I have some questions about the game

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
1. At the beginning you can log into MYRLAND_main1, alt1, al2 - what is it for?
2. In the case of a spear what is blunt dmg? left, right, overhead, thrust?
3. How to get the end-game gear? Do we have to craft or it just drops from PvE events?
4. Why can we have only 1 character?
5. Do not understand this system "autofix your skill points" when reached 100. The game cannot do it automatically? What are points spent on if get reached 100?
6. I can block with a weapon. What do I gain if have a shield? Just save the durability of my weapon?

Thank you.

LM Tychon

Jul 19, 2020
Myrland Main is the main server. The alt1 and alt 2 were additional servers utilized during release because of high traffic.
End game gear is crafted, but some materials used to craft this can be obtained as drops.
We have 1 character because this is how the game is intended to be played. You have profession points and action points to help give multiple purposes to single characters.
The autofix your skill points is to help save on points when a skill reaches say, 95, but has a +5 attribute bonus so reaches 100. It is meant to lock it at 100.
You can block with a weapon. A shield provides a larger blocking area and I believe it saves on weapon durability.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
2. Spear thrust does piercing damage, left/right does slash, overhead does blunt (if I'm not mistaken).

6. A shield allows you to block arrows, weapons only block melee attacks.

A shield allows you to shove opponents much further compared to a regular push.

Having a tower shield equipped on your back also turns you into a kind of human turtle, as all attacks landing on it become equipment hits.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
2. Spear thrust does piercing damage, left/right does slash, overhead does blunt (if I'm not mistaken).
This is incorrect. Left right and overhead do blunt + slash damage. Otherwise maces and axes would totally suck. Axes are fairly even blunt and slash, while swords have a bit more slash and way less blunt. But an axe hits more damage with all 3 swings. Also look at maces, if left and right did slash and no blunt they would hit complete crap.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
5. Do not understand this system "autofix your skill points" when reached 100. The game cannot do it automatically? What are points spent on if get reached 100?

Thank you.
To expand on this point a bit.
The game doesnt automatically do it because Primary skill point bonuses are effected every time you change your attributes (strength, dex, con,etc) al well as your weight.

If it did it automatically it could remove a bunch of primary skills whenever you lose /gain weight for example, which can happen by mistake if you die too many times or if you eat too much fat food . This can get very annoying if its a hard primary skill to grind back up to 100.

So instead of automatically changing your skill points whenever you increase/decrease any attribute/weight, it gives you a button to do it manually if you so wish to.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
3. How to get the end-game gear? Do we have to craft or it just drops from PvE events?
Most "end-game" gear is defined by the materials used. The skillbooks and materials to make certain types of armor considered "end game" are gated behind boss drops like the minotaur king and the spider queen. The drops in this game don't work like WoW for example, all the gear you will use will be crafted by players except spell scrolls/books and trinkets.
4. Why can we have only 1 character?
This is a money making scheme pushing the players towards buying additional accounts so that they make more money off of the players until the sub is turned on. Currently this is the game's box price which can be a lot cheaper if you find the right country on your VPN.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This is a money making scheme pushing the players towards buying additional accounts so that they make more money off of the players until the sub is turned on. Currently this is the game's box price which can be a lot cheaper if you find the right country on your VPN.
This isnt the actual reason by the way.

Originally the first game let you have up to 4 characters per account. However that meant that most people had 2 or 3 accounts with 8 to 12, or more characters. Even more when the free 2 play accounts came on.

This generated a lot of issues such as: offline boulder holding characters(ninja sieging), scouting characters just parked all over the map, characters logged off at bosses, blue characters that supported red characters, spy characters, characters logged off inside enemy keeps, storage characters logged off in convenient locations, having pvp characters logged off in every city so no need to travel to find pvp. Duping with one character, then deleting that character and re-rolling so as not to get caught. Also a lot of people were able to be self sufficient with 2 accounts. And on an on like that.

All his and more was just not the vision that SV had for the game. They wanted people to be invested in their one character and this just isnt the case when you have 8 or more characters. The murder system is also totally useless if you can just log onto one of your other 8 characters.

So thats why they went with only 1 character. Of course people still have 2 or 3 or even more accounts today. However that is still a lot less characters for each player.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
This isnt the actual reason by the way.

