Launch Delayed to Q4 2021?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The game is not ready for Early Access. What March are you talking about. What will new players do in the game (there is no PVE in the game)? For early access, all the basic mechanics of the game must be added to the game, as well as a variety of mobs and at least a modified AI of mobs (and not what we have now). With the fact that we now have to release the game, it is impossible, otherwise we will receive anti-advertising of the product and bad reviews in the incentive and, as a result, a small number of players in the project. If I am wrong, correct me.
I think the Early Access moniker will give SV some breathing space if they were to launch in March this year. People in general will likely be aware that Early Access means unfinished but if they at least have the basics in place, most will likely look the other way and give the game the benefit of the doubt.

But I wouldn't get complacent just because of the wide acceptance of Early Access today if I was SV. Back in the day (80's or 90's), game development companies that did this would go under, their game lampooned into oblivion, and may even face potential class-action lawsuits.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I have not logged since skill leveling was introduced to the testing. I'l log and try before the upcoming stress test. Honestly, I'd prefer to wait another year and have a persistent release with MO1 steam release volume of content.
edit: volume and quality like at mo1 steam release.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I think the Early Access moniker will give SV some breathing space if they were to launch in March this year. People in general will likely be aware that Early Access means unfinished but if they at least have the basics in place, most will likely look the other way and give the game the benefit of the doubt.
I doubt it. Most people see early access as a release, especially when you have to pay for it. And SV has literally released the game before. It's been out for over a decade, this is mostly an engine change with even less features present than there were before. That won't make people more forgiving unless they are completely ignorant to those facts.

Reactions: Svaar

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I doubt it. Most people see early access as a release, especially when you have to pay for it. And SV has literally released the game before. It's been out for over a decade, this is mostly an engine change with even less features present than there were before. That won't make people more forgiving unless they are completely ignorant to those facts.
I just see it in some of my youtube comments people are open, some guy wrote something like did they learned form the first failure?
and i wrote yes. The thing is the people are willing to give it a second chance. but sv need to do it good that many people won't insta rage and quit and leave bad reputation of the game behind. Justdo it like tarkov star vault. not exactly but like them. From niche game to millions of player online each day.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I just see it in some of my youtube comments people are open, some guy wrote something like did they learned form the first failure?
and i wrote yes. The thing is the people are willing to give it a second chance. but sv need to do it good that many people won't insta rage and quit and leave bad reputation of the game behind. Justdo it like tarkov star vault. not exactly but like them. From niche game to millions of player online each day.

The developers of Tarkov stuck to their design and it worked out. I wish SV would follow that model rather than watering down the aspects that actually differenciate it from other better made games.

Reactions: Skydancer

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Some people may give it another chance, most won't. No matter how much anecdotal evidence there may be of people saying they may come back. It's also a question of what play style those people have as to some Mortal has always catered way much more than to others.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It needs to be more stable than mo1 was during steam release and have enough eye candy and content to get people to stick around until more content is added. Otherwise it won't matter how many players try it out initially.

Reactions: Svaar