Ideas to reduce travel time, without destoying core mechanics of the game. (very important feedback to make the game enjoyable for players with a job)

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
very sad when guildmates hit the wrong home/priest button and they got teleported far away and they quit game bcause takes half an hour to come back. anyway.. imho we dont need moongates, justa a better quality of life.. as already mentioned by AnabolicMan. nearest shrine option selection, faster ghost options, faster riding on roads, maybe 2 home priests in strongholds?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Why just don't log into albion. Don't wanna be rude but while i agree on the problematics i don't think a solution is to make MO2 full themepark mode.

The concept you offer violates a lot of core concepts that make the game run and i do not mean afk running on a barren world.

In a perfect world i'd like to see players selling ghost portals to other towns, as a service. Its understandable that if you rather transport materials from one town to the other you are going to actually travel, because thats what the game is, being and doing shit in the wilderness, taking the risk.

Teleporting gear or mats would defeat the concept of the game itself and turn it into albion, without the pve and the rest of the world's design to back that up.

Now, not opposed to ghost portals. If someone wanna get fast to a region should be able to access a priest portal with a proper ingame cost, i rather see it as a service provided by players but people is hesitant to imagine new and more content for players instead of npcs.

Game is based in regional conflict/economy, thats enough reason for not letting anyone transport any sort of material, i think anyone that plays this game understands that, regional" concept needs to be reinforced instead of crippled.

The idea is not that anyone can gear up and just travel through a teleport and be at a hotspost so the zerg action hits in, the idea is for players to contribute to a local economy (when and if in need).

Idk, spiritists can make portals. I don't see how they couldnt" make portals to specific regions and selling that as a service, i mean i can even imagine how to implement such feature.
Have to scribe region portal into a book doing whatever activities, dungeons, puzzles or whatever, all mayor regions, common scrolls, lost priests harder to find scrolls.

Once specific regional scroll has been scribed and all skills are set a spiritist should be able to open a portal to whatever region (priest) and depending on the skill proficiency the amount of acurracy on the teleporting.

Low skill lvl teleportings can fail. 10-40 can't cast, 40-60 chance % to teleport to any random place (fixed/procedural locations), 60-80 lesser chance of failure, 80-100 closer distance to selected region/priest, 100 - 99% chance to teleport to location, 1% complete fail.

Cost of teleporting? Reg based, depending on the area the required materials and even best if the use of regs is optional and affects the outcome (people would have to find the recipes). Example, teleport to meduli town priest, regs required 1500 saburra powder, 500 water, 100 sea dew, 100 bor, 3000 human carcass and 100 jadeite.
TP to meduli redpriest, for example.- 1500 saburra powder, 500 water, 100 basileus and 100 steppe needle, 100 nitre, 3000 cougar carcass and 100 jadeite.

TP toxai, pirum, granum powder, fishes, wood.
TP tindrem, common vitis, capsicum, etc.

Teleporting should be a commodity, and it think every content should be added into the game for players to create/use/offer rather than static portal-gates in fixed locations.

Spiritism is an example, that class is expensive and already rewarding. But ghost portalling or tp could be in hands of any magic school or a new one, or something completly apart. I don't really care how its justified to exist in the world aslong as its player made-used"

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Henrik thinks its great though its not like people weren't complaining about these exact issues that were glarlingly obvious from the very start when they were still making the map.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why just don't log into albion. Don't wanna be rude but while i agree on the problematics i don't think a solution is to make MO2 full themepark mode.
I don't get why going through a portal that could be camped that brings you to another not safe zone and only shortens the travel time, is themepark. The safest way to transport would actually be to not use the portals because most players would be camping the portals. All it would so is make travel less a waste of time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I don't get why going through a portal that could be camped that brings you to another not safe zone and only shortens the travel time, is themepark. The safest way to transport would actually be to not use the portals because most players would be camping the portals. All it would so is make travel less a waste of time.
Is that te gameplay loop You wanna encourage? Greasy forced Albion portals? Idk i enjoy the organic aspect of the game and more or less natural" choke points, i believe it's a waste of resources to make an Albion portal just to make content for zergs, the only ones that would transport are the biggests zergs. I mean you talk about all this like if you didn't play MO1 but perhaps You missed a lot, this cheeseburguer type of content for zergs already existed in MO1 and it was basically tekton bridge. I don't like this approach, and extrapolating concepts from other games without making yourself basic questions is the wrong approach to suggest any sort of content.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
make ghost speed faster x 5 and remove home priest. and lot of players will be happy.

yep. It's not ideal but yep. lol. It's like that one thing.... compromise? :eek: Prol don't need 5x either but you should be doing "check out how my tool works in MO" YT video level bounding jumps over mountains and such. Might spice up spirit pvp, too!! YEEYEYEYEAHHHH. I mean, now keeps have tops on them. All things do, right? So it wouldn't really matter.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Let people just teleport from town priest to town priest with a timer. Go to GK priest enter a countdown for 30mins that you can opt out of but at the end of the timer you get sent to that priest. Ghost running places is boring af, not real gameplay, but forces you to babysit your game because you get stuck on rocks ghosting.

Just skip the ghost run step but keep the time in the form of a countdown so people can do something productive IRL. Its just a waste of time, worse then having a job,

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let people just teleport from town priest to town priest with a timer. Go to GK priest enter a countdown for 30mins that you can opt out of but at the end of the timer you get sent to that priest.

We are on the same page!

And yea, I'm sure someone in MO community can find a way to exploit it, so it prolly needs a daily use limit, too.

It honestly should be something that you don't even need to be online for... just log in later, there.

Reactions: Tzone and Jatix

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
As long as you can make it make sense in the lore. No magical spawn points where hundreds of men develop from no where. Maybe a courier you have to pay 10g for that has a 24 cooldown. It can be via ship from Tindrem or horse courier for Bakti that ports you to the designated region.

D

Dracu

Lore friendly non gamebreaking suggestion:
Ghostmode highways!
Its not the direct way, but its a fast way from town to town.
Very much increased ghost speed when using them like idk 200%-400% (OF THE CURRENT GHOST SPEED SV! idk what number is good, i'll let SV decide... aslong as its minimum 200%) and stacks with spiritism buff?
Ghostmode pvp is a joke anyways in the open world outside of "places where ppl stay sometimes for a few minutes?"...
Should help bigtime and give the 3 new players a way to get to other towns better since roadsigns are a joke.

Lore:
Magic n shit! Ghosts! Graveyards... i mean... its in advanced swedish but it does exist, soonTM

And dont come me with "HaRdCoRe GaMe To EaSy, NeEdS tO bE gOlDsInk 100000000000000000000000gold per useage!1!!!!111 " or i tell Henrik about a great idea of hardcore battlepass where you need to be logged in 24/7 or you fall behind big time and make you pay premium for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Footwork

Dec 9, 2021
Sorry but no.

I have a job, I work 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and with proper planning and time management I can find time to ride from Meduli to the Necro Dungeon in the one to two hours I may play in that session. The difference is I am not just going somewhere without guild support. I know there is a stronghold near there I can logout in. I know the route extremely well to cut down on wasted time. I also dont screw around with a thousand detours because I have the attention span of a goldfish.

All moongates and fast travel does is just lead to people moving from fast travel point to fast travel point.

People complain about the size of the map being to big because there is nothing really near them, that is an issue with mob spread and respawns.

Wouldn't hurt if the server could hold more than 1700 players without shit hitting the fan. More players means more organic gameplay. For now we must revert to our MO1 ways and become GY Griefers.

Reactions: Tzone

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
People are saying it needs to make sense in the lore, while 90% of this game makes 0 sense anyway if you put any though into it. Like being Obese making you a better mage. Infinite stamina pets. You can just tell the priest you got murdered and they instantly believe you with 0 proof, etc. Random ass portals with no lore behind them would still make more sense than most of this game. and they could easily whip up some lore as to how the portals came to be.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah most of this game violates the lore and sv will throw out lore to have random bad changes but then sv will claim lore to stop good ideas.

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
We are on the same page!

And yea, I'm sure someone in MO community can find a way to exploit it, so it prolly needs a daily use limit, too.

It honestly should be something that you don't even need to be online for... just log in later, there.
yeah its not gameplay or fun, or challenging to ghost run places. Just a waste of time including irl time. Just have the player waste their in game time and let them log out to do something else. Kinda like their char is auto walking places but that would be too hard for sv to make ghost auto walk places I think.

Footwork

Dec 9, 2021
yeah its not gameplay or fun, or challenging to ghost run places. Just a waste of time including irl time. Just have the player waste their in game time and let them log out to do something else. Kinda like their char is auto walking places but that would be too hard for sv to make ghost auto walk places I think.

"Time is money friend". The true reasoning they will never release a quick travel is due to the aftermath that happens every time. There will be a huge bug that allows instant transportation of goods.

Tbh, at this point teleportation via a portal would be the same as ghost walking just less time consuming.

Mortal Online is already so time consuming as it is.

Reactions: Jatix

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The game is not meant to ride over half the map and run through a dungeon within a few hours. When you change your location then do this for a week or more. Fill banks in most cities to be able to stay in that area for some time. With new continents the map will become even larger. And with more players the larger size is needed. Even with the current number of players there are too many player buildings around, everywhere small cities, a player village in front of Meduli e.g.