Ineffective Lictors

D

Deleted member 44

Henrik, you want towns to be safe but your team is failing to execute to protect players from naked town grieifing. Here is a video showing four players attacking my mount while I heal it while in town. The lictor is so worthless that it can't even kill a naked player before the horse is dead. These players lose virtually nothing to do this. I looted their bodies and they had a single emalj weapon and no reagents for the mage. If you become grey in the walls of a guard protected city the lictors need to teleport to the player and kill them instantly. No mercy mode, no slow ass attacks. Teleport and kill. New players will not tolerate the current mechanics and will just leave the game and never return.

Reactions: Yeldur

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
if the reputation system wasn't garbage they would be losing something meaningful with the standing loss, but I agree the fact that some naked with bone weapons can zerg down most pets before the guards can deal with them is pretty lame. Make their attacks one shot anyone under a certain threshold of armor damage reduction. If they meet the minimum armor threshold treat their defenses as normal. There's no reason to let people get away with such malicious gameplay. I don't care if you cry "but its a hardcore game!" This isn't fun, and should be addressed.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Imo guards should be on steroids for the first few months. Then toned down after. I have a feeling there are going to be a fair number of players that hate the game and will just play to grief people for the first few months

Shalafi

Dec 26, 2021
I'd like to agree on this , i dont see the point to lets pet get killed in "Guarded" town so easily.
Also i dont understand why there is no "Guard me" function like on UO
And its even illogical than a Pet dont react at all when getting hits.
Agressive pets should attack whatever agro them
Passive pets like horse should "at least" flee away from the agresssion

Taming and training pets take times and ressource. Get that effort ruined just by a naked archer in town is .. lets say "annoying"..

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Just want to point out, if you had actually gotten on the horse and rode it away a few feet instead of trying to outheal 2 people with big weapons, your horse would have lived.

...noob.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Just want to point out, if you had actually gotten on the horse and rode it away a few feet instead of trying to outheal 2 people with big weapons, your horse would have lived.

...noob.
You do realize body blocking is a thing in the game right? It's pretty funny that you feel calling someone a noob is the valid response when this sort of thing isn't happening to you. Should we encourage people to hunt you down in the city and kill your pets whenever you look away? Do you think you can keep your pet alive if someone purposefully came after you?

D

Deleted member 44

Oh look, Shmerrick loses and makes ANOTHER post. I think you should rename your posts 'Guys I died again, please nerf what screwed me'
Loses. I never died. They killed a level 50 steppe horse...in a beta... ohhhhh nooooo

Here you go kuthy

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Loses. I never died. They killed a level 50 steppe horse...in a beta... ohhhhh nooooo

Here you go kuthy

Good try mate. Here is the other side of that video. Us having fun and laughing our asses off.

Maybe you should try having fun?

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
You do realize body blocking is a thing in the game right? It's pretty funny that you feel calling someone a noob is the valid response when this sort of thing isn't happening to you. Should we encourage people to hunt you down in the city and kill your pets whenever you look away? Do you think you can keep your pet alive if someone purposefully came after you?

Kid, I live in Vadda. My horses get sniped 24/7 by Vadda Caliphate, or some other rats.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
heh, I dunno man. I saw a naked guy standing in Bakti between bank and tavern. I even y'd follow me for loot, cuz I was gonna go grey and delete the char... but I was like this guy is standing here, yea there are guards IN THE AREA... but knowing how guards react, they aren't gonna do shit in a timely fashion. So I killed a man! I even handled my first hit. I think I had a flake sword or somesuch. That's, for whatever reason, working as intended. This is just something I 'learned' by watching other people do (tho most would do a horse cuz that's more griefy), this dude lost 0 shit, it was just a troll and to show him/all people following me how wack guards were... they have a moment of wait. Lictors will bodybag you at the bank tho, but you can still get a couple punches off.

