Life is Feudal MMO announces imminent closure, cites ‘reasons beyond [its] control’

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
http://sandboxer.org/life-is-feudal-mmo-announces-imminent-closure-cites-reasons-beyond-its-control/ hmmm, well the game had a great gathering system honestly be awesome if MO2 had a sys like that. It made sense too, resources didn't auto refill, chop down a tree, replant it to have more to gather later, what you mined disappeared from the world, etc. You could change the landscape by digging also. Just those sound awesome for MO2 if the devs could figure out how to implement them. Also I can see how some could use this to rion the whole game for others.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
it means the company failed and ran out of money. prob some chinese firm tried to outbuy them and dev didn't want to

ps: the digging feature was not really a good idea i think

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
Beta is beta. I'm always for players being able to make a mark on the land and resources spawning in a few different locations.
Currently it looks like that might not be happening and we'll have a similar system to MO1 where resources simply 'deplete'.

I think it would be neat to see trees turn into stumps when they are depleted. Then have the stump disappear after a time an turn into a small tree that grows based on the resources it has.

If digging actually changes the surface of the ground, they would have to recode ALOT of the current map. I'm not sure that's feasible. Plus, this is an MMO on one shard/server. The game has to calculate someone digging a hole. Now add 100 other players digging a hole at different locations and you have a very slow experience. Games with digging have to be built around that function (Minecraft, Space Engineers, Deep Rock Galactic, ETC), since it eats a lot of data.

It's too bad too. I think it would be fun to dig a hole under a wall in a siege to make it crumble. But that's a LOT of coding and there are other things that would make this game great.
Medieval warfare Siege tunnel.gif

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The wife really liked that game but they pretty much chased her off by continuously changing server rules and pushing her off to other servers. Just to have changes again soon after and pushed to another again.

There is only so much of that kind of stuff a player is going to take.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
terrible game, terrible devs, riddled with cheaters, and the IB system was the biggiest piece of shit idea I've ever seen.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
so good that they died the p2w death. lif early alpha had one of the best gaming experiences i ever had before they added guild stones in a big care bear patch after that you couldnt interact with object from other players so it was a single player- single guild experience with some bad pvp encounter after that...
short story from the pre alpha:
1. i found a few rare flax seeds 🌱
2. terraformed (flattened with a shovel) a huge acre in front of my house and chicken garden which also produced fertilizer
3. flax was ripe over one day irl and i could harvest every day more and more by hand, flax seeds and flax fibres
4. the soil was sandy and i had to expand the acre every for good yields, the fertilizer i produced was not enough
5. one day a thief had visited the farm...
6. after 1 week i had enough for 2 linen robes

Reactions: Goltarion and Rhias

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
LiF is a good example for SV(or literally any studio) of what not to do, granted Bobik still stands to recoup some of the losses by selling the IP and the just recently released Chinese version of the game is still going strong.
This is the one biggest decision that Bobik did to set up the failure of LiF:

First sign of technical difficulties on the server, netcode and database side of things that would require significant dev time and knowledge to fix;
Fire all developers and run the game on a skeleton crew(just bobik and his nephew) and pray that the amount of players that stick around can keep you afloat while buying outsourced tiny things like remodels for weapons, armor etc to try and get cash flowing every now and then.

I know for a fact Mortal online 1 was gliding towards becoming a tiny dev project with a skeleton crew and actually was for a while but Henrik the absolute madlad pulled it around with help of some new blood and interns and actually managed to squeeze in some nice new additions at the end of MO1s life. Additions that he should feel good are things they now much easier bring to MO2 that add significant enjoyment and staying power to MO2. Biggest and most easily mentioned, the VOIP system as well as our now smexified replaced node system.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
The wife really liked that game but they pretty much chased her off by continuously changing server rules and pushing her off to other servers. Just to have changes again soon after and pushed to another again.

There is only so much of that kind of stuff a player is going to take.

exactly the same here, my wife loved it too, also most things required you end up in a larger village or guild of sorts.
the terraforming was pretty intuitive too
couldn't totally get in to it though

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
exactly the same here, my wife loved it too, also most things required you end up in a larger village or guild of sorts.
the terraforming was pretty intuitive too
couldn't totally get in to it though
You knew it was going nowhere when their answer to any data issues was WIPE SERVER.

Reactions: Vagrant

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
You knew it was going nowhere when their answer to any data issues was WIPE SERVER.
That game sounds awful for server wipes, didn't you need to grind basically every skill for months and that's with the most expensive food.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
That game sounds awful for server wipes, didn't you need to grind basically every skill for months and that's with the most expensive food.
They never wiped skills which was the only saving grace between server wipes. But putting MONTHS into just reshaping the land and building your castle, walls and other infrastructures just to be forced to do it all over again was TERRIBLE.

Reactions: Vagrant

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
why did you mention this corpse in this forum? I played it for over 3k hours and I can say that the concept of the game is good and the implementation is crap. This is an example of how to create a good idea, not implement it and lose a large part of the player community.

Bobby sold the game to the Chinese, they set the conditions that the game is released only in China, and since the game in Europe, America no longer brought any income, he made a bet on China (which is probably right for a business), thereby inventing some kind of ridiculous story about some kind of mythical company = ) he just threw American and European players and waved his pen at them.

Reactions: bbihah