I need input from other Fishers, Fishing depth bug?

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
So I have multiple times now found myself some very nice sheer drops off of islands, lakes, etc. However this does not matter, it will say I hit the bottom if I do not cast far enough. I do not know if this is because the distance to the bottom is not detecting properly, or I fear an even worse theory, that the depth you can throw is directly tied to how far you cast.

Now to explain what I mean by the second theory. What could potentially be happening is that you get a "range" that you can cast within for it to read whether or not you hit the bottom. This is rendered null and void if your depth is actually going to hit the bottom. However if you are fishing in a really deep area and somehow managed to be in a position to "Short cast" you will be subject to this restriction. What I can currently gauge is something like this.

Assuming you are casting right next to a sheer dropoff that is 2-3 thousand cm deep from the start.

after 300cm you need to charge your cast about 25% and this works until you pass 500cm.

After 500cm you need around 45% and this works until you pass 700cm.

After 700cm you need around 50% and this works until you pass 1400cm.

To be clear these are at best estimations as its really difficult to get accurate casts each time. This could all be fantasy numbers that I latched onto, I am open to being wrong.

So my question to other fishers would be, do you notice this sort of problem where you frequently fish, and if so do you believe its the former, latter, or some alternative theory that is causing the problem?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I haven't fished since release, but in beta i did a TON of fishing on the north edge of the map. I was RIGHT on a cliff side that went so far down i couldn't touch the bottom before i died. And could fish at max depth with short casts without a problem

Might just be bugs with the individual water volumes? I know there's volumes of water just completely missing in the ocean.

Also i haven't checked since release but GK lake used to be missing the entire bottom 1/2 of the water volume, you could just walk around down there. Might be something like that in the water you're fishing?

Aitan

Jan 30, 2022
I know exactly what you are referring to. Some places it is like instead of the depth going straight down its on a slope. It is ondoubtley locations. They missed when programming plenty of rocks outside Meduli, making it not to fun to fish there.