How to get rich for Territory Control (ssh, don't tell anyone, this will be our secret!)

MagnusRichard

Feb 2, 2023
Okay, so I... am not the best at the game.

I am relatively poor, I try to make a dollar, but the dollar doesn't come easy.

So I need an edge, I need help - desperate help - I need to figure out how to get ahead of the game, just this once.

What should I be stocking up for as we wait for territory control? Those of you that are veterans, those of you that played Mortal Online 1, you know things. You may pretend that you don't, but you do.

There will be goods, resources, that will be in great demand after the patch. I want to take my meager savings, and stock up on those goods, and sell them for extreme prices afterwards. I missed out on the ritualism and elementalism gold rushes. I know guys that made insane amounts of gold when those dropped. I don't want to miss out this time.

So tell me, veteran players, market masters, obsessive masters of the Mortal Online world.

How do I make a buck with the upcoming patch?

I know many of you are going to want to hold out on me, and I understand. But I know some of you already have your riches, and couldn't be bothered with trying -yet again- to strike it rich with a major patch. Some of you are already too wealthy to bother with such things. I also know that the market this time around will be MASSIVE. Plenty of money to go around to those that care to take risks. Surely some of you have some wisdom to impart.

PS: Please don't tell anyone else. This can be between you and me (and the denizens of this forum, I mean there aren't THAT many of us. Have pity on a poor newb without legacy trinkets or a big guild or in depth game knowledge).

Last edited:

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Territory Control will bring conflict, which means fighting. TC should kick start the economy into action. It is what a lot of us have been waiting so long for.

So you can prepare to make money out of the Territory Control features like Piet has indicated above. The siege tents will require wood, stone and metal in order to generate the ammunition to siege. In MO1 the type of wood, stone and metal made a difference when building. This doesn't seem to be a feature in MO2. Therefore any type is good. We also don't know specifically how many materials will be required. I didn't get the impression you needed to put materials in to build a siege tent, it was just the deed. The materials are only required for the tent to make the ammo.

The Territory Control system and siege system is different in MO2 to MO1, so the basic concepts are transferable but otherwise its all new to us. You are correct though, some people put in significant time researching the game and hence guard that knowledge to give them an advantage. That's the return on investment they get.

Alternatively you need to be ready to supply the goods of war in general. This might range from having pets, weapons and armour on the market ready to sell/trade, or it is the materials that players need to make those things. The other aspect of this is having those materials in the right place. So if you think Desert Horses are going to be in high demand, you might stock up on them, take some to Fab, Tindrem or MK and stockpile them ready for TC. Or there might be something like scales from the jungle that is good for armour, that you might move north.

There is no perfect answer. It's about predicting what players are going to want in certain locations and seeing if you can prepare to meet that demand.