How the War Declaration System COULD work.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
(Maybe people shouldn't have in-game guilds to join, just towns & cities to belong to... but that's a different game.)
Hard to see how that would work, too. Having a town full of people who get along stretches the imagination. :)

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021
the more i think a bout it the more i bleav that mechanic based protection for smaller gilds is a bad idea and will be exploited by greefer guilds and the like. in light of that here is my proposal.
1. we implement a tier system that will dictate the cost of war decking guilds based on the membership count of the guild rather than out right preventing it. smaller guilds cost more.
2. we implement the proposed alliance system. guilds in alliance cost less?.
3. if war decking has a affiliated cost and a formal period of declaration i would like to see a deserter status for people that drop guild during a war declaration.
4. no mutual agreement war should be WAR.
What I think this proposal will do is not preventing people from picking on small guilds, but make it financially not worth it or at least not worth doing repeatedly but still encouraging people to yours the war declaration system. In my mo1 prime most guilds did not utilize the war declaration system due to people dropping guild. So if you wanted to destroy your enemy's one had to bite the bullet and go red to do so.

Last edited:

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
TBH, there shouldn't be pvp allowed in a Blue city period. It's not healthy pvp getting fat mage nuked by 5 mages.

The real problem here is the lack of incentive to pvp. There's too many resources basically everywhere. There's not really a hot spot to pvp. It's mindless jerking off at blue city guard lines or sitting afk in gk. That's a lie, it seems to be a bit of pvp in the sewers of tinderum (now.) IMO that's the biggest problem in the game. Which given SV hasn't had any time to try other mechanics like sieges to force non consensual pvp. There's no real reason to fight other then an ego beef. Simply, the game needs a reason to fight.

I'm completely aware that the game will never be a high population game; however, If you honestly think any new players would stay in this game in its current iteration you'd be a fool. This doesn't mean we shouldn't look for growth. IMO you should give noobs a reason to leave the city.

The only thing that would actually make sense to me about a wardec would be no murder counts. It actually encourages pvp. The old school system encourages kutharas quakening. Not even mildly entertaining, unless you're far on the autism spectrum.

Also for the record, I only see about 3 bangers in this forum post. To turn blue cities into mini gk's just seems so silly.

That's the sad reality of giving players that options. Give it to the wrong hands watch that city flop and die off instantly. Your move SV.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why should you all, and Henrik, wait instead of taking @Viknuss ' suggestion to begin with? I don't understand how Star Vault thinks that mutual consent will work.
  • You know, Vik's advice for Tiers would have the side effect of making some guilds try harder to be the first big guild-- so that they'd be ready to decalre war on the second big guild. That seems like a plus.

(Maybe people shouldn't have in-game guilds to join, just towns & cities to belong to... but that's a different game.)
What did you even write?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
TBH, there shouldn't be pvp allowed in a Blue city period. It's not healthy pvp getting fat mage nuked by 5 mages.

The real problem here is the lack of incentive to pvp. There's too many resources basically everywhere. There's not really a hot spot to pvp. It's mindless jerking off at blue city guard lines or sitting afk in gk. That's a lie, it seems to be a bit of pvp in the sewers of tinderum (now.) IMO that's the biggest problem in the game. Which given SV hasn't had any time to try other mechanics like sieges to force non consensual pvp. There's no real reason to fight other then an ego beef. Simply, the game needs a reason to fight.

I'm completely aware that the game will never be a high population game; however, If you honestly think any new players would stay in this game in its current iteration you'd be a fool. This doesn't mean we shouldn't look for growth. IMO you should give noobs a reason to leave the city.

The only thing that would actually make sense to me about a wardec would be no murder counts. It actually encourages pvp. The old school system encourages kutharas quakening. Not even mildly entertaining, unless you're far on the autism spectrum.

Also for the record, I only see about 3 bangers in this forum post. To turn blue cities into mini gk's just seems so silly.

That's the sad reality of giving players that options. Give it to the wrong hands watch that city flop and die off instantly. Your move SV.

