In Regards to Tindremic Reputation Issues and Possible issues with other Provinces.

samtaro

Mar 30, 2021
Hello Everyone,
So l have noticed that the newest technique that can/is used against people is the reputation system. PK guilds and people with a distaste to people have started provoking revenge attacks on themselves in order for there to be a murder and a reduction of Tindremic reputation (I don't know if this is the same with other provinces.).

This can spiral to the point of being hated by the province and therefore in the eyes of the npc's , be reguarded as an enemy of the province and attacked to the point where you can't enter the cities or towns. Currently as it stands l have noticed that Risar's are not giving rep to players in order to counteract this sort of issue. As such l think to remedy this bug and also provide an improvement to the murder system, l postulated the idea of revenge kills.

What is a Revenge Kill?
A revenge kill is a kill that is made in retaliation to a murder or greifing/guild rivalries.

What would this entail as a system?
The idea l had is that maybe instead of making a chain murders until someone can't live in a town due to rivalries and pvp. Maybe have a system where the player can mark someone as a rival (you can have up to 5 rivals or more, up to the devs) which makes you immune to the murder system for maybe an hour (maybe more or less).

Why would this help players?
  • It will allow solo players to not be punished for pk'ing organised attacks on them.
  • it would mean temporarly guilds can fight other guilds without the murder system being too rough on their guildies when people report their murders. This will nullify if the company introduces a guild war system.
  • it helps with the current reputation bug with killing risars and then not recieving the rep for it.
Any more additional ideas to this would be awesome. This was something l thought of as an afterthought to one of my friends being punished for taking revenge on members of a guild harrasing him.

Reactions: Bicorps

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Great system. I usually kill less than 5 people per hour. That means I don't get any MC's at all anymore. :)