Light armor useless?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If it's an Aussie coming at you, you'd better turn to run when they are more than 20 yards away.

• Haha
Reactions: LordMega

Rdizz

Dec 31, 2021
Well this all seems broken to me tbh. If it is Ping then to what end....? Is my character "gimped" because i am in NA? Really makes me rethink rolling this class. Seems i am at a disadvantage vs EU players in a full pvp game. Any other class config suggestions?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Well this all seems broken to me tbh. If it is Ping then to what end....? Is my character "gimped" because i am in NA? Really makes me rethink rolling this class. Seems i am at a disadvantage vs EU players in a full pvp game. Any other class config suggestions?
If i'm not mistaken it's not that they run faster than you because you have bad ping, but more like they're closer to you than you think they are. If you stand still and they are running towards you they'll get into mellee range before it's actually noticable on your screen. You just need to get used to it and learn to approximate the real distance between you and your opponent.

It's also a lot less noticable when the situation is reversed - you run towards or away them and they stand still.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
NA ping really isnt that bad, your fine. You couldnt just run and get away while getting hit even if you were EU. You need to have a gap when you start running. If they are point blank you need to parry and walk backwards so they stam or you get any gap between you and then run.

SegaPhoenix

Dec 14, 2021
Speed is a skill based stat, great if you have the knowledge and skill to take advantage of it, a liability if you don't.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Yeah I've been playing Full Veela from September, and ive notice that exact statement. Its not fast enought to escape when they are right on you, but if you start running like 10m away from them they cant get you, unless they are also Veela, Having experienced that it might actually make me choose human at launch. But who knows.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Like many have said, the difference between 95 and 121 dex is not enough to save you if they are with in hitting distance already. Even with alvarian clades.

you have to either run when you see them coming( they are still far away), or learn to block. If you turn and run when they are on top of you they will get at least 2 or 3 hits at your back. That will take more than half your HP down( vheelas have low hp) and then your stam will drain faster, which makes it impossible to prolong the chase.

simply put, when they are on top of you its almost always too late to run away. If terrain is very rough, and there are lots of things to jump on, then you might be able to get away with the alvarian jumping in combat mode claide. Otherwise running is futile.

Most decent fighters have a bow anyways, and even if you manage to put some distance youll get bowed down.