Increase time to cast purify

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Background:
A recent update has caused the mounted mage casting time to have a smaller penalty which Is quite a benefit if you ask me. However, this has caused an imbalance that is allowing corrupted mages on horseback to purify themselves when corrupted. Making it nearly impossible to kill a high level heavy armor mounted mage.

Issue:
I was hunting a few Mounted Mage/Archer PKers near Mohki and have repeatedly encountered a build where they use reptile carapace or better horse armor and spam heal to get away from combat. These long chases typically end for whoever loses horse stamina fastest. However, even if the mounted mage loses stamina, they can spam heal in place and out-heal your bow damage until enough stamina is gained for them to escape again. When they get close enough to their house, they are almost 100% of the time able to dismount in front of their door, close it, take off horse armor and stable their horse. I have encountered a bounty with one of these players with over a 509 murder count just using MA and MM.

Real Scenario #1:
In response to this issue I mustered 4 mounted archers to work with me to kill one of these people we had a bounty on. We found one and chased while casting corrupts and firing arrows from four men, Ultimately the purify speed and healing speed was able to bring the horse and player health back to max all the way until he safely entered his house.

Real Scenario #2
I encountered a player in town that infiltrated our large 20 player convoy, After getting a good 3 minute horse ride distance from town We corrupted and fulminated him + his horse while around 7 mounted archers chased him. He was able to out purify out heal all the way back into the safety of guards with very little effort. It was a game of watching the health bar of the horse go from 100% health to 30% health over 10 times. All while purifies and corrupts were going off.

How common is this?: I have witnessed over two handfuls of players use this tactic to essentially be immortal. The number of people using the build style has increased and I've only been able to successfully kill one after several weeks of hunting with a large group. This has gotten to the point where I now participate in using the same build near towns.

Solution:
adjust the purify spell time so it cant be used on a horse until the corrupt runs out, or adjust the number of ticks on corrupt so that there are more interruption chances but slightly less damage.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
So what your saying is your friend group is so fucking trash. You cant properly aim at a big ass horse, so your asking for the devs to buff your shit aim. LMAO

Bruh IDGAF, If u say im toxic. MA are horse killers. If someone has good horse armor you should easily be able to take down the horse as a MA/MM. Especially when you have 4+ people going at them.

Maybe besides complaining about a guy with actual armor, you should upgrade your skills, Or hell even use an asymmetrical bow.

Please dont say shit like this. It just makes you look like a chump.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
So what your saying is your friend group is so fucking trash. You cant properly aim at a big ass horse, so your asking for the devs to buff your shit aim. LMAO

Bruh IDGAF, If u say im toxic. MA are horse killers. If someone has good horse armor you should easily be able to take down the horse as a MA/MM. Especially when you have 4+ people going at them.

Maybe besides complaining about a guy with actual armor, you should upgrade your skills, Or hell even use an asymmetrical bow.

Please dont say shit like this. It just makes you look like a chump.

I get that your mostly just trolling but I actually land almost every horse shot myself and run a 105 str assym lol. Its a pretty OP build and I used it at the stress test and survived quite a bit of looting and jihad. Was rolling around killing grey dudes with fulms and archery for around 20 minutes outside meduli and constantly used the healspam to get out of a ton of combat scenarios where I normally would have died. If you wanna run a test I can Outspam heal your MA for as long as you have time in the day to waste.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
No Im not Trolling!

The only thing they should do with Purify is make it a higer skill level in ECU. So you cant just be a FF that gets purify for free. That shit needs to be like

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Background:
A recent update has caused the mounted mage casting time to have a smaller penalty which Is quite a benefit if you ask me. However, this has caused an imbalance that is allowing corrupted mages on horseback to purify themselves when corrupted. Making it nearly impossible to kill a high level heavy armor mounted mage.

Issue:
I was hunting a few Mounted Mage/Archer PKers near Mohki and have repeatedly encountered a build where they use reptile carapace or better horse armor and spam heal to get away from combat. These long chases typically end for whoever loses horse stamina fastest. However, even if the mounted mage loses stamina, they can spam heal in place and out-heal your bow damage until enough stamina is gained for them to escape again. When they get close enough to their house, they are almost 100% of the time able to dismount in front of their door, close it, take off horse armor and stable their horse. I have encountered a bounty with one of these players with over a 509 murder count just using MA and MM.

Real Scenario #1:
In response to this issue I mustered 4 mounted archers to work with me to kill one of these people we had a bounty on. We found one and chased while casting corrupts and firing arrows from four men, Ultimately the purify speed and healing speed was able to bring the horse and player health back to max all the way until he safely entered his house.

Real Scenario #2
I encountered a player in town that infiltrated our large 20 player convoy, After getting a good 3 minute horse ride distance from town We corrupted and fulminated him + his horse while around 7 mounted archers chased him. He was able to out purify out heal all the way back into the safety of guards with very little effort. It was a game of watching the health bar of the horse go from 100% health to 30% health over 10 times. All while purifies and corrupts were going off.

How common is this?: I have witnessed over two handfuls of players use this tactic to essentially be immortal. The number of people using the build style has increased and I've only been able to successfully kill one after several weeks of hunting with a large group. This has gotten to the point where I now participate in using the same build near towns.

Solution:
adjust the purify spell time so it cant be used on a horse until the corrupt runs out, or adjust the number of ticks on corrupt so that there are more interruption chances but slightly less damage.

So you do realize a mage could purify themselves previously while riding right?

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
So you do realize a mage could purify themselves previously while riding right?
yeah and it was still one of the fastest cast on or off a horse. He thinks a 0.5 decrease is making him not be able to hill 1 MM with 7 MA/MM.
dosnt it sound like he just got out classed, out skill, out played, out gamed, out smarted, out maneuvered.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Background:

Issue:

Real Scenario #1:

Real Scenario #2

Solution:

it’s not the games fault.
focus the mage instead of the horse?
If you don’t manage to take him down with ma + mm casting corrupts you just need to practice.
cya stay save

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yeah and it was still one of the fastest cast on or off a horse. He thinks a 0.5 decrease is making him not be able to hill 1 MM with 7 MA/MM.
dosnt it sound like he just got out classed, out skill, out played, out gamed, out smarted, out maneuvered.

Sounds like a skill issue.

7 MAs and MMs couldnt kill ONE MM on a horse. Perhaps you shouldnt have tried to kill the horse. Just a suggestion.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Funny how trash players calling a non trash player bad because they dont want their OP build nerfed.