July 2023 Ban Report

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
July 2023 Ban Report

Here is our monthly report for the month of July.

118 accounts were banned.

4 accounts were banned for exploiting.

58 accounts were banned for hacking.

27 accounts were banned for breaking the Communication Policy. Two of these accounts were reoffenders. One for the same thing in May and one for the same thing in June. Both these accounts have had 2 strikes and have one shot left to play nice.

2 accounts were banned for abusing a GM.

2 accounts were banned for combat logging.

24 accounts were banned for botting.

1 account was banned for stream sniping. This is the first one we have done for this, and it was a temp ban/strike.

Reddit Bans

This month there were 5 bans from reddit. They were for Staff Harassment, Hate Speech and breaking the EULA/TOS. These were mostly connected to Ban Evasions on reddit of players recreating accounts to post.

One account went missing from the list likely due to them deleting their reddit account.

Link -

Quarter 2 2023 Ban Statistics (April 2023 – June 2023)

Here is some charts and data on the quarterly report for the Q2 of 2023.

Quarter Bans –
Quarter Bans Chart -
More Reports?

I am working on report internally for all bans since May 2022. Is this something you would be interested in seeing some of the data? Let me know! This could include how many reoffenders occur and show how our policies have changed and what it has led to. Knowledge is power.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Hell ya, more of these stream sniper and combat logger bans plz. Both good for the game.
Why should anyone be banned for stream sniping? I'll just transport 10k gold and stream so anyone who ganks me get banned

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It encourages streamers when stream snipers are banned. Having more and bigger streamers brings more players.
Nobody should be banned for playing the game, so if I dont even know some kid is streaming and I kill him I get banned? WTF

Reactions: Teknique

Piet

May 28, 2020
Nobody should be banned for playing the game, so if I dont even know some kid is streaming and I kill him I get banned? WTF
It's not for playing the game. If you don't know them and kill them it's completely fine. If you're in their stream saying you're going to go gank them or they have a lot of scouts and make sure no one is spirit scouting them and everything is clear and then you log in on either side of them or have a fireball already in the air about to hit them as they come around a far corner? There's many ways it's obvious when sniping happened. Killing streamers isn't what is being banned. Obvious provable stream snipe is what is being banned.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Regarding the stream sniping debate, I think both sides have valid arguments. The problem with stream sniping is that it is impossible to prove unless the sniper themselves admit it.

I don't stream. I can think of a couple instances in the last week where if I was streaming, I would think the person/group was stream sniping. But in reality we were both just in a weird spot at the same time.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Regarding the stream sniping debate, I think both sides have valid arguments. The problem with stream sniping is that it is impossible to prove unless the sniper themselves admit it.

I don't stream. I can think of a couple instances in the last week where if I was streaming, I would think the person/group was stream sniping. But in reality we were both just in a weird spot at the same time.
I agree anything less than guaranteed sniping should never be punished and so not many snipers would be punished but even that looming threat will deter most.

I disagree however that it is impossible. Mostly it is but there are times people accidentally make it pretty obvious like when you can see they are in stream watching and have a matching name in game and only appear when you happen to get the rare drop, or not knowing they had recorded ghost scouting everywhere and making sure there was no ghosts then them in stream saying they just ghost scouted them, or catching someone logging in on you on either side in a dungeon as they are in your stream, or be scouting 3 ogmir who pre launch fireballs at a streamer so it lands right as they come around the corner they couldn't see him at and are in their chat. Just some examples I have seen over the years.

If it's obvious it should have some consequence.