Lack of Politics

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I see this section of the forum is quite devoid. It would be awesome to see someone or multiple people step up and share news about various guilds, the political climate, who controls where, etc. Posting threads for the public to stay engaged and informed.

I would do it but I don't have enough time / know enough players / am not involved at all.

I see this section of the forum is quite devoid. It would be awesome to see someone or multiple people step up and share news about various guilds, the political climate, who controls where, etc. Posting threads for the public to stay engaged and informed.
At the moment you'd just get a constant feed of who killed who in the Tindrem Sewers on which mirror or why guild x or y split because someone said something mean about someone else's mother.

Minimal exclusive content to fight over, with incredibly nerfed drop rates. No forced war declarations, and in turn war means dealing with the rep system/murder counts/distant priests for 90% of guilds due to Spiritism inaccessibility. No ability to siege assets like houses and castles.

Plenty of reason to build up resources quietly in anticipation for when/if these issues are resolved, though. Ball is more in Star Vault's court than that of the players, for now.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Yeah there really isn't any politics right now. Unless guilds fracture, leave alliances, guilds dissolve, etc.

I can't wait for the future when there are threads shit talking CTX because we were hired to help someone in a siege or a big fight or something..

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah there really isn't any politics right now. Unless guilds fracture, leave alliances, guilds dissolve, etc.

I can't wait for the future when there are threads shit talking CTX because we were hired to help someone in a siege or a big fight or something..
Why would anyone waste their time hiring a 3rd party guild to fight their siege for them. Sounds like a stupid way to play the game a game lol pay someone else to play it for you.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Why would anyone waste their time hiring a 3rd party guild to fight their siege for them. Sounds like a stupid way to play the game a game lol pay someone else to play it for you.

Yeah you're right. Why hire people to defend your stuff when you can just get zerged and lose it all, am I right? It's really smart to play in a way that increases your chances of losing not only a fight, but your items & assets as well.

Reactions: Daikos

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah you're right. Why hire people to defend your stuff when you can just get zerged and lose it all, am I right? It's really smart to play in a way that increases your chances of losing not only a fight, but your items & assets as well.
Ya it really smart to allow some randoms you don't know accuses to your battle coms an sensitive information an hope they aren't leaking intel, Lol merc guilds in this game will be as much of a meme as they are in Eve online. I.E no one will use them an they'll just be some shitty RP guild acting like they aren't a RP guild while pretending to be good at PVP.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

nah they fight w/ them. That's MO1 stuff, just like if you scroll back (if possible) on profile messages you can see that dude zers said "we will 3rd party your siege if you don't pay us." It's a diff type of game. It's like throwing a block party if there's a siege, everyone shows up haha.

Ya it really smart to allow some randoms you don't know accuses to your battle coms an sensitive information an hope they aren't leaking intel, Lol merc guilds in this game will be as much of a meme as they are in Eve online. I.E no one will use them an they'll just be some shitty RP guild acting like they aren't a RP guild while pretending to be good at PVP.
Depends on their reputation in regards to their services and competencies.

During the heyday of Mortal Online (1) people hired Anquer Quare (AQ) and the various Kranesh mercenary outfits such as ENVY, Eclipse (EC), etc. to turn the tides of important battles quite regularly, as their presence could easily be a deciding factor due to their overall competence in battle. In a different way, the Guttersnipes (Guts) were regularly hired for clandestine operations and sieges alike due to their unique way of making one's opponents absolutely miserable.

Here in Mortal Online 2, groups like CTX could easily fill the same space that AQ/Kranesh mercs did, and Miscreants are in a good spot to fill the Guts void.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Tourist coming here telling veterans who have been mercs in the past or present how the game is being played.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

What guild are you in and would you be willing to arrange for a fight? We can put your words to the test. :)

Depends on their reputation in regards to their services and competencies.

During the heyday of Mortal Online (1) people hired Anquer Quare (AQ) and the various Kranesh mercenary outfits such as ENVY, Eclipse (EC), etc. to turn the tides of important battles quite regularly, as their presence could easily be a deciding factor due to their overall competence in battle. In a different way, the Guttersnipes (Guts) were regularly hired for clandestine operations and sieges alike due to their unique way of making one's opponents absolutely miserable.

Here in Mortal Online 2, groups like CTX could easily fill the same space that AQ/Kranesh mercs did, and Miscreants are in a good spot to fill the Guts void.

It's funny because CTX is made up of Kranesh Guilds & AQ.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Big ups to miscreants. Haven't heard much about/from them lately. Hope they are still doing their thing. lol. I dunno how big they are tho, if they can actually do Guts lvl stuff.
Miscreants, ya I'll hire them when I need them to sexually harass people, lol that all they did in beta follow female players around in game an sexually harass them over VIOP. That an just kill player's horses around Meduli all day.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
A very expected outcome. Says nothing but bad things about my group but immediately ignores any kind of fact checking or confrontation to prove a point.

Seems like 99.99% of all the new forum accounts are people who are hiding behind an alias to vent towards groups they don't like or because they can't use their actual names for some very obvious reason.

Jan 28, 2022
A very expected outcome. Says nothing but bad things about my group but immediately ignores any kind of fact checking or confrontation to prove a point.

Seems like 99.99% of all the new forum accounts are people who are hiding behind an alias to vent towards groups they don't like or because they can't use their actual names for some very obvious reason.

Tbf in literally every game I've ever played the "merc" groups were always a joke. Even when I played a game called Face of Mankind which had a merc faction and was built to have that gameplay....98% of merc cells were useless. So newer people coming in here seeing someone claim mercs and it's reasonable they go "oh....neat."

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Tbf in literally every game I've ever played the "merc" groups were always a joke. Even when I played a game called Face of Mankind which had a merc faction and was built to have that gameplay....98% of merc cells were useless. So newer people coming in here seeing someone claim mercs and it's reasonable they go "oh....neat."
Right now you are a nobody, non factor, tourist. Name you self or just stop talking.

Jan 28, 2022
Right now you are a nobody, non factor, tourist. Name you self or just stop talking.

P.s. when you give up half way through and instead just decide to trade insults, not realizing I'm proving a point while insulting you (the subtle difference) just know anyone with at least double digit braincells is going to laugh at how much of a joke you are.

Nailed it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Good one forum clown. Do you post anything beside troll, meme, and shit post? But than you say others are non factor, lol I've yet to see you post anything resembling intelligence on these forums.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021

That's understandable. But I'd say it's both a bit funny and ignorant to immediately lump the idea of mercenaries all into the same category as 'useless'. CTX is a PvP guild first & foremost, our mercenary work comes second.

Considering our guild has some of the better players in the game within it, it would be safe to say (and assume) we are not useless.. not in the slightest.

Good one forum clown. Do you post anything beside troll, meme, and shit post? But than you say others are non factor, lol I've yet to see you post anything resembling intelligence on these forums.

You literally, and I mean LITERALLY said:

You don't even understand the logic behind hiring a guild to help you do something, small or big. It is somehow.. lost on you? You're a complete random who popped out of no where with nothing to back any of their words up.

Lol OK kid cute projection sneezes.

If I was projecting.. you'd see me calling other guilds shit & bad, and insulting players because my argument would hold no substance. Sounds familiar right?