Originally the first game let you have up to 4 characters per account. However that meant that most people had 2 or 3 accounts with 8 to 12, or more characters. Even more when the free 2 play accounts came on.

This generated a lot of issues such as: offline boulder holding characters(ninja sieging), scouting characters just parked all over the map, characters logged off at bosses, blue characters that supported red characters, spy characters, characters logged off inside enemy keeps, storage characters logged off in convenient locations, having pvp characters logged off in every city so no need to travel to find pvp. Duping with one character, then deleting that character and re-rolling so as not to get caught. Also a lot of people were able to be self sufficient with 2 accounts. And on an on like that.

All his and more was just not the vision that SV had for the game. They wanted people to be invested in their one character and this just isnt the case when you have 8 or more characters. The murder system is also totally useless if you can just log onto one of your other 8 characters.

So thats why they went with only 1 character. Of course people still have 2 or 3 or even more accounts today. However that is still a lot less characters for each player.
What's the point of limiting players to just 1 slot when you can have multi accounts? The box price. The whole mumbo jumbo about "muh immersion" goes right out the door the next time game catapults you into the air on your horse.

Everything you said about mules and etc is still possible with multiple accounts. If they actually wanted to stop it there are ways beyond the approach that makes them more money.

Reactions: Jatix

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
What's the point of limiting players to just 1 slot when you can have multi accounts? The box price. The whole mumbo jumbo about "muh immersion" goes right out the door the next time game catapults you into the air on your horse.

Everything you said about mules and etc is still possible with multiple accounts. If they actually wanted to stop it there are ways beyond the approach that makes them more money.
Yes it is stil possible but its less likely than before.

If you take box price(say 25$) and the eventual sub(15$) having 8 characters now would cost you roughly 200$ In box price + 120$ a month is subscriptions. Thats very expensive for your average gamer.

It used to cost 50$ in box, and 30$ is subs.

So yea it is still possible, but most people will not do it. They may have 2 or 3 accounts active but thats still a lot less mules than before. It doesnt fix everything but it does make it very expensive for those that want those mules.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
We have 1 character because this is how the game is intended to be played. You have profession points and action points to help give multiple purposes to single characters.
So it means if I have at cap 120 STR and 80 INT on Thursar and after some time desire to be a mage...
I will be as good as other mages are? As efficient with statistics, I did not establish at the very beginning?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
So it means if I have at cap 120 STR and 80 INT on Thursar and after some time desire to be a mage...
I will be as good as other mages are? As efficient with statistics, I did not establish at the very beginning?
Sadly no. The max cap of attributes cannot be exceeded (except for the bonuses you get from weight).

So a Thursar will never have as much Int as Heugar. A Heugar will never have as much dex as Vheela, etc. each race is best suited for a specific role.

If you want the best mage you’ll have to re-roll and pick a new race.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
If you want the best mage you’ll have to re-roll and pick a new race.

Yes, I understand everything you have written about using multiple characters on one account and... entirely agree with you and your decision to let them create only one.
Because of cheaters players like me must suffer and have only 1 character.

I saw SV banned some accounts for so-called bagging. My question is: why do you give this opportunity in the game to let them do it? Why have cheaters access this part of the code and can control this mechanism?

I do not know how is here but Blizzard solved it by keeping everything on their servers so in practice it means that our characters belong to Blizzard and are NOT ours. So players cannot modify anything on the host side.

I do not believe I am writing that but Mortal 2 Online is the first MMORPG better than WoW. I took 20 years to defeat the king:)
I wish myself only a better and more efficient criminal system. You avoid making nicks redder in time AND now I do not know whom to kill during mining, fishing or afk :))

If some1 got killed and reported to the priest, the murderer should be a murderer at once, why wait for 5 kills? Murderer is murderer. If some1 kills my horse only for fun why do you support such pricks? Maybe he should get an icon and everyone else could kill him with no cosequences anywhere?

These people make you game hard to play. As you wrote: offline boulder holding characters(ninja sieging), scouting characters just parked all over the map, characters logged off at bosses.

Do not support idiots because it's not PVP. I am not against the rules - I write only mark them, let everyone to know who they are - like everyone knows who is Adolf Hitler. So the right players would know whom to kill during mining etc.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm totally not gonna use this thread to derail and bitch about tower shields.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Yes it is stil possible but its less likely than before.

