I just tired of all the tedious time wasting in this game.

wpmaura

Oct 19, 2021
Yep...no way this is released properly in January. They need to put another year into the development, everything feels rushed and half baked for a pay check rn.

I am. Enjoying this game more then nwo.. Only. Thing. I find annoying is weight gain system but that's going away or changing it sounds like.

D

Dracu

I simply had to come back after seeing this thread randomly just on an off chance of seeing how the forums were doing.

It's quite laughable how people are actually attempting to laugh off and poke fun at a guy not wanting to play. Perhaps this is the same player mentality and sheep like behavior which killed the game prior to this one, no?

Even though this individual focuses on such ideas as reserves and food - he makes a very important point about this game - it is obnoxiously filled with tedious, pointless grinds which end up being done either AFK or involving as little as 10% of your full attention.

Really, think about it.

When you gather things you stand still and there is no interaction. You simply wait for the resources to fill your bag. No mini game, no movement. Just press the gather button and walk away.

Farming creatures? You just bug them out or break their LoS so that they can't hit you.

Oh you wish to go from Fabernum to Meduli? That'll take you hours to do so, with no content in between the two along the way.

The combat? It feels like they're taking a New World approach and casualizing anything they can about it so that anyone can pick it up and feel like they're able to fight - yet there is one server which causes massive latency differences between players. (Combat balanced around ping is ridiculous anyway).

Armor crafting, weapon crafting, any kind of crafting is just spamming repeats of items that aren't worth using.

The AI is bland, boring, and broken. I've seen it used in PvP as well, wasn't that one of the big problems in the first game? I saw videos of groups of players attacking pets in the first Mortal and not kill them - I can only wonder where this'll go (Honestly seems like they're just making the same mistakes.)

I've seen a severe cut and butchering of necessary mechanics and features being put off "after launch" even though many of them are pivotal in a game like this.

The game just has so many problems and it appears Star Vault hadn't actually learned and applied their boasted 10+ years of experience. I see from time to time the CEO attempting to do positive PR on Twitch but it's mostly him playing with face rigs and showing screen shots - he strikes me like a snake oil salesmen. "Oh this game will be amazing! 40k people are waiting to play it."

I know some will read this and disagree, but I find these are the same people who would of purchased the 149 dollar package and felt playing this entire time from "alpha" to "beta" that they've had their money's worth out of it even though all this time it has revealed the game is still clearly in an alpha state and is crazy for even considering a launch date so soon.

But, I digress. I find no matter how much time Star Vault irons out their bugs and brings in new and essential features and mechanics - they lack the ability to properly introduce things, balance them, and above all make them fun.

This game will have an initial boon in population upon steam release but I don't see it lasting very long and closely resembling the Mortal Online 1 steam chart numbers and patterns.

Players will not go for single server MMO's where your character, items, and time is at risk. Only the truly dedicated (and frankly rose tinted glass wearers) and delusional who think as time goes on things will simply "work out" or "get better", I implore you to look into the history of Mortal and Star Vault.

Yours Truly,
Lord Hair Remover
Splitter of Wigs, Remover of Hair, and Eternal Ruler of Gaul'kor

Rest in peace DUKENUKEM - Only those of a wise mind know your untimely demise was simply but a PR stunt to calm the troubled waters.
Chill its just beta, everything will be amazing on release! Game is perfect

Reactions: Tzone
Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
Chill its just beta, everything will be amazing on release! Game is perfect

I'm sure the players will be rolling in by the thousands when they figure out they have to buy the game, subscribe to the game and finally realize they only have one character and get told to be somewhat self sufficient or to lessen the 'grind' on yourself that you need a second account (Granted with MO1 you had 4 slots to an account, which is worth more then 1 character who has more skill points) then with the cherry on top that if they're not an EU player they can expect issues in their gameplay from PvE to PvP.

Sorry but I just don't see this game succeeding with the constant promising of doing better only to completely lie to save face at the time.

When they add servers and begin balancing things such as the combat properly rather then to compensate for people with 300 ping - I'll believe they've changed. But I doubt it highly.

Reactions: Dracu and Jatix

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I dunno how you can still be saying like ships soon or w/e haha.
I wonder if anyone you addressed with this comment does what you describe.

I post a few statements under the heading of (*ahem*-- that cough is going around) Stuff Henrik Says:

(and here's a sample)

Sailing System
The Mortal Online 2 Sailing System will be based on real life. Small Boats to very huge Ships are all possible, as well as some very enormous giant sea monsters that can eat your whole Ship along with the crew.

... the lack of "quotation marks" means it's a close paraphrase.

