How Do We Fix The Economy(/Game)?

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Still: much respect for heretic and playing legit :):)

Much sad for having to process 20 stacks a day haha.
That was not hard :) I just try NG+ in Elden Ring with NAKED MAN Class. They i got enough time to play in MO2 in second windows. Usually i mined 30-50 stacks.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That was not hard :) I just try NG+ in Elden Ring with NAKED MAN Class. They i got enough time to play in MO2 in second windows. Usually i mined 30-50 stacks.

it's hard. I don't dislike mining hard, but doing it consistently like that is crazy! I've done some mining in my day, but never like that. Never even close. 20 stacks is nothing, you are right, but it was different with molvas. It's still a tremendous amount of time sunk every day.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Yeah, I think it's just a buzzword. Things obtained in a bogus way.

Also call me a theorist, but I believe the only paying job in regards to SV (unless it's players paying other players) is people paying SV. Unless some people up in the discord can really talk up that much of a storm, haha. In terms of direction, it's hard to imagine how a few of these ideas came together from the same 'vision.'

All n all tho, it's not bad AS A GAME IMO. It's just content, player related problems ( people having ez gold gains that they can get skews economy because they are also usually protected from pvp by being in a zerg or having lo risk, etc. Like doing MA, you can do that naked.)

What is a unit, though, in this economy, I wonder, what is the measurement? The basic thing. A lot of nerds on games calc gains per hour. MO is a lot more complex than that, but even on a scale like that, we can compare low gains (GY gains aren't that bad if you have a horse and pick up carcs tbh, jump on horse, speed to spot.) Sator carc gains are easy, Risars, when people aren't around, seem legit, ants are legit. Pretty much anyone can do that content if they have an MA and don't get ganked. I would call that midrange, then high range would be stuff you need like spiritism to do or stuff you need a big team to do.
I would say that any activity that derives revenue from other players isn't a good unit of measure. Whatever the activity, it should be low risk, low capital (little or no need for skill points, equipment, facilities), soloable, and compensated through vendor trades. Graveyard farming is probably a ringer. Flower picking might also be a good one.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
It doesn't work like that, this is not a country thats printing bills and devaluating the currency. Gold is off the grid, meaning that what you see" as devaluation or not is relative, there are some indicators theres an obsene amount of gold going around.

Are there indicators that theres an obsene amount of gold going around? What are they?

This is like we are at a beach and you're telling me the water isn't safe. There are sharks in the water. I say there's no signs of a shark. No dorsal fins, nobody has seen a shark or been attacked by one. Why do you think there are sharks? And you say, because this beach is connected to the ocean and there are sharks in the ocean.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Are there indicators that theres an obsene amount of gold going around? What are they?

This is like we are at a beach and you're telling me the water isn't safe. There are sharks in the water. I say there's no signs of a shark. No dorsal fins, nobody has seen a shark or been attacked by one. Why do you think there are sharks? And you say, because this beach is connected to the ocean and there are sharks in the ocean.

You got me there, i have no proof theres duped gold. I guess you could' asume the gold being sold on websites is legit even tho i know 2 persons that actually sell duped gold, can i or am i willing to prove? No.

Then people paying stacks of gold for trinckets is definitly a redflag, but i guess not all the people that has stacks of gold duped since there are many exploits in the game and it would be incorrect to assume they all duped.

You could choose to believe theres duped gold or not, but nobody is going to be sending you screens of banks full of duped gold. Thats just not gonna happen lol.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
You got me there, i have no proof theres duped gold. I guess you could' asume the gold being sold on websites is legit even tho i know 2 persons that actually sell duped gold, can i or am i willing to prove? No.

Then people paying stacks of gold for trinckets is definitly a redflag, but i guess not all the people that has stacks of gold duped since there are many exploits in the game and it would be incorrect to assume they all duped.

You could choose to believe theres duped gold or not, but nobody is going to be sending you screens of banks full of duped gold. Thats just not gonna happen lol.
These are indicators, but like you said, it is possible for these things to be happening without any duping.

In MO1, dupes came to light. There were videos, screenshots, people handing out stacks of gold at the Tindrem bank, server rollbacks, admissions from players. Secrets don't live long in this community.

Even in MO2, there are plenty of videos out there of . . . things that shouldn't be possible. But, I haven't seen any direct evidence of duping.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I would say that any activity that derives revenue from other players isn't a good unit of measure. Whatever the activity, it should be low risk, low capital (little or no need for skill points, equipment, facilities), soloable, and compensated through vendor trades. Graveyard farming is probably a ringer. Flower picking might also be a good one.

if you got taming, that's jungle camp. That's Sators all day. There is pvp but in the end it doesn't matter enough. You craft your own bows, tame a jungle, merch shit and it's good. GY is dog shit, can you believe they nerfed undead head price and bandit heads. What irony to let the player side fall so off balance and the unit that they set be so far off. It was like the parcels that gave 5 clade as a choice. haha.

I'm just saying it needs to be readjusted. It shouldn't be that hard when I think about it. I'm sure SV could hire someone for pretty cheap to take a look at it and make an adjustment. That's real. Would it improve game play and immersion overall? I believe it would. I never thought about what to balance it against, other than gold sinks. I dunno if many people do, but that is the question that needs to be answered, I think.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
I was about to point out @Robmo 's reports of banning for (among other things) duping, but then remembered that those aren't direct evidence.

They would only be indirect evidence of dupes that have been, to some degree, fixed by the time we heard of them.
This is a great callout. I forgot he was doing that, and I find that to be persuasive evidence that duping is happening.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So now that we have established duping is probably real, is this thread over or should we continue to discuss solutions? :eek: