiences is MO2 is advertising features from MO1 (late game, as I've said,) but they don't have any emotional attachment for new players. It's like necromancy hmm ok. When if they just focused on giving more people more tools to take action, things would work out, but yea I mean they could prol get 100 starry eye'd people off that.

But you're right SV has to step up, too. The idea would be to get the people as the game gets better and have them work thru the hard part (so they don't leave when they realize the core flaws, bugs etc,) but I also kinda think they should kick everyone out of the keeps they are using if they aren't active lol.

I dunno, man, people have different reactions to different situations, and I can say with high certainty, if MO2 was my game... I'm not taking a L this early. People deal w/ failure differently, tho, but my best bet is just get the game into the hands of people who wanna play. Even if they are all LARP kids or w/e. Then give them stuff to do.

Basically we're at a crossroads where I think the game can be boosted A LITTLE. I don't think it can be DOA like that. I think it's DOA as is, but 50% sale, that goes into a whole diff category. Steam sorts stuff in diff ways. It's POSSIBLE but yea it doesn't help that people in the comments are like WORST GAM EVER. When, to be fair... def not true, but to also be fair, it's a joke of a game.

Theres 2 perspectives that have to be taken in consideration. The player perspective that we all know maybe some people would be willing to buy extra accounts if theres a sale, nobody Is arguing that.
But then theres the game company-development perspective, making a sale just because in any random moment without capitalizing that tool would be a mistake. Now if you tell me the day necro comes out they gonna start a sale, well that would make more sense, because as a whole package of things that would probably translate to a higher player influx.
But if nothing changed and It's the same i don't see how making a sale would benefit them at all compared to a minimum planning.

Me as a player consider they shouldn't even sell copies of this game, make it free to play till the day they actually fix it. I think It's a robbery anyone has to pay for this product and i hope no more poor fucks buy this game under It's fallacious and unfullfilled promises.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Theres 2 perspectives that have to be taken in consideration. The player perspective that we all know maybe some people would be willing to buy extra accounts if theres a sale, nobody Is arguing that.
But then theres the game company-development perspective, making a sale just because in any random moment without capitalizing that tool would be a mistake. Now if you tell me the day necro comes out they gonna start a sale, well that would make more sense, because as a whole package of things that would probably translate to a higher player influx.
But if nothing changed and It's the same i don't see how making a sale would benefit them at all compared to a minimum planning.

Me as a player consider they shouldn't even sell copies of this game, make it free to play till the day they actually fix it. I think It's a robbery anyone has to pay for this product and i hope no more poor fucks buy this game under It's fallacious and unfullfilled promises.

I'm just sayin... I mean it's been on sale. I just think the price point is a bit off. I also think they need to redo their steam page and rewrite things. Nothing wrong w/ the gifs or w/e but the text is not right.

Text under game:

A persistent sandbox world. No classes or levels. Train the skills you want for your own unique build. Player-driven trade, economy, and housing. Millions of crafting combinations. First-person immersive combat. Exploration. Bosses. Full loot, full PvP. The world of Nave is yours - who will you be?

Not good enough!

Subscription
The base game of Mortal Online 2 comes with one month of game time included, after which players will need to maintain an active monthly subscription to continue playing the game. We have not activated subscriptions to the game during early release, play the game without subscription during early release.

No mention of when sub is coming. No mention of why not sub. Would be easier to explain more thoroughly.

I don't think the writing style is bad, but it's just not really saying anything.

___

Many beings exist to be discovered, powered by a dynamic system allowing them to not always be found in the same spot. Encounter skittish deer-like springboks to gargantuan trolls that can throw fully-armored soldiers like toys.

^^ that's misleading, almost like a troll would dynamic spawn. I dunno... I'm just saying fuck da doom and gloom, the best you can do really is present it right for the right price. Doesn't make the game any better, but the game IS better w/ more people imo.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Henrik and the board are probably browsing this forum for Financial and Business advice, Keep it coming this is good stuff

haha yea y'know, strange things happen in the feedback and suggestions forums. Like I told you last time, you should take my knowledge from da forum to discord. We can work as a team. It can be MY ideas and YOUR charisma, and I think we can each take half of the credit.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
THIS is the moment for 19.99. Along w/ a written statement that their next phase is working on POLISH and POPULATING the world with NPCs AND PCs (thus the reduced price.)

put that on the board @Vaith

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bump @Henrik Nyström for real, try 1 week if you don't believe. If you DO believe in your game, get people in. We at least aren't totally nopop. I think the words written about the sub are pretty good, too; they do well to imply that the sub will probably not be coming soon.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bump, I went ahead and bought another acct for 40 a few days ago so SV could actually do a sale again. They did it again! 19.99. 26 v 19.99 is... ever seen an infomercial?

But really, the game is growing alil, and I think this will bring more people (cuz the world is becoming more active.) However, 19.99 would have been influx. SRS.