Human Racial Balance - Con is King?

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Right, so taking both of these responses together, we may have Khurite and Sarducaan viable for mounted builds due to their small size. If mounted is very restrictive, Kallards, larger Thursar, maybe Sidoian, and Tindremene might be excluded from the fastest mounts. That would be great.
Sards are still too low in int for mounted mage and low in strength for MC or MA, they can be messengers, maybe. Perhaps a super light weight riding anti-fatmage cavalry? That’s a very slight role, but better than nothing I guess.
Sidoian are also tall, but have much less strength, stamina, hit points, damage bonus, and constitution, then Kallards. So, sub-optimal foot. Could be ok as a mounted mage, slightly better for MA and MC than Kallard due to size at the cost of HP.

There’s a lot of diversity “riding” on mounted and mounts, I hope they get it right.

• Haha
Reactions: Eldrath and Xunila

a.out

May 28, 2020
It´s funny to me how people can look at the current balance and then go "yes, but for mounts it´s going to be perfect".

Brainwashing in action I guess.
Well I mean .. it's called drawback. Some races might shine in one area, but suck in another. That's a pretty standard way of balancing things while still retaining meaningful and interesting differences that are not *just* numbers.

Not saying it's perfect, but instead of acting stupid, try to argue how they could do it better - without redesigning MO into your own pipe dream.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Well I mean .. it's called drawback. Some races might shine in one area, but suck in another. That's a pretty standard way of balancing things while still retaining meaningful and interesting differences that are not *just* numbers.

Not saying it's perfect, but instead of acting stupid, try to argue how they could do it better - without redesigning MO into your own pipe dream.

Reading comprehension 0.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Reading comprehension 0.
Ok then no arguments I guess.

Hint: you might have missed the important part of my post (reading comprehension): "meaningful differences that are not *just* numbers" which clearly is SV goal here.

a.out

May 28, 2020
I wasn´t making an argument. I was making an observation.
Na man you either babbeled random words, or you are hallucinating. Nobody said that mounts make balancing perfect. And claiming people are brainwashed is a simple, childish provocation.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Na man you either babbeled random words, or you are hallucinating. Nobody said that mounts make balancing perfect. And claiming people are brainwashed is a simple, childish provocation.

And we are back to the reading comprehesion.

I´ll make a more expressive for you:

If you look at the current balance that SV spend 15 years coming up with and believe that somehow mounts are going to turn out well balanced you are delusional to the degree that brainwashing seems like a reasonable explaination. If you then put the viability of a subclade squarely on the shoulders of a well executed mount system it´s piling broken things on top of broken things.

a.out

May 28, 2020
And we are back to the reading comprehesion.

I´ll make a more expressive for you:

If you look at the current balance that SV spend 15 years coming up with and believe that somehow mounts are going to turn out well balanced you are delusional to the degree that brainwashing seems like a reasonable explaination. If you then put the viability of a subclade squarely on the shoulders of a well executed mount system it´s piling broken things on top of broken things.
We are not there yet. Bitch when you actually have a reason.