I'm more safe anywhere else in the game than inside guarded cities.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Crawling hand inside town is total BS tho. Pulling a blue lootbag with it should make you go grey. Its stupid for the game to have the weak standing system it does, and then have workarounds like this.

Sadly it doesnt matter anyway because they wont be fixing this. If they wanted to they wouldn't have pasted it over from MO1 where it was abused and never fixed for years.

I dont really agree with the OP on anything besides crawling hand in town being stupid. VS MO1 this entire game is virtually a safezone. You couldnt play Tind in MO1 for an hour without getting griefed, or someone trying to. to me Sv trying to prevent crime just makes the game boring, which makes me surprised that these griefers even still play to begin with.

But that said crawling hand in town is virtually an exploit. the spell is designed to abuse the poorly made criminal system. Which is just dumb, and only makes the game feel poorly made. Nobody dies to this and is like 'wow that guys clever I'm so glad he stole my shit'. No, you get posts like this, and people quitting because the games systems dont even work as intended.

Reactions: Elijah

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
This is clearly what i mean, next to lictor guards, 0 stuff on my inventory as soon as i equip a single helmet, he starts the engage and while i have a ton of menus open and while my character is on stunlock for a second while equipping the second piece he can 2 shot me and then take all the loot for free thanks to crawling hands.

A single cronite helmet is already worth for this deadbeat to engage because the consequences are so low, 1 or 2 rep loss vs a 100g helmet, 4 minutes later he can prey on the next target, this is stupid as fuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
In general I think towns are too safe with too many stationary guards. I'd like them to patrol more, giving criminals small windows to pursue their playstyle.
But what you describe is something else entirely, and your issues are serios and, as you say, when thievery is added it could be a disaster.
Both criminals and lawabiding players should have options. You do not in those situations.

I like this idea. A temporary debuff of reputation where the timer depends on the crime. For days is maybe excessive but 20 minutes for stealing and an hour for murder would be good, imo. What would be amazing is if the timer also factored in the reputation the player. The lower the rep the longer the timer. I think blues with max rep should have a advantage, allowing them to fight back with less guard issues.

imo all necro spells should make the caster go grey.

Making bounties on the player who killed you would be an amazing feature.

A way to fight back would be awesome, flagging and rep system feels like a placeholder. I think the SV CEO at some time talked about how high reputation would give you that opportunity... guards would ignore a few crimes or at least respond slower and vice versa for low rep.

I'm a necromancer who has benefitted from the ability to crawling hands loot bags out of town, and I agree with this necromancy sentiment. I was absolutely dumbfounded when I found out I could crawling hands peoples loot out of town.

Also, agree with towns feeling... Well not too safe, but safe in the wrong way. You shouldn't feel like you're 100% safe. There should be small windows in guard rotations that criminals have a short opportunity to pickpocket, or get up to whatever shenanigans they want. It should be very limited, but it should exist. The current 'you hit a guy with no guards around, so a lictor teleported on your head' system is doodoo.

We definitely need far better AI before the guard system feels anything close to realistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: grendel