How Should Have Work 2.0

How Would You Like to See Haven Implemented

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Same jist, but the original poll left out one of the most popular options (the idea of making content limited rather than time) and enough people were writing it into the comments it's clear any poll that doesn't include it is a sham. In redoing the poll I decided rather than condensing the features down into a shortlist of single-select features, it's best to make the features multi-selection and list all the potential features to get an idea of how people really feel about the many issues surrounding haven.

Not existing has already been shot down by SV and the other poll so no reason to make it waste option room.

One issue there wasn't room on the poll for.

No export vs. limited export vs. a full bank of exports.

On that, I would vote limited export (just enough slots to bring a few items you get from the tutorial) and no export for people who return a 2nd time if that happens.

On the PvP front, I disagree with any PvP the interferes in the tutorial but it would be cool to see a PvP area that you have access to until you leave for the first time just to get players a chance to practice fighting other players until they leave for the mainland. That particular content I would give a time limit to though so you don't get players that just stay to be the champ of Haven PvP.

Last edited:

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
for the haven should be very simple. like old tindrem gardens but completely disconnected from the world. an area with small quests (even no pvp) which make you go through the basic of the game:

- interface
- gathering
- crafting
- directional combat (pve?)

then at the end an npc telling the player that whenever they want they can leave to experience the real game, but no time limit to stay within haven.

once a player leaves Haven there is no going back, and they lose all inventory. for veterans and alts, at character creation there should be an option to skip Haven completely, and start in the chosen starting city directly.

this feature for me should be an absolute MUST before release, as it's crucial for new players retention

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
What if SV make Haven an demo/f2p for ppl to try the game?

It's not a real suggestion (maybe a little offtopic, but still related to Haven) but I'm just curious what could be pros and cons of that option.

Reactions: Grisù

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
this feature for me should be an absolute MUST before release, as it's crucial for new players retention

I just hope what they do release is either high quality or a foundation upon which to build something of higher quality. It would be bad to see them implement it poorly just to implement it faster.

It's not a real suggestion (maybe a little offtopic, but still related to Haven) but I'm just curious what could be pros and cons of that option.

Like you can download and play the game but you can't leave Haven without a subscription? If they do a really solid job on making Haven good then that's probably a good way to get subs.

Reactions: Grasthard

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
If your gonna do a Haven, which when I played MO back in the day there was no Haven, it should be a time limit of 48 hours max. The whole point of MO is to join the world and know absolutely nothing if your a new player. That is what made it a legit sandbox mmorpg. You meet people, find a guild, and go get into the mix. I first played MO back in 2012 and I didn't know anyone. I met some good dudes (VAG) who took me in and showed me the ways. I got wrecked all the time but I had a blast. I didn't care if I lost materials. If your a new player and your scared of pvp, then you should most definitely go find a care bear mmorpg. This game is for the soulless and it needs to stay that way. I stopped playing MO1 before Haven so to hear there was even a "Haven" surprised me.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yes. It was before the first of the recent topics about it was made. Some people are lobbying to have it removed but it's been planned the whole time.

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
"tutorial-relevant content only" along it is limited only on basis aspects.
No items, skills, stats from Haven to main game also.
Please Let's maintain the Risk/Reward ratio on high levels.
In my opinion nobody should be able to experiment in full gathering, processing, crafting, weapons/armors data in the warm cuddling safety of Haven.

Yup, even with limited time you can play that demo, then asking to buy a subscription. Like a trial version or something.

I like this idea, but I fear server/s could not be able to handle that load of "free-players" on release without any performance loss.
Maybe as "Marketing plan-B" after a year from release, to regain some fresh playerbase.

Reactions: Grasthard

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Rather than just the basics I would like Haven to drop players into situations that teach them important lessons. For example, equip them with expensive gear and force them to lose it. Teach them the importance of wearing gear that you CAN AFFORD to replace 5 times over or more.

The basics are important of course but I do think these lessons are equally important. Especially for players who are new to full loot titles and come from games like WoW where you work to wear your highest tier set at all times.

Reactions: Vagrant

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
From what I've read in multiple threads, it seems just about all agree Haven is not/was not ideal as it is,
this does not automatically mean a binary for/against inclusion viewpoint.

At this late stage of development when release is so close, it's down to how much resources to put in to it without making it an attractive 'content' add-on instead of the minimum learning experience required to help provide some intuitive learning of the idiosyncrasies perculiar to MO, there are many.

As far as I'm aware it's NOT F2P as there is no longer any F2P model associated with MO2,
maybe it would be wise to open it to F2P at some later point to encourage new markets, i'm sure they'll keep that in mind.
Apparently a kind of landing buffer zone may be needed with any large new player influx, perhaps instanced, fair enough.

IF it becomes a pure tutorial or intuitive learning experience rather than in the form of a content 'add-on' then ;

* Reduce size and make it SMALL, please not 6 x larger like MO2, basic tutorial size.

* Limit skill and resources based on tutorial and learning, water to gather/swim, one wood type, granum, reedmace, water, springbox & donkeys maybe, materials in barrels near crafter for basic weapons like Alpha, something pretty limiting like that anyway.

* Take nothing with you to the mainland
- more than the rags and weapon you keep after death ( if that's happening again ) as this is the core of MO and something to be learned early on.

* No time limit
- since it's clearly to learn and of no in-game benefit due to taking nothing but basic skills with you, espeically since you've likely already paid and sub'd to the main game anyway.

* No help chat
- You should require no help chat from vets or others if the tutorial is (very) intuitive <-- key word here.

* PVP via basic combat via duels or fighting arena
- You should be able to have a basic pvp combat experience via duels or perhaps an arena - i'm not sure if the old duelling system ever worked ?

