JEWELRY AND GOLDSMITH AT MO2?

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Jewelry and goldsmith at MO2?

In MO1 the jewels had a limited impact.
On a personal level, I didn't really like the way they got into the world of MYrland, but anyway, I would like to know or discuss how this profession should be considered in MO2.
The way I see it, it should be the players who design jewelry.
Like any other profession, it would need skills and have adequate elements.
So for example, to make a valuable ring you would need gold, gems, emeralds, diamonds, silver, etc ...
While I think it is not a bad idea for magic rings to have properties, I think it would also be important that medallions, rings and other jewelry could be visualized and added a touch of customization to each player.
With hundreds of different types of jewelry based on precious stones obtained in mining.
In this way these valuable jewels created by players could also be luxury items, with which to trade etc ...
It is my vision of this.

Jewelry is one of my favorite trades in games and I am curious about what it will be like in MO2, although I understand that it is not something important for now.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Yes, but the rings and amulets should be better than in MO1 for the costs to activate them. Was it 10 gold for T1 and 50 gold for T2? The T1 rings had something like +1 strength, and one needed T3 or better for amulets to get a noticeable impact of primary points, means 30-40 points. I used T1 items for characters out in the world (fighter, hunter) who are dying more often. Better items have only been used for crafters.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Absolutely. It needs to be a system that is tied into the both the resources and the full loot system. It should tie into magical enchantments, which are found in the world, rather than a vendor.

You could have a system where jewelry that is dropped on death looses all of it´s enchantments and it reenters a state where new enchantments can be applied. This way people can keep their builds secret and you have a higher ceiling for experimentation.

All metals, stones and gems should be useable and determine the outcome.

Having jewelery should modify how NPCs interact with you.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Jewelry and goldsmith at MO2?

In MO1 the jewels had a limited impact.
On a personal level, I didn't really like the way they got into the world of MYrland, but anyway, I would like to know or discuss how this profession should be considered in MO2.
The way I see it, it should be the players who design jewelry.
Like any other profession, it would need skills and have adequate elements.
So for example, to make a valuable ring you would need gold, gems, emeralds, diamonds, silver, etc ...
While I think it is not a bad idea for magic rings to have properties, I think it would also be important that medallions, rings and other jewelry could be visualized and added a touch of customization to each player.
With hundreds of different types of jewelry based on precious stones obtained in mining.
In this way these valuable jewels created by players could also be luxury items, with which to trade etc ...
It is my vision of this.

Jewelry is one of my favorite trades in games and I am curious about what it will be like in MO2, although I understand that it is not something important for now.

Great idea. Perhaps more than one ring per hand would also be possible.
Absolutely. It needs to be a system that is tied into the both the resources and the full loot system. It should tie into magical enchantments, which are found in the world, rather than a vendor.

You could have a system where jewelry that is dropped on death looses all of it´s enchantments and it reenters a state where new enchantments can be applied. This way people can keep their builds secret and you have a higher ceiling for experimentation.

Yeah, experimentation, diverse builds, using the massive existing material database, and keeping to the principles of the design like full loot, player-driven economy.

It would be wise for SV to step back from attempting to drive outcomes (go gather this ring from this location and pay X gold to an NPC), and return to focusing on opportunities for players to add sand to the box. More of the world comes alive with a suggestion like this.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Yes, but the rings and amulets should be better than in MO1 for the costs to activate them. Was it 10 gold for T1 and 50 gold for T2? The T1 rings had something like +1 strength, and one needed T3 or better for amulets to get a noticeable impact of primary points, means 30-40 points. I used T1 items for characters out in the world (fighter, hunter) who are dying more often. Better items have only been used for crafters.

In my opinion the idea of "charging" the rings was horrible and I hope starvault scraps that horrendous idea.

Reactions: Xunila

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

I agree. I trust you will not neglect this fabulous craft with so many possibilities. I think you are right in everything you say. I would only add one thing, and that is not to forget the aesthetic importance of jewelry, its value when it comes to transmitting status, wealth and beauty. (That was its origin) I would love to create jewelry that is of great value but at the same time makes its wearer proud for making him look great. Of course all jewelry must be gradable.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Great idea. Perhaps more than one ring per hand would also be possible.