I can continue repeating Stuff Henrik Says in writing because
  • I want to
  • He said it
  • He didn't exactly write it down, at least not where I could see it.
  • I trust this community to question and challenge him, and to hold his feet to the fire of their choice over any issue they choose.
  • All of the above.
On a side note, if you moved out of Texas's power grid, congratulations. Just in the context of gaming alone, it seems like a win.

Reactions: Tuhtram
D

Dracu

edit2: some of you guys were here for MO1, you know what it is. haha. You know how things work by now, I dunno how you can still be saying like ships soon or w/e haha. I dunno if they are lying about things, but they def have some very hopeful staff members. They are trying to fix certain things, but it's still SV. It's still MO. Two core things that haven't changed... and remember what the basic problems associated with those two things are.
When boats first came up in discord it was mentioned as feature they wanted in mo1 and said it would come but never got in. It was just an example for all the promises made in mo1 that never get delivered. So it got picked up and brought up again and again... kinda as a joke. Then Henrik actually promised it again... imo a joke gone wrong. I dont believe boats come in... ever. I dont believe the map was made with boats in mind... at all. But well, henrik promised it coming right after carts. I hope this clears the boats talk up. Its just a joke about promises that never get delivered.
<.<

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
tbf, with the way water is handled in mo2 as opposed to mo1 due to the engine we are more likely to get boats in mo2 than we ever were in mo1. They could barely get swimming to work at a good functional state in mo1. But in a list of priorities i think boats are pretty damn near the bottom.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
I hope this clears the boats talk up. Its just a joke about promises that never get delivered.
<.<
You could be right about boats never happening. It's not absolutely predictable either way.

It does make a good joke, or at least an easy one. We've also had jokes, ever since MOq, about "when Pigs fly"-- because they really did. And so did Horses.

But Ships are not presented as a joke by @Henrik Nyström -- and he presents the idea repeatedly.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
This community is sad. You guys wonder why nobody plays the game lol. You get a patch every 3 months get a video and call it a day. When people tell you whats wrong with the game you all enable henriks terrible choices. You all are the minority of games and why mortal isn't populated. Good job henrik keep listening to your community. You'll be more successful than mo1 surely, not. Simplicity is always key, but hey I'm just passing by.
The community gets a patch every two weeks. So.... they don't let you play, for some reason, is that it?

Because you seem not to know what you are talking about, there.

BVS?

Reactions: Jatix

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
I wouldn't hold my breath for sea travel in a Mortal Online game; before all this, the only way I've ever seen someone cross an ocean was after a couple hundred people wrangled over building a bridge. Likewise, the only way I explored the entire accessible Myrland and Sarducaan coastlines involved a lot of swimming.

On the other hand, I assume good faith in MO developer utterances. Results are not guaranteed, but I do not claim an intent to deceive.
Lemme say one thing WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH A SHIP IN MO THAT'S THE DUMBEST SHIT I'VE EVER HEARD.
Thanks to the Cicatrices Bellorum, in the first iteration of Darkfall, and to Nihilanth & Apoca later on in the same game just before it was revamped,, I've seen and had lots of fun on Rafts & Ships in that game. I see no reason why it shouldn't be very similar in a Mortal game.
Unless you expand the map massively, again,
Though I grant that the DF map was massive, neither a larger map nor map of large continents are necessary for everything you can do with boats. Perhaps you are prone to virtual sea-sickness?
it is just dreaming. It's like drawing to mind an image of an MO world that is much too large to ever exist.
You are, like, dreaming that you know the size limit of the world of MO.

If Henrik et alia are just dreaming & guessing-- and they might be-- then so might you be doing the same.

[FORM]

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
If there's one thing MO1 taught me, it's that SV only adds tedious features. Get used to it or find a different game.

Reactions: Tzone

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Ships are basically a house on water, fast travel with plenty of storage. but obviously limited to rivers, connected lakes and the sea side. Much more useful when we get other continents and islands that are far away from main land. It brings aspects of pvp, if ships aren't easily sunk but capturable to an extent then they become a much sought after pvp hotspot just for that fact alone. Even if their use is limited to just travel, goods transport and fishing.

But I still think they are and should be a low priority, once we have much more content in form of other continents and islands, then they could be a good priority feature. Heck, if we get a continent that isnt connected directly in any other means than by sea to myrland that continent patch would be a good patch to try and feature a first iteration of boats. But before that it seems like a huge waste.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
the main problem with the game rn IMO is a lack of discovery content. Not tediousness. The tedious aspects ppl complain about are core sandbox elements needed to sustain non pvper population, even if they could be tweaked they are desperately needed.

But the problem is most of us know everything to know about the game for the most part. Early in MO1, before online calculators and maps, there was a mystery and discovery aspect to the game. You could kill someone and find something you didn't know about on their corpse.
Sure SV will add a lot more of this content, but the core of the game is already discovered.
I'll hop in from time to time with a pvp focus, but it's hard to stay interested for long stretches now because, ya those systems that are tedious, like cooking/reserves, have no mystery left, and are just tedious.

