I saw that they were going to play test TC!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I was surprised enough that I wanted to drop this off.

This is my idea. This is what I got. Dono how much it will affect me, but please, grab a drink and skim.

Let us assume the TC play test goes well and that they are going to launch TC with sub.

I say, AT THAT POINT, they should launch a second server. It'd be nice if the server was somewhere else, but let's assume worse case that it's not.

Now, you have two (2) servers! The second new server will be FRESH and WIPED to release state except for some of the essential balance fixes that nobody really disagrees with, for instance MA wobble and extraction timers. No new magic schools, no trinkets, no beast mastery (rip,) no tower shields, NO MOVING CASTING YEA U KNEW IT WAS COMING... etc.

I'd also delete Haven for it and increase zombie/animob clade, but that's just me. Haven is an exploit waiting to happen and is fucking up early game economy. I ain't gotta play test to know THAT.

Basically, it can be A SECOND RELEASE OF THE GAME. There will still be the original server w/ all the goodies, and when the 2nd server inevitably becomes overloaded, they can shut it down without offending people (because getting a sandbox off the ground the right way is actually important?) ... and they can still derp around on the ridiculously imbalanced (since like day 5) original that they said they would NEVER WIPE.

THEN, they can use this new play testing idea... and, y'know... thinking, to reintroduce the content over time (and imo make it more accessible.) I think they will be surprised by how base gam + TC is enough to bring players, enough to crash the server manytim. But it won't be as bad because people can still go over to the "other server." Some people will still want their 10k hour pixels on server 1, but I think people would migrate to the 2nd server quickly, especially with the chance that they could make the game a bit closer to 'good.' Start w/ siege, start w/ TC, FRESH OUT OF BETA...?!?!

I do know this is on the list of things that will NEVER HAPPEN, but it... makes so much sense? The only downsides are... cost of a second server that isn't just a mirror that gets tangled w/ server 1, and people who might want more content on release.

Nobody should be mad cuz they can still stack blocks on blocks on server 1 with all the rushed, improperly tested content... if that's what they want. BUT, as I said, I am pretty sure you guys would be surprised at how popular the fresh server would be, and how it would allow things to 'go well,' especially with a back up.

Play testing, though... shit is real.

Peace

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
They already have wiped servers ready to go. The alternate servers that they used for the influx of people shortly after launch. There are no buildings there and you cant make any. All they have to do is turn them on. Just flick a switch. That easy.

It will happen when TC comes because the amount of people coming back will crater the main server. Trying to play on the main server will be next to impossible.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
We can't have a good thing like a new server at TC launch. That just makes too much sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Gnidex

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They already have wiped servers ready to go. The alternate servers that they used for the influx of people shortly after launch. There are no buildings there and you cant make any. All they have to do is turn them on. Just flick a switch. That easy.

It will happen when TC comes because the amount of people coming back will crater the main server. Trying to play on the main server will be next to impossible.

lol if you believe that, TC has already failed.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, either, but that's a failure. "You can't build there, but..."

and furthermore, you guys remember alt servers? They were tied. They had to be. That's why you'd have to log into main to get your pet back or whatever. That means that the chances of TC interactions "bleeding thru" like stuff used to do with sardu and other strange glitches is very high. The thing about SV is it seems like they do the same stuff, so it's easy to expect the same outcomes. You remember that, being in sarducca and it was like "you are in x" territory, but it was a place in Myrland. If you ask yourself how it is possible, think about 'alt servers' (da bridge,) it begins to make sense, and you realize that would fuck up TC launch regardless.

Yo, the only thing that this would take is for them to actually set up a unique second server. I dunno about what that costs, but the other servers weren't unique IMO, that's why they glitched. They were alts and none of that stuff is gonna be 'wiped.' I'm saying a server to start at the point where the game should have started years ago.