If you take box price(say 25$) and the eventual sub(15$) having 8 characters now would cost you roughly 200$ In box price + 120$ a month is subscriptions. Thats very expensive for your average gamer.

It used to cost 50$ in box, and 30$ is subs.

So yea it is still possible, but most people will not do it. They may have 2 or 3 accounts active but thats still a lot less mules than before. It doesnt fix everything but it does make it very expensive for those that want those mules.
Funny, you say it's not a moneymaking scheme but in your last sentence you mention the cost being the only barrier.
If you think 40€ is a lot to a sweaty player let me introduce you to the world of VPNs where you can get the game for 4$ if you buy it off an argentinian steam account. The game is also on sale atm or was recently for 25€. Dunno who you are interacting with but the majority of "serious" players have at least 1 alt, negating the whole "vision" with just one move.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes, I understand everything you have written about using multiple characters on one account and... entirely agree with you and your decision to let them create only one.
Because of cheaters players like me must suffer and have only 1 character.

I saw SV banned some accounts for so-called bagging. My question is: why do you give this opportunity in the game to let them do it? Why have cheaters access this part of the code and can control this mechanism?

I do not know how is here but Blizzard solved it by keeping everything on their servers so in practice it means that our characters belong to Blizzard and are NOT ours. So players cannot modify anything on the host side.

I do not believe I am writing that but Mortal 2 Online is the first MMORPG better than WoW. I took 20 years to defeat the king:)
I wish myself only a better and more efficient criminal system. You avoid making nicks redder in time AND now I do not know whom to kill during mining, fishing or afk :))

If some1 got killed and reported to the priest, the murderer should be a murderer at once, why wait for 5 kills? Murderer is murderer. If some1 kills my horse only for fun why do you support such pricks? Maybe he should get an icon and everyone else could kill him with no cosequences anywhere?

These people make you game hard to play. As you wrote: offline boulder holding characters(ninja sieging), scouting characters just parked all over the map, characters logged off at bosses.

Do not support idiots because it's not PVP. I am not against the rules - I write only mark them, let everyone to know who they are - like everyone knows who is Adolf Hitler. So the right players would know whom to kill during mining etc.
Its true that the new flagging system is more forgiving, and kind, to murderers.as well as convoluted and confusing for new players.

The old system, in MO1, was much more simple and brutal. You would still get murder counts, but after 5 of them your flag turned red and guards would attack you on sight. Once red, players could attack you anywhere and not turn grey. This besically meant that red players couldnt enter any guarded town, and were free kills anywhere on the map. It was very tough to play as a red character. it took 8 hours ingame time to get rid of each murder count.

However, the community complained to no end because if you pvped often there was a very good chance you would turn red, especially in guild vs guild wars. It was a constant struggle to stay blue. Also a lot of players like to RPK.

This new system tried to soften the penalty for “red” players by hiding their red flag, and allowing for many more murder counts before the guards attack you on sight. Also parcels to restore your standing. Its very forgiving to RPKs.

I myself like the old system. It was punishing for RPKs and it was easy to distinguish a dangerous player( they had a red flag). It was simple and straight forward. All they needed was a better war declaration system for guild vs guild conflicts. Instead we got this…

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnidex

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
the community complained to no end because if you pvped often there was a very good chance you would turn red, especially in guild vs guild wars. It was a constant struggle to stay blue.

Understand.

Guild Wars are temporary, aren't they? So maybe let them declare for 2 hours or 8h (whatever) that members of 2 (or more) guilds can kill each other with impunity.

In this way we would avoid creating instances, guilds still could fight each other in an open world and we could come back to red nicks?

If the red nick wants to be blue again, it should give a charter to every person who reported him (might be via e-mail) to sign "forgive". Victims may want gold, items, or whatever in return or just choose not to sign.

I saw a lot of movies on yt, about how they kill afk players, kill horses etc. In WoW they did the same - 50+lev came to 20lev zones and thought it was pvp.
I like pvp, i am not against the rules. I only suggest that players should be marked to society. I also want to know whom to attack while mining, fishing, afk...and never would do it to a random player only because some1 else did it to me.