Is there any sense from intelligence above 130-134

Myaurici

Feb 24, 2022
Good afternoon, tell me if there is any point in intelligence above 130-134 (except mana pull) just comparing intelligence 129 and 138, the increase in damage to spells is very weak, there are those who, with the help of trinkets, raised intelligence above 144, is there also a weak increase?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Most skills are governed by attributes. Every 10 points of intelligence gives you one free skill point in the skills governed by intelligence. These are mostly the crafting skills and magic skills.

Higher intelligence also increases mana pool. It does raise spell damage as well, but less and less the more you get.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Good afternoon, tell me if there is any point in intelligence above 130-134 (except mana pull) just comparing intelligence 129 and 138, the increase in damage to spells is very weak, there are those who, with the help of trinkets, raised intelligence above 144, is there also a weak increase?

Doubt it. lol getting banged for 80 with spells happens routinely. I saw 'the chart,' and chose 130 as a nice breakpoint. Not gonna end up there, tho, gonna end up with like 118 max hue. My understanding is it's flat until the top then it kinda curls up higher. If you look at the chart it basically is like 3-5 per 10, but I do think at some point it goes up, but I dunno if I'd waste the time being max fat dwarf instead of getting like... a sheev that can be on the ground and hit hard w/ spells.

D

Deleted member 44

Yes there is. The damage curve relative to intelligence is perfectly linear. You can see the minimum and maximum values of your spells by looking in your spell book.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Yes there is. The damage curve relative to intelligence is perfectly linear. You can see the minimum and maximum values of your spells by looking in your spell book.
It's not linear, that was changed a while ago.

We now have a diminishing return for very high intelligence values.

Myaurici

Feb 24, 2022
that is, in fact, there is no point in a thick ogmir? Or maybe after 140 (or 144) the curve will be different? because in the graph there is a curve only up to 138 int

D

Deleted member 44

It's not linear, that was changed a while ago.

We now have a diminishing return for very high intelligence values.
Says who? Where? Even small increase in intelligence at 138 intelligence is still increasing my damage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Getting to 130 your non pcyhe and non int attributes are fucked so why not just stack more int. It still does something and adds more magic effect which will scale the spell damage.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Says who? Where? Even small increase in intelligence at 138 intelligence is still increasing my damage.
Like I said it was changed a while ago, back in beta. If you want to go hunting through the patch notes you can.

Yes it increases, but you get diminishing returns. So the difference between say 90 and 100 is larger than the difference between 120 and 130.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Like I said it was changed a while ago, back in beta. If you want to go hunting through the patch notes you can.

Yes it increases, but you get diminishing returns. So the difference between say 90 and 100 is larger than the difference between 120 and 130.

Here it is for those to lazy to look it up.

mortal-online-2-first-real-guide-on-magery-tips.jpg

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
IMO -1 dmg 130-38 is hard to call diminishing (esp when it plays out almost exactly for Gheal.) Esp cuz it's not 140. Throw on those raw int rangz and test. That's not a hard to hit BP. I got 'em and I'm a bum.

I'm looking at 120 int, I think. Do that bulging ON DA GROUND 250 speed sheev.

The reason that it prol should curve over 120 (and esp 130) is that it's a crazy break point. You basically have to go all in. Tzone says all the other attributes don't matter, and in a way, I guess? Cuz fat and all, but you still have to take a huge nerf on your other stats to even get able to go over 130. 130 sheev, 130 sid, but you gotta be a dwaf to get more. I think spell damage is stupid high atm.

One can only imagine the 138 test on lesser was flawed in some way.

D

Deleted member 44

IMO -1 dmg 130-38 is hard to call diminishing (esp when it plays out almost exactly for Gheal.) Esp cuz it's not 140. Throw on those raw int rangz and test. That's not a hard to hit BP. I got 'em and I'm a bum.

I'm looking at 120 int, I think. Do that bulging ON DA GROUND 250 speed sheev.

The reason that it prol should curve over 120 (and esp 130) is that it's a crazy break point. You basically have to go all in. Tzone says all the other attributes don't matter, and in a way, I guess? Cuz fat and all, but you still have to take a huge nerf on your other stats to even get able to go over 130. 130 sheev, 130 sid, but you gotta be a dwaf to get more. I think spell damage is stupid high atm.

One can only imagine the 138 test on lesser was flawed in some way.
I don't really know what nerf I'm taking on my fat mage. I have 140 intelligence (240 Mana), 200 HP, 390 combat movement speed, and 11 free armor while having a pet that can hit through steel for 50 while taking 20% of the damage I take. I hit fighters for 30~60 damage dependent on the spell type and I can heal through most damage dealt.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't really know what nerf I'm taking on my fat mage. I have 140 intelligence (240 Mana), 200 HP, 390 combat movement speed, and 11 free armor while having a pet that can hit through steel for 50 while taking 20% of the damage I take. I hit fighters for 30~60 damage dependent on the spell type and I can heal through most damage dealt.

in the same way flat gifts are broken for elf on foot, flat armor wt is broken, too. The nerf is not getting MA I guess. lol.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
With 138 int I mind lesser for 37 and with 100 lores I heal my horse for mind 42. Mind fulms with someone with no phy is maxed at 82 damage and horses are getting hit for high 90s. The graphs don't show the whole picture. The most damage I can do is fulm someone then hit them with a mental projectile and they get hit for 140-160 damage at the same time. The higher end gets multiplied by alot when you add in lores and minds.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
With 138 int I mind lesser for 37 and with 100 lores I heal my horse for mind 42. Mind fulms with someone with no phy is maxed at 82 damage and horses are getting hit for high 90s. The graphs don't show the whole picture. The most damage I can do is fulm someone then hit them with a mental projectile and they get hit for 140-160 damage at the same time. The higher end gets multiplied by alot when you add in lores and minds.

:eek:

Edit: altho since this is a kinda serious issue, I will comment. They gotta make it so you can't heal your horse mounted (in fact I'd argue all horses should be un-healable while mounted.) I'm sorry buddies, but the way the game is played right now, that's just unfair and it really gimps the mounted aspect of the game. AND the stupidity of getting a mind buff from healing your horse own horse. It's like you put a straw in its ear rofl.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
:eek:

Edit: altho since this is a kinda serious issue, I will comment. They gotta make it so you can't heal your horse mounted (in fact I'd argue all horses should be un-healable while mounted.) I'm sorry buddies, but the way the game is played right now, that's just unfair and it really gimps the mounted aspect of the game. AND the stupidity of getting a mind buff from healing your horse own horse. It's like you put a straw in its ear rofl.

That is the way it was in MO1.. had to dismount to heal your mount. Wasn't a big deal and actually was quite nice. You also had to dismount to pick up things and put them in mount bags.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That is the way it was in MO1.. had to dismount to heal your mount. Wasn't a big deal and actually was quite nice. You also had to dismount to pick up things and put them in mount bags.

yea if there's any 'exploits' I do (watch me get banned lol) it's bagging carcs from horse and paperless /banking.

And yeah, having to disengage is big. Then it means that the guys who are still there are able to do more before they, too, have to disengage, or just throw out their mount. The thing becomes a joke beyond that. I don't think any horse should be able to be healed (pretty sure you could heal it in MO1 if someone else was riding, but maybe not?) but I def KNOW you should not be able to heal esp MIND HEAL your own horse.