Human Clade rebalance suggestion

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They are far more than diverse. They are diluted.

They *should be* diverse, I mean. Funny how those words are not too dissimilar in meaning. The deep metaphor for SV, close but not quite, in a bad way, haha.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They are far more than diverse. They are diluted.
Absolutly true. Builds are needed to min max in this game to be really good. Humans cant min max which means they are always going to be lacking.

Humans which are one of the viable hybrids are outclassed by veela hybrids because veelas can min max some parts of their builds.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
1. First of bake some attributes adding gifts together to make space for more interesting things. 12 identical placeholders is too much.
2. Double "Cleric" clade gift same way oghmirs have armor, and buff it by 1. It would end as 2x 3kg to mana regen, so 4 + 3 + 3, giving 10 armor weight of no mana regen penalty.
3. Completely new passive clade gift "Mastery" that allow humans to cast with weapons out. Or like Serverus suggested, cast with free hand while wielding 1h weapon.

I like #2 That is a brilliant idea, However I think #3 would be so fucking broken. Just on the fact that they can hold a heal and cast it right when they get hit. To then dis engage and keep their defense ready while also casting with one hand. It would be cool, But I think it would be stupid broken. Also seems pointless because nobody can cast while moving, and I think it would be a waist of time to code that in, Unless they were given the ability to cast while moving, Which would completely break the game.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Absolutly true. Builds are needed to min max in this game to be really good. Humans cant min max which means they are always going to be lacking.

Humans which are one of the viable hybrids are outclassed by veela hybrids because veelas can min max some parts of their builds.

you are extremely clueless if youre seriously suggesting veela over sheevra for a hybrid.

Alroavin

Sep 5, 2020
you are extremely clueless if youre seriously suggesting veela over sheevra for a hybrid.
Sir! What a banal appeal to personality (argumentum ad hominem)! Is it not quite obvious that apart from differences in skin color, veela are also superior to sheevra bodily, mentally, and metaphysically...?

Piet

May 28, 2020

Humans are much better than Veela at hybrid. The only reason you would ever take Veela is the speed boost. Sounds like you just don't know how to build human as they have the strongest build in the game. Not to mention better damage bonus than Ogmir second only to Thursar, the most mana regen, second best speed with that melee damage bonus, and a free self purify. Humans are OP if you know how to build them but take more thought than copy paste of meta builds from other races.

Reactions: Kelzyr and Archiel

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Humans are much better than Veela at hybrid. The only reason you would ever take Veela is the speed boost. Sounds like you just don't know how to build human as they have the strongest build in the game. Not to mention better damage bonus than Ogmir second only to Thursar, the most mana regen, second best speed with that melee damage bonus, and a free self purify. Humans are OP if you know how to build them but take more thought than copy paste of meta builds from other races.
You dont even play tho. The best Human hybrid Mr.Bandit recently made a sheeva hybrid and came to the same conclusion that alvarian makes a better hybrid. Hes most likely switching to it.

How many human hybrids are there to mention being good at PvP. The Human hybrid will just hold you back.

Piet

May 28, 2020
You dont even play tho. The best Human hybrid Mr.Bandit recently made a sheeva hybrid and came to the same conclusion that alvarian makes a better hybrid. Hes most likely switching to it.

How many human hybrids are there to mention being good at PvP. The Human hybrid will just hold you back.
Idc if 1 person thinks Alverin is better. Human is better in everything but mobility with it by far.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
elf has some of the most op gifts imo lol.

due to the way raw dex works now, there is not enough difference between the speed of the nonhuman clades and humans, even lean. It lets you spec hard into mounted tho. Could use more mounted gifts lol sry bud but mounteds are a thing. I'd like to see a + armor weight while mounted gift or like a - penalty for weapon on mount. That's a place to give them something, shoot boost their horse speed by a raw percentage like veela got haha. See how that works out.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I'm glad someone said it lol.

TheBattleBandit

Dec 29, 2021
While I agree that humans need a buff these suggests are way too far. The main Clade issue with humans is they have a ton of "Dead" Clades. These are clades that after a certain period of time have zero use period and some clades are just too weak to justify ever picking. Other races have this as well for example being told if you can find a rare material.

My personal suggestion is to give all humans +5 points and +5max dex and give the dex clade a +1% movement as the main issue with human is they are not much faster than other races and have less stamina than everyone, which the most important resource for both dealing melee damage and staying alive. The human Warcry also needs a serious buff or redesign. After those two glaring issues are fixed I think minor changes can made to make the bad or weak clades more appealing/interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xronim

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
While I agree that humans need a buff these suggests are way too far. The main Clade issue with humans is they have a ton of "Dead" Clades. These are clades that after a certain period of time have zero use period and some clades are just too weak to justify ever picking. Other races have this as well for example being told if you can find a rare material.

My personal suggestion is to give all humans +5 points and +5max dex and give the dex clade a +1% movement as the main issue with human is they are not much faster than other races and have less stamina than everyone, which the most important resource for both dealing melee damage and staying alive. The human Warcry also needs a serious buff or redesign. After those two glaring issues are fixed I think minor changes can made to make the bad or weak clades more appealing/interesting.

I thought of the 1% movement speed on the dex gift as well, talking about it with a friend. +5 attribute pool id agree with for Sido, Kall and Khur, the amount that Sard and Tind already have is solid currently. Imo giving +4 con to Tindremene, Sarducaan and Sidoian would help out since their stamina is very low and have subpar hp.

Khurite used to have a niche for the 103 stout dex in mo1, but they're barely 1% faster than a kallard/thursar while both oghmir are also 0.8% slower than most human ancestries and have a gigantic stamina bar.

D

Deleted member 44

I like my human, but I agree that some of the clades are garbage. The group one most notably.

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
I believe Henrik said on yesterdays stream that humans are completely fine. It was his statement in MO1 as well, besides them being almost non-existent in player population. RIP balanced humans in MO2 I guess

Last edited:

Nocifer Deathblade

Feb 16, 2022
Hello. I got Opportunistic clade thinking that reputation of completing task between Fab and Tindrem would increase from 2 to 4.. But I still get 2 from completing even with active Opportunistic clade on. What's going on?

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Humans a not weak but if sv will buff psy defense we would see more variety of builds

Human would be best psy fighter

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
The only issue I have with the human clade gifts are that they are all defensive. Maybe give the humans a few offensive clade gifts. Since the Thursar and Oghmir get so many its hard to choose from. A proper balance would be giving humans some more clade options.

Ideas....
Offensive Clade: Bonus 10 damage when using a sword, spear or dagger
Offensive Clade: Poison damage upon first melee attack (not anything too crazy maybe like a poisonous corruption 5hp damage per second for five seconds)
Both are op

No thanks

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Human needs more non combat things since their stats are low by default. I still think they should double up the + and +max gifts, either make them double click or combine to add a lot more flavor gifts. Same with big boned and striker. FOR INSTANCE. Excuse my paintfail. Painful paintfail.

the work in pvp, they are worse, but the bonuses you get for crafting are pretty damn good when you think about it, but they aren't good ENOUGH, imo. And if you combine the attribute + and max gifts (really w/ every clade, as well as true double gifts) you can add in more gifts, tons of areas in the game are untouched by gifts and yet they are having redundant gifts. So wack.

Edit: that +15 by ruff was meant to be up by engi.

Attachments

• humm.jpg
    humm.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 11