How do I press oil?

Trout

Dec 12, 2022
Looking for where I can go to press oil or buy an item that lets me press oil. I have corn and brown shorekelp to make into oil but unsure how.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Im not sure about corn, but some itemy you just put into the press, and others you have to use the herblogium or wtf its called, then get the seeds or what have you and press that.
So in every city there is a Press, find that and put it in, if it wont let you take it to the herblogium first.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, man, uh corn is unique (wtb corn! cuz I need lores!) because you can grind corn. You should grind corn. You will get CORN FLOUR and OIL. Not much oil, but some... and lore. Then you take the ground flour and press it. Brown shorekelp drops so low in terms of oil, you can expect like less than 100 per stack of oil as you are loring, but I'd put that straight in herbolo.

I've found the whole skill herbalism is p TRASH. I guess if you are doing salvia or sea dew, but everything else triggers under milling that I've seen. Maybe even them, but I'm pretty sure those herbs and stuff like gamun is under that. Still, 100 pts you can use elsewhere. Shorekelp in Herbolo = milling. I am p sure it's not meant to press, but I haven't even touched all the mats in MO2 yet! MO1 I tried everything. Shore Kelp Oil is OP tho, esp to level. Palm oil was the big level thing (for me at least) cuz you'd just stash running around at jungle camp. But you get good levels, at least extracting, with shore kelp, even tho the gains are TRASH. I would use corn to lore tho cuz you get two diff exp, the left over oil, then the pressed grain oil. However, corn oil can be a bit meh in comparison to the other oils. It's cool tho. It has uses. OILS in this game are all OP in their own way imo.

Edit: also the guy who has the leaf on his sign is the botany guy, there should be a kind of table with plants hanging over it (herbolo) and then something that kind of looks like a well ( or a wood bucket) with a spigot. Think Hellen Keller, that'd be the press.

Trout

Dec 12, 2022
Thank you all, going to give corn oil a shot! :) Just found the press in my town. I wasn't able to press any of the ground flour into oil but I will try pressing corn from the get-go

Trout

Dec 12, 2022
I am not getting anything when I use corn or kelp with an extraction press... is there something I am missing?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You should grind corn. You will get CORN FLOUR and OIL. Not much oil, but some... and lore. Then you take the ground flour and press it.

Brown shorekelp drops so low in terms of oil, you can expect like less than 100 per stack of oil as you are loring, but I'd put that straight in herbolo(GIUM.)

Edit: also the guy who has the leaf on his sign is the botany guy, there should be a kind of table with plants hanging over it (herbolo) and then something that kind of looks like a well ( or a wood bucket) with a spigot. Think Hellen Keller, that'd be the press.

this part.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Read the book for botanic oil lore first! Don't start to get oil before you read the book. Available for 10 gold in the jungle camp.

Reactions: Trout