I highly agree that we need more reasons to do pvp and PVP hotspots and it would be bad for the Game if the Dungens are the only PVP Hotspots !

Here is an excerpt from my post.

Does the game have potential to get very popular ? That depends on the development. I see great potential in crafting, if SV adds more dungeons, roleplay features, gambling and boad games, more reasons for PVP and a lot of World Events. I think there is a lot of potential in the gambling games. If you can play games such as dice poker, checkers, Chess or mill with other players and be able to gamble away your money in the pub. I could imagine that many players only play the game because of that, because of the crafting and hunting, becuase they want to build their own town, keep or base and fight for terretories and power, but we will see. A good game must be fun and deliver content for all types of gamers. The PVP players, the roleplayers, the traders and the PVE adventurers on the same Server. This is exactly what SV is trying to do this time. It is important to have enough dungeons, world events and terretory controll as fast as possible to get reasons to do PVP, so that the dungeons are not the only PVP hotspots. There is a lot of feedback in this regard. I recommend SV to read it, becuase it is very important, that the Dungeons are not the only Hotspots for PVP and that they are not all located in the North ! The players need to
be distributed in different cities. We need many PVP Hotspots beside dungens, That´s the reason why the World Events and terretoy controll should have priority in the development.
In this article, I'll describe it in more detail.

https://www.mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/map-feedback-the-dungens-are-distributed-unfairly-the-way-is-too-long-from-some-cities-we-need-more-strategic-located-dungens.3200/#post-37855

In addition, we would need an Event / Quest NPC who picks out a different dungeon every week and demands items from this dungeon as a currency for different items. The Horspot dungeon should change every week. It's about creating PVP hotspots. During this time special mobs should spawn there, the boss should drop rings, special animals and monsters for taming / domination could spawn, etc. The PVP players could smash their heads there and the other dungens would be relieved. Some players just want to farm their dungeon on the weekend without getting involved in major fights and the PVP Community want more PVP Hotspots and reasons for PVP. A place
A place where they can bang their heads in all day.

That would also lead to more players wanting to build houses near each dungeon and transport items around the world. I don't think it's good when the most lucrative dungeon is farmed over and over again. This idea would bring variety. The most lucrative dungeon would change weekly.

We need reaons for PVP and that´s the reason we need the World Events before the Release !

We need the Meteor Strikes, so all Players go there and fight each other for the Materials.
We need player triggered World Events, as we had with the demon Stones in MO1. That Pillar opened Portals to the Underworld and spawned a lot of demons. That was something like an airdrop in other games. A player triggered World Event. Players should see that from far away. Maybe the weather could change to make them morevisible

The Players should go there to fight the Demons or fighting each other for the Loot. They should not be as rare as in MO1 !

The Terretory Controll is another reason for fighting. The Terretory Controll mechanics in Mortal Online 1 had some problems. The Towers were too squishy. They got destoyed too fast.

Everyone on the server got a message when such a tower was attacked in MO1, but unfortunately they got destroyed far too often far too quickly before a huge battle broke out. Another problem was that some players just hit the towers and then ran away. That's why a repeating message is needed. Every time the tower loses 1% hitpoints this massage should be repeated in the global Chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: For Sure

Tzone

May 16, 2021
@Anabolic Man Well the crafting only looks good at a superficial glance. You then realize that there is no real depth. But new players wont realized that until later.

Dungeons are kinda boring if there is no PvP, so why would more be a benefit when people don't care about dungeons already. The farm there is nothing special. Unless you force people to go there by making everywhere else horrible for gold when upkeep makes gold actually valuable I dont see people caring about it except to kill sight seers. The queen is the best boss so far and you fight it a couple of times then stop caring about it.

AI being bad for these T2s is also a reason. Its pretty much just comes down to out DPS the boss.

The main thing this game has going for it is that its full loot PvP with no flagging. Maybe they cant look at BDO who had extremely brain dead PvP but still got people to go out and farm. The best thing about BDO was fighting over resources, which were mobs. The PvE was more about trying to find the quickest way to not waste your time on them. The only challenge was fighting others off of the PvE.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
@Anabolic Man Well the crafting only looks good at a superficial glance. You then realize that there is no real depth. But new players wont realized that until later.

Dungeons are kinda boring if there is no PvP, so why would more be a benefit when people don't care about dungeons already. The farm there is nothing special. Unless you force people to go there by making everywhere else horrible for gold when upkeep makes gold actually valuable I dont see people caring about it except to kill sight seers. The queen is the best boss so far and you fight it a couple of times then stop caring about it.

AI being bad for these T2s is also a reason. Its pretty much just comes down to out DPS the boss.

The main thing this game has going for it is that its full loot PvP with no flagging. Maybe they cant look at BDO who had extremely brain dead PvP but still got people to go out and farm. The best thing about BDO was fighting over resources, which were mobs. The PvE was more about trying to find the quickest way to not waste your time on them. The only challenge was fighting others off of the PvE.

I love doing dungeons. If you find them boring without PVP that is your optinion. I don´t find them boring a t all. I love to do PVE and PVP. We do dungeons 2 times a week and we always have fun doing them. If a dungen is interesting also depends on the Loot. Different players have different needs and enjoy different things.

We found many interesting Items for Crafting in the Dungeons from MO1. For excample the weapon Hilts to reduce the STR equirement of a weapon, Scrolls for the Magic Schools, Items for Books and so on. I think we need an Equivalent for the Weapon Hilts used for Bow Crafting. Maybe we could find Items to decorate the weapons

I think not all droped weapons should be the same. Some should have a bit more durability and some a bit less durability. I thinkt hey should be unidentified. Maybe some magic weapons could give you + 5 Skillpoints in Swordsmanship or agressive stance and so on. Ulima Online had a good System. Players should still be able to craft the beast weapons but you should also be able to find a good weapon, but it should be very rare. Most of the dropped weapons should be shit.

If the game want to become popular, it needs more dungeons and at the same time more PVP hotspots. My Idea not decrease the ammount of Hotspots but increase them. If a different dungeon is particularly lucrative every week, then this becomes a hotspot for PVP players. The other dungens are thereby relieved. That's th best solution. Some players just want to farm their dungeon in peace on the weekend. Those players would be pissed off if the Dungeons were the only PVP hotspots. The PVP Players want more Hotspots PVP and in particular reasons to fight for somethign meaningful.

Did you read the full post ?

"In addition, we would need an Event / Quest NPC who picks out a different dungeon every week and demands items from this dungeon as a currency for different items. The Horspot dungeon should change every week. It's about creating PVP hotspots. During this time special mobs should spawn there, the boss should drop rings, special animals and monsters for taming / domination could spawn, etc. The PVP players could smash their heads there and the other dungens would be relieved. Some players just want to farm their dungeon on the weekend without getting involved in major fights and the PVP Community want more PVP Hotspots and reasons for PVP. A place
A place where they can bang their heads in all day.

That would also lead to more players wanting to build houses near each dungeon and transport items around the world. I don't think it's good when the most lucrative dungeon is farmed over and over again. This idea would bring variety. The most lucrative dungeon would change weekly.

It is important to have enough dungeons, world events and terretory controll as fast as possible to get reasons to do PVP, so that the dungeons are not the only PVP hotspots. There is a lot of feedback in this regard.
We need the Meteor Strikes, so all Players go there and fight each other for the Materials.
We need player triggered World Events as we had with the demon Stones. Place a Pillar that opens Portals and let a lot of demons spawn. That was something like an airdrop in other games. A player triggered World Event. Players should see that from far away. Maybe the weather should change and so on. They should go there to fight the Demons or fighting each other for the Loot.
The Terretory Controll is another reason for fighting. The Terretory Controll mechanics in Mortal Online 1 had some problems. The Towers were too squishy. They got destoyed too fast.