Yeah, experimentation, diverse builds, using the massive existing material database, and keeping to the principles of the design like full loot, player-driven economy.

It would be wise for SV to step back from attempting to drive outcomes (go gather this ring from this location and pay X gold to an NPC), and return to focusing on opportunities for players to add sand to the box. More of the world comes alive with a suggestion like this.

Agree. It would be important to note that all jewels must be gradable and that each player can wear both a puss or medallion and 2 rings in each hand (for example) and if he dies his enemies can take his jewels.

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In my opinion the idea of "charging" the rings was horrible and I hope starvault scraps that horrendous idea.

And 99% of all trinkets have just been crap because of either too low values or completely useless combinations. Yes, jewelry crafting would be great. Trinkets are could be crafted from many different materials, every material could have a certain effect, and the combinations can be explored for real use. I would have nothing against drop by death as for armor and weapon, but in this case the trinkets should have a good value vs use ratio.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
And 99% of all trinkets have just been crap because of either too low values or completely useless combinations. Yes, jewelry crafting would be great. Trinkets are could be crafted from many different materials, every material could have a certain effect, and the combinations can be explored for real use. I would have nothing against drop by death as for armor and weapon, but in this case the trinkets should have a good value vs use ratio.

I consider that a proper enchantments system should take the place of this aspect. Enchantments could be learned and retained, applied to the items. The enchanting knowledge would persist through death without disrupting the full loot mechanic of the rings and amulets. This may or may not involve buying a meld, if a gold sink is desired.

Enchantments would be found throughout the world of varying quality and buffs. On the "blank notes" in the barrels and crates for example. Very high end enchantment scrolls in dungeon chests, boss mob drops. With appropriate skill for enchantment combinations, they could be applied to certain types of jewelry which would also be impacted by quality and material.

Loot the gold ring with the diamond, but it has no enchantment. Take it to an enchanter with the buffs you're looking for, and he can add one that you actually want.

Would function virtually identical to the past system but without breaking the full loot rules, and would open up more player interaction, and use to the huge amount of materials that already exist in game. Gold, silver, bones, teeth, etc.

Reactions: Xunila

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I'm sure the only reason for SV to make rings charged through gold payments was just a money sink since people had piles of gold laying around with barely anything to do with. Would be cool if jewelry was craftable with gems and rough stones you get from mining that affects a social stat. And enchanting is cool too.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I'm sure the only reason for SV to make rings charged through gold payments was just a money sink since people had piles of gold laying around with barely anything to do with. Would be cool if jewelry was craftable with gems and rough stones you get from mining that affects a social stat. And enchanting is cool too.

That has been the reason to introduce trinkets in MO1. But in the first years of MO2 players will need some time to fill their banks and build up keeps and houses. Trinkets could be nice to have and would create a interesting new crafting profession.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
The rings should not be chargable they just should keep thier effects.

ANd second, a jewelry crafter should also have some randomness to the crafitng effects.
Aswell as tinkering a more precise one. If someone need 10 Skill in whatever.

Would be Awesome.

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
I think there are a number of good ideas in this thread. I'd also like to add that jewelry crafting should be akin to Alchemy/potion making in that you have to learn what the formula is to obtain a desired result. Additionally, some results may not be readily noticeable like adding X distance to bow range or quieting the steps your character makes when moving rather in comparison to just strait up bonuses to strength or dexterity etc..

Blood Thorn

Jan 1, 2021
Jewelry should also suffer from wear and tear, eventually breaking like any other piece of gear. Jewelry that improves bow range or damage should suffer small amounts of decay with every use. Harvesting jewelry to increase yield should decay with every swing of the axe or pick.

There are many ways to make jewelry a 'nice to have' benefit for players and drive a more diverse economy.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Jewelry should also suffer from wear and tear, eventually breaking like any other piece of gear. Jewelry that improves bow range or damage should suffer small amounts of decay with every use. Harvesting jewelry to increase yield should decay with every swing of the axe or pick.

There are many ways to make jewelry a 'nice to have' benefit for players and drive a more diverse economy.
the thing is i also think they should ad resmelting and repair system.

than the whole decay thing make even more sense xD