Lack of magic effects

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I have two major complaints with magic at the moment.

First thing is removing the color from the spell icons. What was the thought behind that? Not only did it look better before, it was much easier to tell which spell is which.

Second is the lack of effects/particles. In MO1 when you got corrupt it made a very unique noise and you knew when it happened. In MO2 you just get a debuff under your health bar.

Fulminate in MO1 also had a very unique sound effect with this black smoke that would surround your character. It was one of the coolest spells imo. Now, it's just the same as corrupt...bland.

Then there is fireball but now its outburst so whatever. I thought the fireball flying through the air was cooler, but I'm sure they have a good reason for changing that.

I haven't made a thread sooner because I thought magic was still a work in progress...but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I understand this shouldn't be a priority right now, but I was curious if its just me or others feel the same way.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
This game has the most lame magic I've ever seen. It needs improvements in visuals and its effects in so many ways.

Feb 10, 2022
I have two major complaints with magic at the moment.

First thing is removing the color from the spell icons. What was the thought behind that? Not only did it look better before, it was much easier to tell which spell is which.

Second is the lack of effects/particles. In MO1 when you got corrupt it made a very unique noise and you knew when it happened. In MO2 you just get a debuff under your health bar.

Fulminate in MO1 also had a very unique sound effect with this black smoke that would surround your character. It was one of the coolest spells imo. Now, it's just the same as corrupt...bland.

Then there is fireball but now its outburst so whatever. I thought the fireball flying through the air was cooler, but I'm sure they have a good reason for changing that.

I haven't made a thread sooner because I thought magic was still a work in progress...but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I understand this shouldn't be a priority right now, but I was curious if its just me or others feel the same way.
300% yes

Craksh

Jun 15, 2020
I agree, there should be bigger difference between the spells and for THE Love of god, bring back the uniqe spell coloring UI.

Im quite happy with the animations, just more variation so you and the opponent know what you are casting.