Everyone on the server got a message when such a tower was attacked in MO1, but unfortunately they got destroyed far too often far too quickly before a huge battle broke out. Another problem was that some players just hit the towers and then ran away. That's why a repeating message is needed. Every time the tower loses 1% hitpoints this massage should be repeated in the global Chat.

The Players have be distributed in different cities. We need many PVP Hotspots beside dungens, That´s the reason why the World Events and terretoy controll should have priority in the development.
In this article, I'll describe it in more detail.

Last edited:

zers

Aug 4, 2021
This is where Henrik decides what direction he wants the game to take.

Either he goes the ultra hardcore route and allows forced war decs to be a thing and turn blue cities in to kranesh. I'm sure declaring war on a noob guild like integrity or koto and 1v5'ing them inside town would be a lot of fun for me. But not for them. Noobs will just get priest camped inside blue towns which means they are basically banned from playing the game. This is ofcourse assuming war declaring won't be heavily exploited...

Or he goes the softer route allowing noobs to actually load in to the game before being sent to a grey screen. If they however go this route I think they should disable all form of pvp inside blue towns or 4 mages will just roam around killing everyone wearing shiny armor.

In conclusion they need to choose what direction they want to go and change the current blue town pvp situation.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Games way to carebear. People wont war dec and instead use it as ally system. People will wardec their allies so they dont go grey hitting them and can see their name in non blue.

Like whats the point of even logging in. I hope in 2 weeks they have some way to force wardecs. Everyone just hides in GZ, why play the game. You stand outside and wait for people to come out to fight you which they wont unless they can zerg.

War dec was a huge let down. Maybe in two more weeks the game might have somthing to do.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Hard to see how that would work, too. Having a town full of people who get along stretches the imagination. :)
I know. Even thnough it's a game and not real life.
But then, do people in all guilds get along? Some signs point to "no". There have been Mortal wars between former allies, and also Civil Wars that supposedly weren't staged just for attention / protection.

the more i think a bout it the more i bleav that mechanic based protection for smaller gilds is a bad idea and will be exploited by greefer guilds and the like. in light of that here is my proposal:

1. we implement a tier system that will dictate the cost of war decking guilds, based on the membership count of the (targeted) guild, rather than out right preventing it. Smaller guilds cost more.
Technically, that's a mechanic, but it's a better one.
2. we implement the proposed alliance system. guilds in alliance cost less?
An alliance system could be a much-needed improvement, as long as it was incompatible with declaring war on your allies at the same time. That should be obvious but if Star Vault is reading what we write, I'll spell it out as many times as needed.
3. if war decking has a affiliated cost and a formal period of declaration i would like to see a deserter status for people that drop guild during a war declaration.
A deserter status might be good, but please explain what you suppose that the deserter status should do. Do deserters go grey?
What I think this proposal will do is not preventing people from picking on small guilds, but make it financially not worth it or at least not worth doing repeatedly but still encouraging people to yours the war declaration system. In my mo1 prime most guilds did not utilize the war declaration system due to people dropping guild. So if you wanted to destroy your enemy's one had to bite the bullet and go red to do so.
That should be how it would work, unless there isn't enough of a gold drain to being 'a larger guild', and unless outside investors get involved in footing the bills.
("yours" should be read 'use', above, correct?)

What did you even write?
What, specifically, did you not understand? If you can tell me in words, I'll consider clarifying it for you. Otherwise, misunderstanding that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without explanation.

ROTLUST

Oct 9, 2021
1.hard mechanic example option a or b. i am not sure how to clarify this one but thank you.

2.i would hope that would be self evident but you never know. one should not be able to war deck alliance member.

3.i was thinking some thing a little more subtle perhaps yellow status. one would take a hit to faction standing guards less likely to respond to you calling them decrease to sophistication if that is making a come back. and not being able to join a new guild for the war deck duration.

4.i think that is completely legitimate adds some nuance. correct should read use.