Is now the right time to allow building in celaeno cave?

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
Why have you suddenly allowed building in celaeno cave now while:

1. Still no siege mechanic

2. You don’t restart the server enough so even without houses fucking up spawns, 50% of celaeno bug out into the cavern walls and are unkillable

Really hoping for a response other than “in preparation for future content involving the cave”. How far away is that future content? Is it going to be before or after we get boats, for example?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
this game rofl...

To elaborate, I do not support building in caves. haha wtf. STOP THE INSANITY. They are gonna put celano city in there. Gonna have slot machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnidex

Mordhyrr

Jan 27, 2022
Nice.. can not wait to get EQ dumped when i go in there the next time. Are the building restrictions outside around cave entrances still a thing? Last time i checked they were in place and i had to move like 100m away, kinda pointless if you can build legit in the cave itself.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
they should not let build on creatures spawns. im not against the houses in cave,,but they should be placed in empty zones. bcause houses bug everything around them or removes spawns. i really dont understand theyr logic.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
they should not let build on creatures spawns. im not against the houses in cave,,but they should be placed in empty zones. bcause houses bug everything around them or removes spawns. i really dont understand theyr logic.

building a house in a 'dungeon' is like putting a house in spider cave or teph crater. It's just weird biz imo.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
its not a dungeon if u can log out inside, its open

eyyy, I guess it depends on PoV, but yeah to me it should be treated as a dungeon. I'm just one dude who GMs won't even help w/ my bugz... but I strongly reject the idea that people should be able to build houses in caves. Like with EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. Every month or so, I log into MOFO and find another egregious offense and lose my shit, this is the newest one. haha. I don't even go in Cel cave, either!!

I remember @Bladeer01 was like WE GOTTA GO IN WITH TWO MAGI AND 3 FIGHTERS... it's like c'mon man let's just go with some bows and see what happens haha. That was the closest I got to spending time in Cela cave. :eek: Yaboy stays out in the light. But yeah, building just ruins everything. A house is a huge immersion breaker. Imagine you get to the final castle in your RPG and someone has built a house there... lol. Well, to be fair, there are games like that, "Oh... I'm the traveling merchant, fancy meeting you here..." Still, NO.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
eyyy, I guess it depends on PoV, but yeah to me it should be treated as a dungeon. I'm just one dude who GMs won't even help w/ my bugz... but I strongly reject the idea that people should be able to build houses in caves. Like with EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. Every month or so, I log into MOFO and find another egregious offense and lose my shit, this is the newest one. haha. I don't even go in Cel cave, either!!

I remember @Bladeer01 was like WE GOTTA GO IN WITH TWO MAGI AND 3 FIGHTERS... it's like c'mon man let's just go with some bows and see what happens haha. That was the closest I got to spending time in Cela cave. :eek: Yaboy stays out in the light. But yeah, building just ruins everything. A house is a huge immersion breaker. Imagine you get to the final castle in your RPG and someone has built a house there... lol. Well, to be fair, there are games like that, "Oh... I'm the traveling merchant, fancy meeting you here..." Still, NO.
i was joking. ofc houses in cave is a bad idea, camping rawhide never good. celaneos dont even attack. im ok in empty cave to rp caveman

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
The celaeno cave still needs a lot of attention, and we must be closing in at about 8 months since was introduced. You still can slip through the map at certain spots, millions of invisible walls all over the ramps and bridges, celaeno stuck in walls, completely empty rooms which look like they had an intention but got forgotten about (green gas room for e.g.).

Instead of addressing any of the above, we get house placements in there. And all the added bugs which come along with that (specifically how the affect mob pathing)

It seems as though every time SV try to add something, they take something away at exactly the same time (I’m thinking about the decisions made over red priests and town guard populations in particular). Celaeno cave is just now another jank fest which once had potential but now resembles an old modded minecraft server rather than a cutting edge MMO dungeon

Reactions: Highlander

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The celaeno cave still needs a lot of attention, and we must be closing in at about 8 months since was introduced. You still can slip through the map at certain spots, millions of invisible walls all over the ramps and bridges, celaeno stuck in walls, completely empty rooms which look like they had an intention but got forgotten about (green gas room for e.g.).

Instead of addressing any of the above, we get house placements in there. And all the added bugs which come along with that (specifically how the affect mob pathing)

It seems as though every time SV try to add something, they take something away at exactly the same time (I’m thinking about the decisions made over red priests and town guard populations in particular). Celaeno cave is just now another jank fest which once had potential but now resembles an old modded minecraft server rather than a cutting edge MMO dungeon

I'm stealing part of this to use in my against free placement thread. haha.

"Celaeno cave is just now another jank fest which once had potential but now resembles an old modded minecraft server rather than a cutting edge MMO dungeon"

Succinctly.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Double post, but TBH... I think SV's largest problem is that they don't realize that they derped out and quickly fix it. haha. There are so many problems they left just as they were. They always shoot themselves in the foot!

There's just some stuff that's like 'the what?' Like I'm heading to my house @ celano cave and it's like a-wuh? And SV never seems to be like - superman!! -

Like some tupi wiped us all in ogh... yeah crazy. Or dudes who lost sets to some regular pets (loool, getting ogh'd out by a beast master tho... not skilled but also... pathetic.) But once things go to that level, they need to be like WAIT something is wrong. STOP. This isn't right. But they just kind of have this go with the flow vibe and it NEVER WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom