"Its just like other mmo launches." But it isn't?

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Guys lets be clear here, most other launches actually have the server launch. Sure almost all of them crash or have insane queues, but they at least release on time.

What we got was no pre-patch and a straight up delay. I just want to be clear here that this is not standard and you shouldn't attempt to defend it. The issues they are currently having should have been resolved already but they are suddenly rushing to release the game regardless of how it currently is. I do not know why they made this decision but make no mistake this was absolutely their choice to have the game be delayed like this, not because they feel like it, but because they were not ready.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Toping this I believe the issues of them also swapping to Unreal 5 this late in development while still releasing and making content may inhibit their progress. I'm perfectly fine paying them a subscription even with the wipes and believe the game should not be moved to the next phase. I'd of invested in this project much much sooner had I know Mortal Online was getting a sequel.

I however understand that they can't feasibly do this to get more money as I assume after two years of R&D and the player count for Mortal Online dipping this was a step they had to take to release then go back on a promise.

Terrible Launch, not the worst I've seen but still not good. Many people told me to not suspect an on the dime launch. Still upset even with expectations tempered.

Everyone is justified in being upset with how this is happening, again. Though I love the game and can wait just a bit longer to play it.

Reactions: Fisher(Sath)

OreAird

Jun 21, 2020
"They shouldn't ever release until its finish" - Like Star Citizen?

Unfortunately, as a small company you sometimes have a very simple choice, Fail completely or move forward when you're not quite ready. Finances and unforeseen circumstances put a lot more pressure on you than if you were a huge enterprise but on the slip side, those companies have to be seriously rigid and couldn't ever pull off a game like Mortal. I mean look how they struggle with wow clones.

The game has been very stable and even with the delayed launch today its not that big a deal when they are patching and adding so much in such a tight timescale.

Are they ready? No,
Do they want to be in this position? No,
Are they doing the best for the game and us players? Yes!
Is it a bloody great game that we all obviously want to play thus frustrated at not being able to login? Obviously.

No, much else to it.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It is all the same really.

There are issue that happen to have come up and they have to be dealt with.

There are many pieces that have to come together to pull this all off.

A lot of room for error.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Guys lets be clear here, most other launches actually have the server launch. Sure almost all of them crash or have insane queues, but they at least release on time.

What we got was no pre-patch and a straight up delay. I just want to be clear here that this is not standard and you shouldn't attempt to defend it. The issues they are currently having should have been resolved already but they are suddenly rushing to release the game regardless of how it currently is. I do not know why they made this decision but make no mistake this was absolutely their choice to have the game be delayed like this, not because they feel like it, but because they were not ready.

It wasn't ready whenever they were gonna release it first, it's not gonna be ready now, but it's gonna have more content than it had pre-release and it's not gonna get wiped. That's about what you are getting. Take it or leave it. For me, like I said... I am gonna enjoy it for a month and see what happens.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
"They shouldn't ever release until its finish" - Like Star Citizen?

Unfortunately, as a small company you sometimes have a very simple choice, Fail completely or move forward when you're not quite ready. Finances and unforeseen circumstances put a lot more pressure on you than if you were a huge enterprise but on the slip side, those companies have to be seriously rigid and couldn't ever pull off a game like Mortal. I mean look how they struggle with wow clones.

The game has been very stable and even with the delayed launch today its not that big a deal when they are patching and adding so much in such a tight timescale.

Are they ready? No,
Do they want to be in this position? No,
Are they doing the best for the game and us players? Yes!
Is it a bloody great game that we all obviously want to play thus frustrated at not being able to login? Obviously.

No, much else to it.
There's a difference between being finished and just having the servers be live. They had the time to test and make sure the servers could go live before today, they even could have pushed the patch beforehand. It's completely their choice when a steam patch is pushed. Steam doesn't gatekeep a game once they have let them on their client. They are delayed because they didn't do the work to get everything in place.

This is not the same as a servers buckling under the stress of thousands of logins. We haven't even gotten to that step yet.

lg123

Jan 25, 2022
Just relax...

Honestly people are super impatient for a game in which they'll sink 40+ hours a week into. No ones gonna miss this morning's launch hours.

Lets not pretend you have anything better to do with your time.