I think mats in banks should degrade, how about you?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Was just reading a steam thread about how the game isn't ready for release and nobody wants to pay a sub, zzz same crap, but it did make me remember that they never wiped MO1. I dunno how to handle the issue of raw gold, but I feel like the game isn't gonna be even close to balanced for at least a year. I've always felt mats should not able to be stockpiled forever, esp since now is gonna be the prime time to stockpile mats in an easier way due to the unfinished nature of the game.

I'm talking like v slow dura damage, like unnoticable, something like a year or year and a half for total destruction. And same with stacks, since there isn't quality factor in materials, just have them bleed out a tiny bit, again, something slow enough that it would be like 1 stack per 2 years or something.

There are ways around this (like trading for new mats), but mats could have listed 'age' on them, too. It would also encourage people to use their stuff and not just bank it.

Keeping track of the age of mats could also allow for mats to be wiped/partial wiped without a full wipe, just later on once they realize 'this mat was way too easy to get back then,' and since it's still in the game, we need to remove some or all of the gains from that era, even if they don't add in mat degradation.

Doesn't make much sense for materials to degrade over time. Cooked food or raw meats? Maybe. Could give meaning to a profession that is currently a used-once-in-a-lifetime stamina reserve generator and size changer, but even then it's just a bit of a inconvenience for the sake of being inconvenient.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I might be thinking too much lool, but...

I dunno, it's just gonna suck when dudes have all these EA mats, but I guess it is what it is.
There's a wipe which includes mats and skills and everything for launch on the 25th

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
There's a wipe which includes mats and skills and everything for launch on the 25th

I admit to skimming posts/threads, too, but usually when something seems off I go back and read it for real.

I still think they should at least keep track of the age of mats at least so they can retroactively purge/thin them.

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I might be thinking too much lool, but...

I dunno, it's just gonna suck when dudes have all these EA mats, but I guess it is what it is.
You are aware that on january 25th server will be wiped. Everyone start from zero. Like when you install fresh copy of the game. No mats or any kind of progress from EA.

Alroavin

Sep 5, 2020
Yes, that's a great idea. However, because of its introduction, the online will begin to fall at a rapid pace.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You are aware that on january 25th server will be wiped.

This is a true statement. haha. BUT CHECK THIS!!

Was just reading a steam thread about how the game isn't ready for release and nobody wants to pay a sub, zzz same crap, but it did make me remember that they never wiped MO1. I dunno how to handle the issue of raw gold, but I feel like the game isn't gonna be even close to balanced for at least a year

This is BETA. I think persistence is EA. But that's just me. If you think the game is releasing as a full game then that's cool, but I apologize for using confusing words; however, in context, it should have made sense. EA was from steam where I was discussing that the game prol was EA still w/ a sub and I wasn't mad at that. But yea I'd call this last phase closed beta. I think it was just listed as EA under steam, and the whole persistent release lends to that title.

I was simply saying that people are gonna stack up on mats in ways that can last than 4ever in this state of the game, and that kind of sucks for when the game DOES get balanced, and we know MO isn't gonna wipe. So, more thoroughly, that's what I was saying in the OP. Maybe the degrade idea was bad, but again, I think that the 'marking' mats so that they can be dealt with later if people were seen to have gained too many in this state, is a GOOD IDEA, so they can prune. I don't like the idea that people can get mats in (I've avoided using this word because it's not EXACTLY that, but it's like fishing was or maybe still is if people figure out the right way) 'exploitative' ways due to the very unfinished nature of the game.

Edit: so yes I overthought a solution to a problem when there are other, easier, means. I see that now!

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Is any MMO ever 'finished' when it releases? Isn't inevitable that there will be cheesey ways to obtain certain things in the game that was not intended by the developers? I'd say look at the history of MMOs and the answer is clearly yes.

I understand your concern, and it does suck for people who join in later.

That said, the best thing about this game is that it doesn't really matter if you have 10 stacks of chronite sitting in the bank. If you walk out with a full set of chronite armor you are not a living god, you can die and have it stripped off your corpse by someone who has never touched tephra in their entire game time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Is any MMO ever 'finished' when it releases? Isn't inevitable that there will be cheesey ways to obtain certain things in the game that was not intended by the developers? I'd say look at the history of MMOs and the answer is clearly yes.

I understand that you are trying to make a point, and it is a decent point, but the way MO is just separates it heavily. It's exponentially worse. This ain't a AAA game. This is a bare bones, horses don't even have stats games that is going to have persistent mats as it goes through what cannot be called anything but EA... well or PERSISTENT RELEASE. There isn't even going to be siege in the game, supposedly.

And I think that solving said problem matters even in games that are more polished at the start. However, in MO, it matters more. IMO of course. I'm never gonna be on the same mat level as others, but I still would prefer that they were able to fix those things without wiping cuz I know they'll never rewipe when the game is actually finished. But I do imagine in about 1 year MO2 will be a fleshed game.