Killing horses is not penalized?

scubacat

Jul 2, 2021
People are able to kill horses and keep their stuff in town because they don't get murder counts and their guildmates just pick up their stuff right away. For some reason, allowing free will in a game results in terrible people pushing everyone else out of the game.

Reactions: Bernfred

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Stables is only 1s. I never had issues because I stable my pets.

scubacat

Jul 2, 2021
Stables is only 1s. I never had issues because I stable my pets.
I was loading my pet to leave the god awful Meduli and they murdered it, that was the second one that day. The first was because I brought my horse into the bank. The third one, I was riding to the stable and it got shot dead right in front of the equerry.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
You do realize that posts like this encourage them. That said I have no idea why SV won't put in a guard call mechanic to make up for the bad AI like we have in the old game. And how long do we have to wait for donkeys.

Mount killing in MO1 was balanced a good mount was hard to kill and killing a donkey meant next to nothing. It's likely just going to take time for the game to find it's balance.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
this needs to be adressed because this will be griefer mechanic nr.1 to kick certain people out of the game.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Guild wars and the ability to take towns and make banlists so guards just automatically attack people the town's owners don't want there will help A TON with this. But yeah, there is no reason for this mechanic to be in the game. They need overhaul reputation/murder count system so you lose smaller amounts of rep for things like assault or minor pets while major pets give full repercussions. Also I'd say kill the entire murder count system and base everything on rep.

Leaving your computer on overnight should NEVER be a meta method for achieving absolutely anything except running up your power bill.

Reactions: Teknique

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Another one of the rules is to not log off with nice gear you dont want to lose. goes for pets too.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Another one of the rules is to not log off with nice gear you dont want to lose. goes for pets too.

That's not what is being discussed. Newbs living in certain towns are getting their horses shot out from under them by rooftop snipers who don't get murder counts because it's a pet and not a player.

People used to hang horse thieves IRL. It's stupid there are no longterm consequences in MO2. If you want to be a red, be a red. If horse killing is allowed I'd prefer they delete guards entirely so they aren't protecting griefers.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That's not what is being discussed. Newbs living in certain towns are getting their horses shot out from under them by rooftop snipers who don't get murder counts because it's a pet and not a player.

People used to hang horse thieves IRL. It's stupid there are no longterm consequences in MO2. If you want to be a red, be a red. If horse killing is allowed I'd prefer they delete guards entirely so they aren't protecting griefers.
Why should I get two murder counts for killing a mounted player. If I get rode up on by a MA Im going to have to take the two murder counts just because they have a pet?

I understood the concept of people will kill my horse in town when I was a new player 4 patches ago. Its simple I didnt let my horse die and if it did I just walked 10 mins to get another one. When guts killed my horse I got another one, Its even faster in meduli where you can just priest over to red preist to grab a horse.

The people complaining about pet killing will just complain about something else in game. They just cant get around how you will lose things. Just wait for thieving to come in and see them complain about that. Its a player mentality issue not a new player issue.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The issue isn't people can't handle losing things. The issue is people are taking actions specifically and intentionally to piss other people off. Then once they have started a fight, they hide behind guards so other people have to go grey to kill them. In order to deal with the person running around killing everyone's horses, you need to become a criminal yourself. It's absolute nonsense.

It's a PvP game. People shouldn't be penalized for dealing with people who have wronged them via PvP. Allowing the rep/murder system to protect griefers is the precise opposite reason of why they were put into the game.

If we continue allowing it, then my suggestion would be make the default guard number in every town 0. Delete reputation and murder entirely, and make guards purchasable by guilds that take ownership of towns, allowing them to set who the guards do and don't shoot. At least then newbs would be able to safely live in well-managed towns instead of making literally every town a griefer paradise where the ruling guilds have to go grey and get attacked by their own guards to keep newbs safe in their own city.

So yeah, you getting 2 murder counts is way better than that. Though easily solved by just making it so there is cap on how much rep you can lose for actions against a single player within a specified time. 1 murder count or rep loss every 5-10 minutes negates your issue.

Last edited: