Knight`s Tournaments

Would you like to see knight tournaments implemented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I have never played an MMO that have those knights tournaments (think of "A Knights Tale" movie). Like you sign up and there is few competitions like sword fight, bow shooting, jousting... as for me this would be the first MMO game that have it (and I played a lot of MMOs) if they implement that (though Mount and Blade has something similar). The winner can get a horse, gold, weapons or armor...
What you think?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
So we have arrows that stick into objects where they hit, melee, and there should be lances again with mounted combat. Combat also doesn't have to be lethal due to mercy mode.

Such a tournament is fully possible if player organized. I'd prefer not to see any such events built into the game though. Built-in events don't really work for this game.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
in MO1 i make two tournements. First day not bad, with much glamours fights. Later, next day one conflict in guys that was have see fithts ruined event. But was fun, for be honest. Simply make post when game begin, announce your tournement and your redwars and possible you will can do it.

Reactions: Angelo

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You are both right it can be organized. Already have some ideas.

Cool. I'd be interested. One idea to keep in mind when organizing such events, there are many historical cultures represented in the MO2 universe. Most of them have their own traditions of martial sports/festivals. A traditional knight tournament seems like something that would be a modern invention of Tindremenes. So it would make a lot of sense to run such an event. But you could do different events with different cultural themes, or even melting-pot events that draw different competitions from many cultural themes.

Themes you could include:

Post-Rome European Medieval (Tindremic)
Roman Inspired Events (Traditional Tindremic)
Persian/Arabic (Sarduucan)
Mongolian/Japanese (Khurite)*
Vikings (Kallard)
Sub-Saharan Africa (Sidioan)**
Unique MO2 Cultures (Ohgmir/Alvarin/Risar-Thursar)

*I included Japanese as the more I look at Khurites the more I realize they are a mix of the two cultures. Particularly in weapons, you see some massive Japanese influence on Khurites in the form of katanas, nodachis, and asymmetrical bows. As steppe nomads they definitely draw more inspiration from the Mongolians, but events inspired by Japanese culture would not be at all out of place.

**Sub-Saharan Africa includes a huge range of cultures. Without commentary from developers, it could be hard to narrow down which particular ones the Sidoians bear the most resemblance to, but if you're looking in particular at large/organized kingdoms, the Malians and Ethiopians would be two good cultures to look at. Sidoians are an ex-slave race though so you might be able to reason incorporating elements from many sub-saharan African cultures if we assume they were not all taken from the same people.

Based on the above, you could include elements such as unarmed combat, throat singing, chariot (cart) racing, etc based on the many historical influences of the game. Beyond the fact that Ohgmir/Alvarin/Risar culture and the fantasy setting of the game, in general, give you a lot of liberty to straight make stuff up. For instance, in a setting with magic we could only assume some events would arise that include it's usage. Also Alvarins would be a great way to include some mezo-American events given their similar homeland.

Reactions: Angelo and Ibarruri

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Thanks for respond, will consider this. Just waiting for persistent and actually release of Tindrem. I think it would be best to organize that event in a big guarded city. Idk if its good idea to do it now while in beta I think not many players will join.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
In the first game Mortal online 1 we had Arena Events/Knight turnaments. I guess we will get them in MO2 aswell.

D

Dracu

do it like gladiator! Earn your rank in the towns and make your way to big league :D