HYM's review of: Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.11

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Added:

• Added Morin Khur as a starting location.
  • Added new map area around Morin Khur.
  • Added aggressive AI.
  • Added defensive AI.
  • Added guard AI.
  • Bow aim method added as option in settings. (aim with crosshair or arrow tip)
  • Built new chat bubbles used by AI to communicate.
  • Added Guards to cities.
  • Added bandits to the wilderness.
  • AI can now carry and use shields .
  • AI can now carry and use bows.
  • AI can now carry and use melee weapons.

Changes:

• Charged attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
  • Increased pitch sensitivity in click-drag.
  • Updated weather.
  • Updated environment sounds.
  • Landscape optimization. (Textures, gaps, collision issues etc.)
  • Major optimization work on all UI.
  • CPU bottleneck in the UI fixed, resulting in better game performance. (Please try using DX12 again if you have been using DX11 for performance reasons.)

Fixes:

• Charge attacks can now be released before reaching the end of the charge animation.
  • Fixed bug where death and resurrect sequences would not play camera animation.
  • Fixed issues with time sync .
  • Moving AI should now more correctly follow the ground instead of hovering.
  • Nation Standings now change correctly depending on your race.
  • Nation Standings min max is now correctly calculated.
  • Nation Standing names update to better reflect the current standing .
  • Fixed a rare chat crash .
  • Fixed rare server crash .
  • Fixed issue where server could desync the time and cause major issues for all AI.
  • Fixed issue with AI seeing dead players .
  • Improved AI leash when too far away from spawner.

Known Issues:

• Logging in when dead will display equipment on self.
  • Logging in while dead and resurrecting will cause sounds to not play. (Relog once again to fix.)
  • Some static NPC's float slightly above the ground.
  • Guards and bandits do not always enter mercy mode correctly.
  • Ai has some pathing issues being worked on. (Not always taking the shortest straight path)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Morin Khur looks alright, the FPS / optimization there is pretty terrible. Look one way I get a consistent 144 FPS - look the other way and I'm dipping below 60 consistently.

I haven't explored much around Morin Khur, but it looks good from what I can tell. It just obviously needs optimizations.

The guard AI is surprisingly above average. It actually will attempt to parry your attacks in the right direction, whilst also using directional attacks. This is really cool.

The dynamic release system is a good step in the right direction for improving combat.

Immediate bugs I found?

1. Guards and NPC's will consistently speak their 'name' in their dialogue (Veteran Bandits will speak like this. "Veteran: Bandit Surrender all your goods!" where it should say "Veteran Bandit: Surrender all your good!"

2. Shadows flicker rapidly on low. This option should honestly just disable them outright IMO.

(Will update the list with more shit that I notice / find.)

Suggestions:

1. Continue to speed up the elements of combat, so far from what I've seen from player reception there has been a positive reaction to it excluding extremely high ping players (Which makes sense.) I don't think the speed increase on the 'click charge' will be enough, but it is again a good direction to start in.

2. Allow players to disable shadows entirely. The 'Low' option for Foilage basically disables foilage, and the 'Low' option for Shadows should as well. This will significantly increase performance for players.

(Will update the list with more stuff I think should go in).

Summary:

On the surface thus far, this was an okay patch. I'm still wanting more combat oriented things in - as such, I don't expect to play much of this patch either like the first one. I might log on to mess around but I don't have much interest in testing things rigorously like previously.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Bugs:

- Guards spaz out when trying to follow you, and will randomly path different directions as if running away from you; but it's because (I'd imagine) they're trying to get to you. Even in a flat area.

- Guards will hold blocks / swings randomly, even if you aren't swinging or not blocking. (As if they get stuck doing it).

- Lots of stair ways in MK seem to be phasing the NPC's, as in they go through them. Had a guard come out of the ground come at me.

- I triggered a guards ranged attacks, but even though I was in melee distance hitting him he continued to shoot me. He wouldn't switch back to melee.

- Light sources have weird green-tint reflections on armor in MK (So far that I've noticed.

- Most if not all trees in / around MK have no collision what so ever.

- Tabbing out in the loading screen is a guarantee client crash for me. (DX12)

Last edited: