Idea about how Mortal could have additional profit

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
the idea is that the player pays 10 euros per month and is given the opportunity to turn off the pvp mode and other players cannot harm him, except by challenging him to a duel. Also, the player can turn on the PvP mode for himself, but turn it off only after a real day

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
The danger is part of the game. It would really be boring without it ( and Im mostly a PvE guy) If you "turn on PvP" and nobody else does, you wont get any open world PvP.
The only kind of protection I want while mining or fishing is a better sound-design like its done in games like dark and darker. Really being able to hear approaching players, be it while walking or swimming would be enough of a safety net. Same goes for pets. Someone can club your pet to death without it making noise and its just stupid.
I also think it should take less than 5 seconds to put away your pickaxe and grab your sword. Should take about 2 seconds imo.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
The danger is part of the game. It would really be boring without it ( and Im mostly a PvE guy) If you "turn on PvP" and nobody else does, you wont get any open world PvP.
The only kind of protection I want while mining or fishing is a better sound-design like its done in games like dark and darker. Really being able to hear approaching players, be it while walking or swimming would be enough of a safety net. Same goes for pets. Someone can club your pet to death without it making noise and its just stupid.
I also think it should take less than 5 seconds to put away your pickaxe and grab your sword. Should take about 2 seconds imo.
But those who want a lot of danger can play for free. And someone might want to pay real money for his PVE game. Most likely there won’t be many of them. After all, 10 euros is a big amount for many countries.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
I know that it's a lot of money in most countries. The thing is that it would destroy a core system of the game and in my opinion it would be a prime example of "pay to win". You could just get a mining alt and start mining tephra from the crater to make the best equipment in the game. (or tame the best pets, kill risar for books ect.) Then everyone will run around in Oghmium and everything else (Steel for example) would be worthless. I do understand that getting jumped while gathering without being able to really fight back just sucks, but there needs to be some kind of danger. We will already get guard patrols on roads near towns and Im sure they will help in evening out those situations.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
I know that it's a lot of money in most countries. The thing is that it would destroy a core system of the game and in my opinion it would be a prime example of "pay to win". You could just get a mining alt and start mining tephra from the crater to make the best equipment in the game. (or tame the best pets, kill risar for books ect.) Then everyone will run around in Oghmium and everything else (Steel for example) would be worthless. I do understand that getting jumped while gathering without being able to really fight back just sucks, but there needs to be some kind of danger. We will already get guard patrols on roads near towns and Im sure they will help in evening out those situations.
What about if there were pairs of PVE zones, so to speak, without including areas with rare resources, enemies or rare and valuable mobs?

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
As far as I know there will be zones at some point. Now they won't be 100% safe, but with the changes to "red players" they will be pretty safe i imagine. I mean if red players won't be guarded by the city guards, they will be jumped and clubbed to death by the mob :D
Will probably make them avoid the blue cities and nerf them by A LOT (going to the marketplace as a red will be a pretty bad idea I imagine ;) ) The game sadly enough isn't anywhere near a finished state, so all we can do right now is wait and see how SV will implement their ideas.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
the idea is that the player pays 10 euros per month and is given the opportunity to turn off the pvp mode and other players cannot harm him, except by challenging him to a duel. Also, the player can turn on the PvP mode for himself, but turn it off only after a real day
Great idea!

How about we also add a 5$ horse riding license?
A 1$ resurrect fee?

• Haha
Reactions: Melhisedek and Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
So you're safe to farm Gamun, Salvia, Calx, Horses, Bandits, Risars, Blood Kua, Bears, Tagmaton and Campodon? That would kinda destroy the games balance since all the things i listed are really valueable. The only thing missing to produce great healing potions for example would be Argus sponge. Everything else can be farmed in the marked zone. As a bladesmith, fisherman, gatherer and beastmaster my gameplay loop would go from highly profitable to competing with bots for scraps. I get paid a lot of gold because it's dangerous. The only thing of value would be tephra, gabore and argus sponge. Also trading routes to most keeps would be safe and that would actually destroy the game. As a mage on a molva you would have no shot at killing me on my way from meduli to vadda or Kranesh, which would destroy the economy.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
So you're safe to farm Gamun, Salvia, Calx, Horses, Bandits, Risars, Blood Kua, Bears, Tagmaton and Campodon? That would kinda destroy the games balance since all the things i listed are really valueable. The only thing missing to produce great healing potions for example would be Argus sponge. Everything else can be farmed in the marked zone. As a bladesmith, fisherman, gatherer and beastmaster my gameplay loop would go from highly profitable to competing with bots for scraps. I get paid a lot of gold because it's dangerous. The only thing of value would be tephra, gabore and argus sponge. Also trading routes to most keeps would be safe and that would actually destroy the game. As a mage on a molva you would have no shot at killing me on my way from meduli to vadda or Kranesh, which would destroy the economy.
Yes, this will destroy your personal economy, but it will enrich Mortal; along with you, 200 more people will appear who are doing the same thing.

• Haha

Xrayce

Sep 26, 2023
so the problem with the idea is, that this game and its economy is based on the conecpt of risk vs reward (always).
with a pve only zone you remove the risk and therefore it would by defination influence the economy negatively.
(Yes you can argue around that it's already broken etc, but the core aspect remains)

If you want a PVE only experience, I guess search for a guild that can provide a relatively "safe environment" and needs pvers to do work for them.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, this will destroy your personal economy, but it will enrich Mortal; along with you, 200 more people will appear who are doing the same thing.
It would not destroy my economy... Im already rich and read all my books. It would just prevent new players from becoming rich. I took the risk of getting killed and got rewarded for it. Yeah 2 out of 3 times i got killed while riding to town with half a stack of Salvia but 1 of 3 times was enough. If 200 people tame campodons every single footie will quit, coz they will be utterly useless. Mages would also be screwed because theres no way you can even have enough mana to kill something with 1200hp. And Im not saying those zergs aren't a problem. They are. Im not in any guild and i dont wanna be. But with the proposed guard patrols and the changes to red players, there will be more than enough safety.

Reactions: Xrayce

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
so the problem with the idea is, that this game and its economy is based on the conecpt of risk vs reward (always).
with a pve only zone you remove the risk and therefore it would by defination influence the economy negatively.
(Yes you can argue around that it's already broken etc, but the core aspect remains)

If you want a PVE only experience, I guess search for a guild that can provide a relatively "safe environment" and needs pvers to do work for them.
It's very difficult to find a suitable guild. For example, I like to make maces, but the guild doesn’t need it. And I must extract the resource that the guild needs.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation

I mainly focus on the role-playing component. But this role lives inside me, it does not need a permanent team for me. And this role may change in a few weeks. For example, in the first part I really liked baking bread. But who needs it if there are analogues

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
That would be in Bad Company's village lol. Henrik would never allow it. Those risar camps are a lucrative area. I don't think the idea would work. He often says he does not want pay to win or cash shops. He wants all the content to be available to everyone with a single subscription fee which I think is fair and honorable. Also you have to consider the AUS and US dollar. It means AUS would have to pay like $19-20 for a PVE zone.

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
That would be in Bad Company's village lol. Henrik would never allow it. Those risar camps are a lucrative area. I don't think the idea would work. He often says he does not want pay to win or cash shops. He wants all the content to be available to everyone with a single subscription fee which I think is fair and honorable. Also you have to consider the AUS and US dollar. It means AUS would have to pay like $19-20 for a PVE zone.
I think that if you just introduce a subscription fee, then 50 will play like before.That's why I started talking about dividing the players into two groups

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
your idea is nuts, but thanks for gathering for me that one time. haha. What I would support is making that zone (albeit smaller cuz there are good ant areas there) into "haven" and giving it a lighter rule set so people could get their feet wet. Plenty of content. Buff GYs, keep the guard presence... then make the rest of the world more open. Do it like... Duli to the ramp up, E to the river, back to Tindrem and W coast, in that area.

But creating a zone that is more favorable to pve players, especially if it leads to getting people out of instanced Haven, would be great. Pay to not get attacked is 4r nuts tho.

• Haha
Reactions: Paganel

Paganel

May 24, 2022
russian federation
your idea is nuts, but thanks for gathering for me that one time. haha. What I would support is making that zone (albeit smaller cuz there are good ant areas there) into "haven" and giving it a lighter rule set so people could get their feet wet. Plenty of content. Buff GYs, keep the guard presence... then make the rest of the world more open. Do it like... Duli to the ramp up, E to the river, back to Tindrem and W coast, in that area.

But creating a zone that is more favorable to pve players, especially if it leads to getting people out of instanced Haven, would be great. Pay to not get attacked is 4r nuts tho.
If needs gethering something. you can tell