Again, it's more confusion because they seem to want people to be able to grief town, but then they add in rep system to make people have to work for it. They are trying to toe weird lines again. Lictors are objectively azz tho, nobody should be hitting you for 180s and 240s haha. That people can swarm your mount or w/e is something SV wants in the game, for some reason. It lets people feel free and powerful. It's sad because if they removed shit like that, they could actually ease up the open world restrictions on fighting. Talk to Henrik on that shit, but if we're gonna have Lictors porting around handling all town grief, then let's ease the hell out of the rep system.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Only solution they can potentially limit town griefing is if they make Towns Completely safe and not allow any murdering, Would solve the issue with players getting to high places where guards cannot see them aswell.

Another few Solutions:
1) If killed by a lictor or guard the resurrection timer is much longer
2) If Mercied in town by a Guard, They yank/teleport you away to a jailcell and serve your sentence semi-away from town (Sort of extension of said-town your in but a bit further away e.g "tindrem prison district")

Leaving it in the current state is not going to solve the problem in persistence, At most griefing will be more efficient and people aren't afraid to purchase alt accounts to go on murder sprees (Trust me).

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Oh Damn bro legit? You just owned me by telling me you get treated like someone's favorite dog to kick. Are you proud?

You're kinda weird. I was just explaining that I deal with more than my fair share of attempts on my mount's life. Therefore, I used my experience in keeping my mount alive to make a suggestion to OP. I don't know why you're so offended by it, though.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
How'd this threat get so off the rails so quickly. You guys all came in ego speaking so quickly. Disable pvp in towns remove guards it's simple guys.

D

Deleted member 44

You're kinda weird. I was just explaining that I deal with more than my fair share of attempts on my mount's life. Therefore, I used my experience in keeping my mount alive to make a suggestion to OP. I don't know why you're so offended by it, though.
Suggestion to the OP? Im a MO1 veteran. I'm not going to be discouraged by griefing. Fact is, Henrik wants people to be safe in cities and they currently aren't. People will not stick around in this game if they are losing in areas in which they should have some safety. Do you all have such a short memory that to have forgotten steam realease in MO1. RPK single handedly griefed out the entire steam player influx. Grief mechanics are bad for the game and quite honestly none of this shit is going to effect me as I'll be in GK killing these trash can players before they can blink. I just don't understand players like you.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Suggestion to the OP? Im a MO1 veteran. I'm not going to be discouraged by griefing. Fact is, Henrik wants people to be safe in cities and they currently aren't. People will not stick around in this game if they are losing in areas in which they should have some safety. Do you all have such a short memory that to have forgotten steam realease in MO1. RPK single handedly griefed out the entire steam player influx. Grief mechanics are bad for the game and quite honestly none of this shit is going to effect me as I'll be in GK killing these trash can players before they can blink. I just don't understand players like you.

I know who you are Shmerrick. You're the guy that whines on the forums constantly every time you get flopped in game. You may not understand me, but I understand you. And I laugh while you cry.

• Haha
Reactions: User_name
D

Deleted member 44

I know who you are Shmerrick. You're the guy that whines on the forums constantly every time you get flopped in game. You may not understand me, but I understand you. And I laugh while you cry.
Every time I get flopped? I lost nothing here. They killed a level 60 Steppe Horse. Cool. I have 5 deserts in the stable. Suggesting ways in which to improve player retention is now crying. Imagine. Same dumb ass thought process. You guys just want to hurt noobs to feel better about yourself.

The underlying problem with this community is that you all don't want the game to change and improve. Most of you guys just want to sit in graveyard and kill noobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
What a joke you come in here calling people who can't protect their horse a noob then claim you get yours killed 24/7 as if its sort of proof that this situation is fine and started that sentence off with calling me, a 30 year old man a kid. I responded to the OP and offered some thoughts on how they could alleviate this problem then you came in just flat out calling him a noob but the second I respond to you all of a sudden im the weird "mad" one. You and others have beef with the OP, I don't care and from the sounds of it I might even join you on release. That doesn't matter, I believe his point is valid and should actually be addressed regardless of how bad you feel he is personally at the game. So no, the only one here that is acting weird is you.

Reactions: Najwalaylah