Any 'Haven' should be about learning basics but always motivating the player towards the bigger, better, more interesting discoveries awaiting in the main experience.

Reactions: Grisù

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
Rather than just the basics I would like Haven to drop players into situations that teach them important lessons. For example, equip them with expensive gear and force them to lose it. Teach them the importance of wearing gear that you CAN AFFORD to replace 5 times over or more.

The basics are important of course but I do think these lessons are equally important. Especially for players who are new to full loot titles and come from games like WoW where you work to wear your highest tier set at all times.

lol just posted as i did, this is a good point, definitely needs to be learned, and maybe such extremes in gear from basic to high end could be on Haven since it shouldn't be taken with you, I'd be worried about anything requiring extra Dev resources at this late stage though.

Reactions: PatWins
May 28, 2020
No pvp, no new content, no advanced materials, limited pve. If somebody is content paying a continues subscription for this, so be it lol. Guilds should have an option to pay for an ad on a recruitment board in Haven which allows direct communication with a guild recruiter, with the added option of having noobs spawn at their castle later on, but no returns to Haven ever.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Interesting that the first two options have more than 100%. They were kind of meant as contradictory but I guess people who voted for both mean that the tutorial should get you slightly leveled and some of your starter resources?

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
Since I’m pretty much brand new, here’s what I’d like to see...

1. A pvp area (or multiple areas) ... not huge but big enough for plenty of people to train. This way vets can guild recruit and train noobs a bit on combat (recruiters who take the time to help will probably be rewarded by getting more and better recruits) No looting and plenty of priests nearby.

2. Access to all crafting stations and the resources necessary to make the basics ... a low level suit of armor, basic sword, bow, shield, maybe a simple potion and a common spell? (I don’t know how common spells are lol)

3. A tutorial that explains basic crafting and how skills work.

4. A small pve only area when new players can practice on bandits or other simple monsters.

5. Time limit of 30-40 actual logged in hours (better than a real life time limit because people all play different amounts of time). After time limit out you go!

6. Take nothing with you out except whatever is equipped.

7. I don’t have any idea how they are gonna figure out how to let people back in to recruit and train noobs. Is there a guild system with ranks in this game? If so, maybe each guild could designate a couple recruiters?

Reactions: HappyHour

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I cant really vote because the conditions on the two no time limit options do not fit for me.

But I will try to describe the way I think it should be.

I think it should be a pretty small area and have only the very basics like granum ore, a single type of tree and maybe a way to get leather or cloth for lighter armors.

I think there should be someone easy pve creatures that can be killed to learn basic mechanics combat. Not very rewarding. But maybe things that could be used for crafting and upgrading at these very low cuprum like levels.

I believe there should be the dueling option so players can at least get some PVP exp by choice.

Artificial time limits should not exist so players are able to have a character there to aid new players, recruit or whatever other reasons they would want to strand a character there with limited resources and very few things to do.

I also think there should be a type of optional dungeon/quest that is very challenging with the type of gear available there. This should not be solo able and require a group to pull it off. If completed successfully then a consumable reward could be given that is in high demand in the real world. I believe something like this could encourage some vets to have a character on haven to aid new players in getting more of this item available into the real world.

I know it is not the most popular opinion but I believe that players should be able to take the things they can get on haven with them. I think the balance here should be the limited amount of things they can gather and produce there and the fact that it is a one way trip one time. If there are much more productive ways to get things in the real world then there will be little reason to waste time doing such things at haven.

Reactions: Vagrant

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
I also think there should be a type of optional dungeon/quest that is very challenging with the type of gear available there. This should not be solo able and require a group to pull it off. If completed successfully then a consumable reward could be given that is in high demand in the real world. I believe something like this could encourage some vets to have a character on haven to aid new players in getting more of this item available into the real world.

i would've appreciated the option for this sort of learning/team experience in early learning days, i think Haven had something like this but not sure about requiring a team, more like experienced PVE solo, but i never went that far in to it to be honest so I have no clue.

i agree otherwise too, though it would be nice to see guild recruitment left for the main game, there's surely plenty of opportunity after the tutorial stage is complete, as you say, make motivation to move on.

there's a huge thread in MO forums about vets on the MO1 Haven;
- it's worth a read for historical context on how this could go -
many vets clearly saw it as a new safe PVE content addition to remain in permanently or have a recruitment toon remain in.

Is MO2 Haven 2.0 is going to be 'bigger and better' or just the better basic 'learning' experience ?
.. genuine question, I haven't found too much said on it from SV so far

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I would like to see haven as a floating island in the skies. would be much cooler. xD

I mean seriously. Small Island with basic stuff and floating in the Air. no shit water. just floating.

100% cooler than boring water. Nice clouds nice weather. and if you fall of you fall into the eternal white cloud void and just die.

Reactions: Treibholz

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Maybe 1 mine shaft.
3 -5 types of animals small spawns. Small island like 1/6 of the size of MO1 haven.
Basic Materials only. A smal pvp Area that looks like a box ring the old one form MO1 in fabernum. for duels and stuff.

ALso infinite time for newb because everyone learn at thier pace. TIme preasure is never a good thing, people might get anxious that they could miss soemtihng. Like FF13 lightning returns were people get completly mad because the whole game is a time limit. Time limits are the worst of the worst it takes away your freedom of choice. time limits is like a big fuck player. If i see timelimits i go in ragemode. I want to do stuff in my pace not in the pace at some random idiot thought of, i should be finished with it. Its only about freedom basicly. take the freedom of people or the freedom of choice and they will hate you and they wil try to kill you. sure not in the case of this game but they will be mad about that.

but i think with a small island and that option people will leave after a few hours anyway. and join myrland
noone in thier right mind would stay longer than a few hours there.

Would be awesome.

Last edited: