How long should I stay in Haven?

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
What is the maximum amount of things I should accomplish before I leave Haven.. here's what I've done so far:

- Completed the tutorial
- all of my combat skills are at 100
- I've killed 100s of zombies, and made some gold, bought/crafted some gear.
- Bought a bunch of books in the library and trained those skills (not all of them, just the ones I was interested in.)
- Killed some bandits
- Killed some pigs
- Did some exploring

I have not visited the dungeon that's there. I have not done much magic.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
There is no maximum amount unless StarVault introduces a time limit for Haven. Your description seems to be almost complete. A very important part of MO is the guild membership. You should try to find a guild to get deeper into the game, because the game is more a multi player game than a single player game. Of cause you can try to live on your own, explore the world and become a business man (trader, ...). But to see the dungeons and to get special skills or spells, you have to run with a guild.

Back to the time in Haven: With release we will have very much veteran players just running to all trainers in Haven and then jumping to Myrland after ten minutes.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Id say once you've got taming and creature control trained I'd leave, spawn in fabernum and tame a horse. Probably learning how to get a horse is your next step. Just use the mo 2 online map

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
I guess that leads me to the next question, so I rerolled.. I've already been out in the main world, I just got overwhelmed and lost as to what I should do next and I ended up in Tindrem, tamed some horses, ran to Bakti, kept getting killed there so I ran to Morin Khur/Toxai, realized those places are just too big for me.. but then I was so far away from anything with no horse, I re-rolled to try to give myself a better start. I know none of this will mean anything in a month, but I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared... so I was thinking I'd start in either Fab or Medhuli, since Fab is just Haven again right? Are those the best starting options?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I guess that leads me to the next question, so I rerolled.. I've already been out in the main world, I just got overwhelmed and lost as to what I should do next and I ended up in Tindrem, tamed some horses, ran to Bakti, kept getting killed there so I ran to Morin Khur/Toxai, realized those places are just too big for me.. but then I was so far away from anything with no horse, I re-rolled to try to give myself a better start. I know none of this will mean anything in a month, but I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared... so I was thinking I'd start in either Fab or Medhuli, since Fab is just Haven again right? Are those the best starting options?

Probably the safest cities are Hyllspellia, Today, MK. From pkers that is. Fabernum is haven basically. But you might as well learn the layouts of some other towns before launch. Meduli is usually a hive of scum and villainy tbh

terriblegamerjoe

Mar 27, 2021
Probably the safest cities are Hyllspellia, Today, MK. From pkers that is. Fabernum is haven basically. But you might as well learn the layouts of some other towns before launch. Meduli is usually a hive of scum and villainy tbh

Is that where you would recommend I spawn or would the others make more sense?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It depends on what you want to do.

Hyllspellia may be safe but it puts you a long walk away from almost anywhere else.

It is basically on the top of a mountain with very few ways to come and go from it.

If your plan is to branch out and explore different ways then it may not be the best starting point.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I went to Morin Khur before but saw very few people and I was totally confused on how to find anything, it's so massive.

It's honestly pretty shit not even gonna' lie. The east sucks ass.

There's still super game breaking terrain bugs, horrible hitching in Toxai valley along with immense stutters / frame drops, and like you said it's so massive and feels empty as shit.

Almost everyone hangs out on the lower bank side of MK where nothing is. All the vendors, librarians, etc. are up on the upper bank level of MK.

The town needs a sewers like Tindrem, or something to compete with that; to give a draw to the city other then just a place for people to PK at the bottom of scaffolding.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@terriblegamerjoe I would say you are ready to leave Haven once you are comfortable with doing your own thing and having the prospect of pvp anywhere anytime with full looting upon death. Once you leave Haven, you're on your own and there's no going back.

It may also be worth figuring out which starting location you wish to begin in once you leave Haven. As picking a location that you later regret will be extremely difficult to relocate afterwards, due to the comparatively vast distances involved.

I would recommend either Fabernum or Meduli, the former has a more homely town feel to it and given how identical it is to Haven.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Stay in have untill you can figure out how to parry and fight a little bit.

For people who know how to play which probably isnt just knowing how to parry Haven is something you want to leave immediately.

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
Tindrem and Meduli are the easiest cities to start in after Haven. Train basic skills, earn some coins, learn how to parry and you are good to go

agui

May 31, 2020
Prob of heaven now u cant make a huge bank before going nave ... so u can take 10g in material so is nothing actually ... wealthy wise dont worth. Just try to train a bit of parrying return ... anyways u only will get better after dieing 1000 for a griefer and training duels and group fights constantly

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I went to Medhuli, I currently have 4 horses, and have been focusing on animal taming. I haven't ventured too far away from Medhuli. I think my next step will be joining a guild.
You are on the right track, many of the vets including myself have our own plans when the game launches. I may someday need to buy from you, especially with the slow horse spawn rate and high number of new players coming in.