I am not playing MO 2 because it appears to be excessively tribal with clunky combat

SteveMO2

Jun 19, 2021
I need to see evidence that I can create a viable lightly-armored agile character who does not need to cozy up to guilds to survive.
I donated for access to MO 2 and really enjoyed a lot of features I haven’t seen in other games so I already consider I got my money’s worth.
Three major issues:
1. Every combat video I’ve seen is heavily armored gangs of gung ho hotshots staggering around poking at each other.
2. The requirement to make a significant commitment of time to guild activities.
3. The website fails to distinguish MO2 from MO1 and is poorly organized with vague information - especially about the criminal system.
I would like to see myself and massive numbers of other players committing to MO 2, but feel the above issues are holding it back. If the Devs prefer the atmosphere with a smaller dedicated community I think that it is great to have niche games for niche audiences, but then this one is not for me.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I need to see evidence that I can create a viable lightly-armored agile character who does not need to cozy up to guilds to survive.
Henrik on discord said he wanted to fix the issue of everyone except for mages running heavy armor. He does want to get more people into light or medium armor.

The criminal systems is still being worked on and its the designers prob dont have a final version yet. Just know the crim systesm is not going to be like MO1 which the devs think that system was bad.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I donated for access to MO 2 and really enjoyed a lot of features I haven’t seen in other games so I already consider I got my money’s worth.
Three major issues:
1. Every combat video I’ve seen is heavily armored gangs of gung ho hotshots staggering around poking at each other.
2. The requirement to make a significant commitment of time to guild activities.
3. The website fails to distinguish MO2 from MO1 and is poorly organized with vague information - especially about the criminal system.
I would like to see myself and massive numbers of other players committing to MO 2, but feel the above issues are holding it back. If the Devs prefer the atmosphere with a smaller dedicated community I think that it is great to have niche games for niche audiences, but then this one is not for me.

There were more light armor types/materials and wearers in MO1, so I suppose it is their goal to have that in MO2 as well. Some of their development choices have moved most everyone away from it for now. We will see what changes they bring to try to expand roles in future.

It is sort of the same answer for guilds. You could play solo, or be quite successful with a small guild in MO1. Some of the things they have done differently this time do make that more difficult, but are hardly in their final form, and there's a lot that hasn't been put into the game yet so there is still room to hope.
I am playing solo, probably until after release, so I understand.