And, again, keep your alts, keep your 'regular' main server... let all that shit just splash against the fan. But THE NEW SERVER, when stuff starts going wild ON IT, you can shut it down. There will be attrition, even if 10,000 people start to play. People will give up. The key is to protect that so that nothing like what happened at launch ever happens again. Just shut it down when stuff is going ape shit, and while it's not ideal... nobody wants to play on alt servers, most people know their main server now is compromised by massive BS, but they could still play MO and mess around, the devs could still learn about problems, come up with ideas based on what happened there, even if the shiny-new server was not functioning.

They could have much less pressure and be able to take said server down with the backups, while preserving HOPE and INTEGRITY(?) for the main server.

Afterward: I'm pretty fkn done with SV. It's a disease that people get when they play MO, popping up to see like... what's going on with MO. The fact that they are play testing now is a big deal. Pub play test wow. I'm not wishing for SV to crash n burn, like I said this is free advice. DIMES. It makes so much sense that I had to post it, but yes, there is risk involved (the cost of server, for instance,) but there ARE gonna be people there. More than 1 server worth, as you said, so even on that level it makes sense. It's almost mind blowing how much sense it makes. haha. It's almost like... how can they not do it, but yea... they won't, likely.

Fucking TC launch with alt servers and no TC. MUH HEART. MUH BRAIN. EEEEE - strokes out -

But ye, movin' on. Just wanted to address that because I dunno if you understood what I was saying, and for all you people who still play MO, I really hope what you said doesn't happen. That would be awful.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
We may get a public test server at some point.

But I would expect it to have all features of the live game plus the new stuff.

Then everything can be tested as it will be on live.

I also think that they will be prepared to use alt servers again on Epic release.

It is not completely ideal but it is better than everyone not being able to get in the game for days again.

If they was ever to do a separate vanilla type server then I am sure it would be far in the future.

Since that would basically mean Henrik has given up on his vision of one world with one history.

I think they still have high hopes for the Epic U5 release.

So they are probably not going to stray far from the planned path at this time.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If there is a second server it would in all likelihood be Sarducaa but based in the US.

The alt servers were a stop-gap measure and depending on how the increased server capacity with Epic Release holds up, they may or may not turn them back on.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hi. I'm not satisfied with these answers, other input? And that's nothing vs you two. I welcome re-input if you guys wanna put some thought into it. Where am I going wrong?

I think they need to appeal to more than a core 500 people. It would be different if they couldn't, like the US server thing, really think yall getting led by that one.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I just want them to open an NA server so that I can say "I told you so" when it has majority of the population. Its really not normal for an NA player to want to pay a monthly subscription to a "skill based full loot MMO" when the server is halfway across the world. We are all just the exception. There is/was a large potential population to bring to the game.

Oh and fuck off with the "ping normalization" scam.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I just want them to open an NA server so that I can say "I told you so" when it has majority of the population. Its really not normal for an NA player to want to pay a monthly subscription to a "skill based full loot MMO" when the server is halfway across the world. We are all just the exception. There is/was a large potential population to bring to the game.

Oh and fuck off with the "ping normalization" scam.

Logically, it's obvious. There are so many things that are illogical or close to illogical while also being coincidentally similar to other 'close' to illogical events.

There is one flaw in the thought of the PVP community, and I think you guys know it now. It's cool to be able to 1v1, but if you wanna 1v1 put on some wack armor. This shit needs to be slaughterhouse. That's how it would be fun, even without ping normalization. The problem is RHYTHM. If people get into rhythm I believe they can create stuff worth taping and putting online which is, basically, the gold standard of a game online. How its held in that regard. Nobody but sweatlords, haha, for the forum, but nobody watching those vids, man. Nobody is trying to be like OHH that's awesome. Show me a guy 1v3 just body bagging people and dudes will be like woah. But there def requires to be rhythm, if you are in rhythm, you don't have to see what's going on every moment, you're just playing. It'd be NICE if it was different, but it's not.

Anyway, the logical answer to the why no NA server thing is that SV doesn't want to fuck with the FEDS. Getm!!