Improved combat system (offense/defense)

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
I've been playing some medieval fighting game lately and I have to admit they have quite an interesting combat system which is kind of closer to realistic
and it made me wonder if it'd be possible to change our current combat system to something similar but even better in the future

Basically the defense/parry should be the same as it is right now, parrying in the direction the hit appears to be coming from

The offensive hits however would have a bit more freedom with the direction the swing is coming from, instead like cross with center to make it something like:

split each direction (up, down, left, right) into 3 different directions of the same side

those who stay on the defense would have to figure out the general direction of the hit to block successfully

I believe it'd make FF much more interesting, maybe give certain weapon types the ability to disarm enemies' shield/wep, or grant some percentage of successful disarming for X period of time, causing the shield/wep to drop on the ground so everyone could see it but make it harder to pick up during combat

What do you guys think?