It's Been Fun But This Game Will Die Soon

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Player council's are usually indicative of a dying game. Usually devs last ditch effort
Mainly the devs being disconnected from the game, not playing it at a high enough lever to understand it, if they are playing it at all.

The inability of the devs to understand the game meaning they rely on player input but since most people dont understand how to play the game they end up making it worse. case and point humans. Human are the most played class there for they are the strongest despite all of the vets/high skilled players keep saying they are trash and need a buff to be viable. Most players dont know how to play the game, so you need to take that populism data with a big grain of salt.

Devs are just unable or unwilling to figure out who is knowledgeable. We all know who is on their test team by now and how biased their feedback is. But even when their is a consensus Henrik ignores that good feedback.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bicorps

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I dont think he mentioned Sard? He was talking about Mo2 alt servers. Unless I'm missing something.

But because you mentioned sard lol. Sard was too big and spread the pop out too much. If MO1 had way higher pop it would have been fine. But when the pop isnt good spreading people out just makes the game feel more dead. And Sard was massive vs myrland. So I never wanted to roam there. Was like playing MO2 before MO2 came out. But I wont say Sard 'killed' the game. Because it was cool and was good for a certain style of players. I think its farm was a bit too strong tho. but MO1 died for many other reasons.

Sorry thought he was talking about Sarduca, as some people called it an alt server.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
well this is one of those games that alot of people from UO came to ... i think they are giving up hope slowly and its sad. I really want this game to succeed ive been on a few times in the last little while and got absolutely thrashed by midgets wearing full plate cathing up to me in medium armor ending up in me just gettiing thrashed in 5 seconds with no real way to fight back as a mage , so.... i dont wanna give up but i definitly stop playing the game for at least 30 minutes after a death like that that. think about it ... tall strong human gets caught by full plate short legs and 3 shot by swords but everyones crying that mage is overpowered and wont give any movement faster casting or anything. henrik has stated its basicly guna stay that way several times and has responded to my messages in Q&A several times all of us that wanna see those changes i think are leaving. you might even be able to remove magic completely soon. because everyones gunna run around as a fully plated death knight.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Mainly the devs being disconnected from the game, not playing it at a high enough lever to understand it, if they are playing it at all.

The inability of the devs to understand the game meaning they rely on player input but since most people dont understand how to play the game they end up making it worse. case and point humans. Human are the most played class there for they are the strongest despite all of the vets/high skilled players keep saying they are trash and need a buff to be viable. Most players dont know how to play the game, so you need to take that populism data with a big grain of salt.

Devs are just unable or unwilling to figure out who is knowledgeable. We all know who is on their test team by now and how biased their feedback is. But even when their is a consensus Henrik ignores that good feedback.

yah you gotta throw the fact in that nobody wants to look like an ugly monster when they play an "immersive" mmo rpg

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
well this is one of those games that alot of people from UO came to ... i think they are giving up hope slowly and its sad. I really want this game to succeed ive been on a few times in the last little while and got absolutely thrashed by midgets wearing full plate cathing up to me in medium armor ending up in me just gettiing thrashed in 5 seconds with no real way to fight back as a mage , so.... i dont wanna give up but i definitly stop playing the game for at least 30 minutes after a death like that that. think about it ... tall strong human gets caught by full plate short legs and 3 shot by swords but everyones crying that mage is overpowered and wont give any movement faster casting or anything. henrik has stated its basicly guna stay that way several times and has responded to my messages in Q&A several times all of us that wanna see those changes i think are leaving. you might even be able to remove magic completely soon. because everyones gunna run around as a fully plated death knight.

Yeah I play a mage and can confirm it's only good even very specific situations like a 1v1 ambush. But it sucks to defend with. If a melee is close to you - dead. If an archer keeps shooting you - dead. And there's no way to retaliate. Mounted Margery is a joke. The chance of casting a spell while riding in a straight line for 8 seconds without getting shot once or you need to restart is a joke. Only mildly good for pve but mounted archery is way better for pve

Reactions: Hodo and Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yah you gotta throw the fact in that nobody wants to look like an ugly monster when they play an "immersive" mmo rpg
Yeah most roleplayers want to play human and they usually quit or are not very good. Most high level pvp guilds will meme on members that run humans. Only radagast, patwins, and battlebandit do well on the class foot fighting. They carry the class despite its issues and will still say it needs buff.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Alvarins are broken as fuck. Please nerf. Otherwise all the noobs gonna get scooped up by 500 speed underweight tiny ass hit boxes