The second main problem rn IMO is a lack of humanoid progressively more difficult/spread out mobs for newer players to advance up to. and discover new/diverse loot. Zombies, to Bandits, to Risars is not good enough.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Ships are basically a house on water, fast travel with plenty of storage. but obviously limited to rivers, connected lakes and the sea side. Much more useful when we get other continents and islands that are far away from main land.
The seaside is a big strip of land, and players think they're going to have super-seekrit fishing spots. I see fun potential right there.
It brings aspects of pvp, if ships aren't easily sunk
Even a raft in, for instance, Darkfall, can bring you to the PvP in a lot of places that aren't expecting you, and let you disappear when you leave, if your boat can circle out to sea and then come back to pick you up and go on-- unless it's made remarkably harder than I think it should be to pull up and pull off.
but capturable to an extent then they become a much sought after pvp hotspot just for that fact alone. Even if their use is limited to just travel, goods transport and fishing.

But I still think they are and should be a low priority, once we have much more content in form of other continents and islands, then they could be a good priority feature. Heck, if we get a continent that isn't connected directly in any other means than by sea to myrland that continent patch would be a good patch to try and feature a first iteration of boats. But before that it seems like a huge waste.
Before seeing the MO2 map of Myrland, I would have said that canoes would be cool even before oceans had 'another side' or islands to which you might go, but then I saw that the rivers of the continent as it is now do not really form a system as they once did (running from beside Fabernum, down south to Amaruuk Nur, and off to the east all the way to the sea).

I predict that if parts of the rivers went Underground with a capital U (I will say I think they did), that we'll get navigable waterwarys 'Down There'-- but I'm not worried about the priority of Boats; I just assume that we will not see them in Mortal Online 2 until we see at least one more surface continent, and the Underground as well.
#MarkMyWords

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
the main problem with the game rn IMO is a lack of discovery content. Not tediousness. The tedious aspects ppl complain about are core sandbox elements needed to sustain non pvper population, even if they could be tweaked they are desperately needed.

But the problem is most of us know everything to know about the game for the most part. Early in MO1, before online calculators and maps, there was a mystery and discovery aspect to the game. You could kill someone and find something you didn't know about on their corpse.
Sure SV will add a lot more of this content, but the core of the game is already discovered.
I'll hop in from time to time with a pvp focus, but it's hard to stay interested for long stretches now because, ya those systems that are tedious, like cooking/reserves, have no mystery left, and are just tedious.

The second main problem rn IMO is a lack of humanoid progressively more difficult/spread out mobs for newer players to advance up to. and discover new/diverse loot. Zombies, to Bandits, to Risars is not good enough.

I have to disagree.

I think you'll find the biggest reason people won't stay or even give the game a try is that from the very beginning your essentially forced into the tedious circumstance which is combat is balanced to accommodate for high ping.

PvP is the most important thing to balance in this game considering you can't choose to participate in it.

I can imagine players brand new, fighting other players and losing simply because one person has the advantage at seeing things earlier and more clearly. Easy way to drive away players.

But to go to the topic of tediousness in Mortal - there is a difference between a grind and a feature being tedious and or not fun. Grinds can be fun, enjoyable, and engaging.

Sadly I don't find 'grinding' in Mortal any of these. The gathering is essentially moving & AFK, PvE is either cheesing a mob or exploiting in some way to make it tremendously easier, leveling attributes and skills are quite literally repeating the same things over and over - for everything.

"But doing things over and over is how you get better! It's called practice."

This is a video game, which opens up opportunities to pursue these things differently. Why doesn't crafting level faster when using higher tier mats? Why don't we have places in the game - like a potential buildable/ TC that is a training grounds which accelerates the speeds at which attributes and combat skills level.

Why can't players with a high number in a skill write a book which they can then sell and when purchased and read it gives perhaps a faster read speed then normal vendor books.

There are just a few creative ways to engage the player rather then make them bored playing the game.

Mortal is by large and far currently a game in which you walk for ever, ride for ever, spam macros to level skills, and AFK to acquire resources.

As for those who applaud games that put in mechanics that basically make players AFK and poke fun at those who "don't watch a video on a side" or "have something else to do" should honestly reserve their opinions as it clearly does not contribute to a better game but enables bad design and promotes very lazy, slow, boring gameplay.

I'd say all the bad time sinks and grinds could be slightly overlooked if the combat was good, or if the PvE was challenging or interesting - but they're not.

Jan 23, 2021
I am. Enjoying this game more then nwo.. Only. Thing. I find annoying is weight gain system but that's going away or changing it sounds like.
Completely agree. The travel time is meaningful. Sure, it can be boring, but when running multiple stacks of material from point A to point B, it's also an opportunity for others to intercept the shipment. Faster travel times reduce those opportunities.

