Let players change Myrland instances BEFORE logging in

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I seriously think SV will make it so you have to login to change to the mirror Myrland, which is so out of touch, but please either automatically switch 50% of players to the mirrorland and they can swap back if they want or add a way to change it without logging in first. Or else when you actually add it no one will be able to login to switch. And we would be depending on the players who actually login to switch on their own accord and not just stay in the main world and afk

Reactions: Calcal

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
not to mention you'd have to go through one queue and then immediately go into another queue lol on switching

Zalgorn

Apr 29, 2021
logically i would assume it will automatically route you to whichever has capacity and then afterwards if you want to switch you have the means to do so.

I seriously think SV will make it so you have to login to change to the mirror Myrland, which is so out of touch, but please either automatically switch 50% of players to the mirrorland and they can swap back if they want or add a way to change it without logging in first.
Bad idea. When implementing things like this, first ask yourself: "How can I use this to my advantage?"

Some examples:
  • Log out at a chest, loot, relog, switch instance, new chest.
  • Log out near a useful mob spawn, clear it out, switch instance, fresh spawns.
  • Log out at a dungeon, kill boss, relog, switch instance, new boss.
  • And so on.
You should only be able to switch instances inside of towns/cities (probably excluding "camps") and when leaving Haven to prevent this sort of exploitation, even if it means dealing with queues.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Bad idea. When implementing things like this, first ask yourself: "How can I use this to my advantage?"

Some examples:
  • Log out at a chest, loot, relog, switch instance, new chest.
  • Log out near a useful mob spawn, clear it out, switch instance, fresh spawns.
  • Log out at a dungeon, kill boss, relog, switch instance, new boss.
  • And so on.
You should only be able to switch instances inside of towns/cities (probably excluding "camps") and when leaving Haven to prevent this sort of exploitation, even if it means dealing with queues.

Obviously it would be an initial choice not a reoccurring choice.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Having to wait hours of queue to log in just to be able to change your login to less waiting is obviously a horrible design.
We need to be able to choose the server (instance) before entering the queue. And we need to see how many players or at least how loaded the servers are. So we can make an informed decision.
Also, we should choose the server every time we log in. Otherwise we would be comically limited in playing together with our guild/group and in recruiting new members.
To prevent resources exploiting we could have the server choice only when we are safely (not client crashed) logged out. Which is 2 minutes of waiting in the wild and cannot be done inside dungeons, where all the good chests and most of the good mobs/resources are. If this is not enough there could be some additional timer after logging out before choosing another server (like half an hour).

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Im sure SV made sure this wont happen and all players wont be in the same que at instance release :ROFLMAO: Hey its SV, what can go wrong ?