Inconsistent/Biased Help Chat Regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
When i'm just trying to answer a question or make some neutral statement on the game someone may find helpful, i've found myself having insults regularly thrown at me.

Now, the way i play the game riles some people. In turn, this has lead to people to try and get back at me in the help chat. They take what is happening ingame, and try to get to me on some personal level via insults in the helpchat.

It is at the point where whenever i say something in the chat? I get insulted. I see the SAME names pop up time and time again. So clearly, nothing is being done about these people.

Nothing about what they say is necessarily game related or could in any context be considered helpful. It is a very direct and obvious attempt at insult.

Now then, i try to handle people like this in a reasonable way, i keep it light. So then, why do i find myself getting banned from the help chat repeatedly when i'm the one being accosted by the same people who quite clearly never get banned? They say i'm "trolling", but i never directly insult specific individuals. I may say one class is stronger than another in context of helping, which drives people wild for some reason. Instead, my neutral statement, answer or opinion in regards to someone's question is distorted in their eyes as some kind of trolling.

What is really happening? They just don't like me because of something i did in the game. Something completely by the game's intended design.

I'm of course lured into a false sense of security by the fact that THEY get a free pass with their endless insulting.

So i'm just supposed to take this abuse, and if for a moment i respond to these individuals, not even in some overt way, i'm the one who gets banned? I never use any slurs. I never go out of my way to hurt someone emotionally in some serious way, but somehow, i'm the one who gets banned when i am provoked near constantly in helpchat, in game chat. Constantly.

Just because people hate me does not mean i'm the one in the wrong. The way i play the game is completely fair and by the game's design.

It is like some of the GMs are enforcing by popular opinion instead of based on who is breaking the rules. You need to understand these people are not very clever. They can't draw a line between the game and the chat. They think because i did something bad in the game, that i'm a bad person in real life. You need to ignore idiots like this.

People appear to constantly get annoyed at me, so in turn, it is like they take this as if i'm somehow the one in the wrong. In reality, it is people taking ingame grudges into the help chat. I'm not trolling anyone. I'm just talking about ingame topics and answering questions in the help chat.

People either don't like my opinion, or they are holding some ingame grudge and want revenge. They seriously need to take note of the chat environment before they throw out these bans. You give people overtly and directly insulting me via the help chat a pass; and then you will ban me for some mild response to what is a torrent of endless insulting from various people. It isn't fair.

Reactions: CherryKush

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
From the posts I've seen here and on the discord it seems the scales of judgement are tilted against those that play the "bad guy" in this game. The Oghmir ban for getting crafty with out of game tools comes to mind even though he didn't violate any TOS to execute his trick. He was the victim of mob rule as 1000 carebears were simultaneously shouting for his execution.

Fortunately after awhile SV agreed and re-instated his account.

Reactions: Sally

Goochy

Mar 23, 2024
Could it be because you spam chat claiming to be the best archer in the game 24/7? If this is the same sally that does it in game.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Could it be because you spam chat claiming to be the best archer in the game 24/7? If this is the same sally that does it in game.
I only say that because it is true. You wouldn't want me to tell a lie would you?

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
RPK don't get hate in helpchat mostly.

However horse griefers like sally who never actually kills players are considered very low. It's like a child molester complaining that people are insulting them because they refuse to abuse children. It's the same principle.

Also Sally uses helpchat as a general chat, always repeating the same thing about tamers and heavy armor being op and foot archers being up. Never actually asks any questions or answers any. Between spamming the same repetitive stuff also starts randomly bragging about how good an archer they are, while only being able to hit stationary horses in a town.

Status
Not open for further replies.