I think the real issue is either (a) some older vets want MO1 with newer graphics, or (b) players are use to 'easy, flavor of the month' games where the developers are so desperate to retain players they rapidly add 'features' without consideration for the long term.

This game will be ready by January, unless some major game engine bug is introduced or discovered. It would be ready now except for the lack of content for the early game. The rapid skill gain has allowed players to quickly move to more difficult content, which is fine for testing but not a good measure of thousands of players hitting up the zombie spawns.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
If only changing engines was as easy as copy and paste. Sadly a lot of the work they have to put in, even just directly taking things from mo1 to mo2 requires reformatting as well as all calls and draws from databases have to be rewritten. And even that is oversimplifying the task.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
I read that whole bunch of shit, but I resent that @ drug addicted child. That's where I draw the line. Sometimes I legit want to talk to people 1 on 1. I suck at real life, in a lot of ways... I have a hard time learning new things when I am in an unfamiliar situation etc, but I've figured it out kind of. I feel like I can explain shit to people because of how much trouble I've had with some simple things throughout life, and if you really read my posts word for word and try to follow them, you deserve to end up where ever you end up haha.

Anyway, there is some communication block generally ON MO FORUMS, maybe it's something people come in with. Nothing in MO is overly tedious, esp in comparison to OTHER MMOS, with the one exception of making people wait 3 minutes to process a full stack. That is sadism. No one should have signed on for that, you should have bitched as hard as you did about the stam. Digress.

The only thing I can agree with on MO2 is I don't understand how they managed to port so little of the fucking game over other than the main systems WHICH THEY DID MORE OR LESS IMPROVE IN EVERY WAY minus bugs. There is a level of adjustment SV can do with what amounts to 'sliders', as we saw how the curve went from starting at 0 from stam to starting at 5 and going to... 17.4/93% ??? Those sort of changes, wait until the core game is fixed. The hitboxes are better, the handle hits are better, parries are better. Sure, there is some missing amount of force when clubbing someone or slicing them, but not enough that it isn't extremely satisfying.

I hate to break it to you but Mortal online is the very definition of leaving your game on whilst you do other things.

Someone further up also said that potentially the playerbase is veteran players wanting Mortal Online 1 but with a new 'coat of paint'. Considering I came in -not- playing Mortal Online 1 but playing with those who did extensively as well as watch many, many videos I can very safely say this also isnt what the original players wanted.

The game stalled out and became a walking simulator with boring grinds, horrible AI that was exploited to farm or cheese, walls dotting and blocking locations and sieging being one of the most tedious things to do in the game to the point players would do it at 4-5 AM (US time) just so they could avoid any fighting or defense.

I've also seen the clips of people using pets in MO1, I see that pattern repeating in MO2. Also the combat suffered in a different way. Where as I think the MO1 combat was better, but it still clearly had issues pertaining to server location. MO1 combat definitely looks better then MO2 combat, it would of just been a matter of having servers for regions rather then forcing players to play on a single server.

Why would server regions even be a problem? You could still choose where to go - so if EU players wanted to play with US players they could and vice versa.

It also gives players potentially new starts / slates. Maybe all the US players hate you and you go to the EU server and you get along with everyone.

I know some people will argue and say that kills the true meaning of a game like this, but if horrible balance, bad optimization, boring mechanics & features, and a single server with combat balanced around high ping in mind is the vision of an "amazing game" then this community is Jonestown 2.0

Just give players server regions and undo any changes which hold back the games systems due to ping.

(But I will say too, each server should have ping caps.. maybe 150 at highest).

Reactions: Dracu and For Sure

agui

May 31, 2020
You right on your point.

I need to say about this game is turning to be a huge time sinck without any actual content ... impressive.

If Sv is actually copying pasting mostly of the core of mo1 on mo2 with some minimum changes ... they should by now had add more things.

And , offcourse, all skill rising should be faster ... we dont have level on this game like new world.... but you feel much more doing skmething meaninfull in new world then in mortal ... that you are upgrading your player.

Imagine a hardcore (full drop) pvp/pve game first person as mortal , but much more fast paced ... faster skill progression ... full of content that gives good loot (dungeons or bosses or monsters)... easy to move around taming low level mounts (hyge number of spwans) ... maybe even a teleport like in new world (with some costy material you should spent to teleport - azeroth-) .... teleport to houve or a in like new world ... without needing to die to move around.

Fact is we are in 2021 .... nobody has time to waste ... and mortal have the throphy of the game that waste most of your time in anything u do FOR ABSOLUTE NOTHING... revamp that thing now ....

Reactions: Tuhtram