Leaving a message at someone's doorstep

Olanis

Jan 25, 2022
We built a village and have many neighbours. Due to different time zones and people being busy it is not easy to get to know our neighbours.

Sometimes we wonder if a certain house owner is still playing the game or if he is interested in getting in touch with us.

Many times we have no idea what guild a house owner is from and if he is friendly or trying to kill us first chance.

It would be fantastic if we could leave a note at someone's doorstep. Pin a written peace of paper to the door, so to speak.

This note could contain an invitation to meet at a certain time and place, if interested.
It could contain a trade offer or something completely different ("why did you kill me you asshole").

Anyone visiting the house could read this note (if the house owner hasn't decided to destroy it).
The house owner himself could leave a note at his very own door to give a bit of information about himself/his guild and maybe items he needs or how to get in contact.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
costs too much on the server

I dunno, in the near future when houses have mailboxes! (haha speaking of costs too much,) can just mail a note like old days.

"I got the note you sent me... but nothing was written on it." Fak...

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah it's missing a lot of basic features, like note and player made books, veredaris for houses and shit like that.
Also it's mind blowing u can't send a letter or a note via veredari, just... Basic shit.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Our Journal is a nice feature for personal notes. Now it would be cool if they eventual expand on that to make the little sign in book on the desk furniture be used by visitors to the house. Houses have mail boxes so you can deliver notes and items. Maybe it would be too taxing on the server to have every house have it's own veredarri like system but it would help give houses a purpose instead of needing to place a NPC in the world.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Our Journal is a nice feature for personal notes. Now it would be cool if they eventual expand on that to make the little sign in book on the desk furniture be used by visitors to the house. Houses have mail boxes so you can deliver notes and items. Maybe it would be too taxing on the server to have every house have it's own veredarri like system but it would help give houses a purpose instead of needing to place a NPC in the world.

you were in 1, right? You could even draw and write on notes, but like I said they would turn blank half the time. But yea that kinda stuff is what makes games seem more real. IMO! Little things.

Dayde

Jul 31, 2020
I think it's things like this that need to be added to the roadmap. As an MO1 player, I just assumed features like this would be added at some point, but really SV needs to call out MO1 features that will eventually come and put them on the roadmap. Players want to know what small features will be coming as well.. not just big things like Necro/etc.