Let's Play Youtuber giving MO some nice publicity

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I thought he did a shit job showcasing the core features. KiraTVs video was much better and more balanced.

If you talk about MO without mentioning full loot and open PvP you are doing a disservice to your fans. But then he would have had the answer why no one is talking about MO2 - because it´s a niche game with niche features.

huckbuck

Nov 8, 2020
I thought he did a shit job showcasing the core features. KiraTVs video was much better and more balanced.

If you talk about MO without mentioning full loot and open PvP you are doing a disservice to your fans. But then he would have had the answer why no one is talking about MO2 - because it´s a niche game with niche features.

That one is more informative sure, but this one is a more enticing watch imo. Granted: people may well see this and have the wrong expectations - like Skyrim MMO with restricted PVP, universal banks, no full loot, 3rd person option and fast-travel.

But as I said, this could potentially generate a lot of interest - and people who do get interested can read up on the details elsewhere .. or face the hardcore reality during the stress test.

Rulant

May 30, 2020

full loot and pvp is a lot less niche than it was when mo1 released so it will be less of a bump in getting players to initially try it

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It's great to see a Youtuber with a huge following covering MO2, though if the game is not ready for prime time on stress test day, it will backfire on SV in a big way as thousands of newcomers, who may be far less forgiving than we old-timers are, take to Steam to down vote and negatively review it.

Everything has to be working properly and to a high degree of quality, any bugs and crashes must be reduced to a minimum or none at all. This isn't the Daggerfall days when fans put up with extensive crashes and bugs that took ages to fix.

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
Problem is we should of had the weekend to test the new patch. No one has tested the overall mounted combat (archery and magic included). More AI is supposed to be added along with a decent amount of new content. SV should have gave us the weekend to test this patch then they need to crank out the fixes. This puts them on a huge time constraint with the stress test being so close. This could strongly jade the opinions of these well known streamers and new players coming to the game.

As veterans of MO1 most of us know what to expect. It seems now MO2 has more eyes on it. This is optimistic news but there are gonna be a lot of subjective views based on the stress test that will ultimately determine the initial success of MO2.

Last edited:

huckbuck

Nov 8, 2020
Wow, I luv me some Asmond and I missed his coverage of MO2, guess I need to turn alerts for him on =/

He posted it on YT, here:

In general both he and his audience seem really impressed, though sceptical about the combat and first person. It seems a floodwave is building for the stress test, I really hope SV is up for it..

As long as
1. The server / network code performance isn't a complete disaster (ppl will tolerate quite a lot on this front in a stress test)
2. The coming patch does not introduce a ton of bugs / break things (scary)

.. I think this will be good for the game.