I have an addiction (WAGONS!)

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
I am sure Torden is going to chime in here and agree that I have an unhealthy addiction to wagons. But I would like to put this out here in hopes that someone has thought of a way for them to be viable in mortal. Will anyone use a wagon to move resources? Speed is everything in mortal, so moving resources in a wagon seems like suicide (assuming they will be much slower than a horse).

Some thoughts that I had that MIGHT make wagons somewhat viable for large scale transportation of resources:

- I think they need to be able to carry way more than even a molva can carry (on the order of 100 stacks, I would say)
- You should be able to have room for other players to be on the wagon with you (maybe one next to you on the driver seat and then either on top of the wagon or inside). This would allow for defending yourself with arrows/magic.

Curious to see the thoughts on this. Maybe the devs have already thought of some things?

war wagon.PNG

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Long time ago Henrik mentioned a new continent with many islands instead of a mainland. Boats may come with this "continent". In the current continent, Myrland we have islands at the south coast only. And all islands can be reached easily by swimming at least with full swimming skill. There is no need for boats in Myrland.

But wagons in Myrland would be great. And another nice feature is the second rider, means on a large horse the main rider could transport a second player. On larger animals e.g. campodons we could even get a transport platform for more players.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
We used to have “wagons” (aka slow moving brown things that could carry a shit ton of weight).
Im talkimg about mulvas with bags of course. But yea, with herding you could have multiple mulvas with bags and it was pretty much like having a wagon….slow ass pignats just waiting to get ganked, just like a wagon would be 😆

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
henrik says a lot of things. they may get added sometime but i wouldnt get your hopes up for them arriving anytime soon. likely it will be years

-barcode

Well I hope you are wrong! Wagons and boats are probably my two most hoped for things. Boats will only really be awesome if they add semi-realistic sailing mechanics like valheim or sea of thieves.

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
Long time ago Henrik mentioned a new continent with many islands instead of a mainland. Boats may come with this "continent". In the current continent, Myrland we have islands at the south coast only. And all islands can be reached easily by swimming at least with full swimming skill. There is no need for boats in Myrland.

But wagons in Myrland would be great. And another nice feature is the second rider, means on a large horse the main rider could transport a second player. On larger animals e.g. campodons we could even get a transport platform for more players.

I think boats, even on just myrland, would extremely useful. Imagine the resource transportation from Meduli to GK to Toxai.

I like the idea of platforms on top of molvas and campodons!

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Wagons are going to be pretty important for sieges. So we'll probably already see them by the time sieging has seen some major progress. Which means we need to see castles and walls before that happens. :p

I mean in MO1 there were two main factors why sieging was a drag. One being that it took a long time(which makes sense for asset destruction when you can do it on off times, which people usually did) and the second is that hauling the boulders for the siege engines was an absolute nightmare, even just having space for the boulders and managing a continuous feed of them to the engines was something that made point one even worse with how time consuming sieging a keep was.

Wagons, especially since we won't see a return of boulder holders with the new login and logout mechanics will make sieging a lot better, and maybe this time around sieging will take just a little bit less time to do since the setup is more direct and less sneaky and backstabby. But who knows.

Reactions: Xunila and Diocles

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
Wagons are going to be pretty important for sieges. So we'll probably already see them by the time sieging has seen some major progress. Which means we need to see castles and walls before that happens. :p

I mean in MO1 there were two main factors why sieging was a drag. One being that it took a long time(which makes sense for asset destruction when you can do it on off times, which people usually did) and the second is that hauling the boulders for the siege engines was an absolute nightmare, even just having space for the boulders and managing a continuous feed of them to the engines was something that made point one even worse with how time consuming sieging a keep was.

Wagons, especially since we won't see a return of boulder holders with the new login and logout mechanics will make sieging a lot better, and maybe this time around sieging will take just a little bit less time to do since the setup is more direct and less sneaky and backstabby. But who knows.

This is a good observation. I do think they will be very useful for sieges!

I also want to see them being used out in the world for trading and resource transportation, but I fear that nobody will use them unless there is some distinct advantage over just using a fast mount to move your resources. I don't know. Maybe other mounts need to have their carry capacity reduced to further make wagons a must for trading/transportation. Should horse really be able to carry 500 kg?? haha

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It is going to suck if a wagon is incapacitated when one of the animals pulling it is killed.

Reactions: Diocles